Sex Toys: Best, Worst, Everything in Between!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love my toys, but too many of them cost too much and weren't worth it. I've also found some unexpected bargain gems. So I thought it might be fun if we all shared what we know.

What toys do you own?

Do you like them? Do you use them or do they sit unused?

Which toys gave you buyer's remorse?

If you own two similar toys, which is superior?

Have you found a special or unusual use for one of your toys?

Discuss price vs. fun if the toy is very cheap or very expensive

Dscuss design flaws or shoddy craftsmanship

Add anything else toy related!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I own a whole toy store.

Almost every one of my toys is from the clearance table at my local toy store. Oh the joy to be had from a $6 discount toy!

It took a while to figure out which ones were the good toys, and which ones weren't. It helps that at my local toy store, they will open the toys and let you see for yourself how they work, how strong the vibes are, how the controllers operate, and they give excellent advice. It makes a huge difference in finding quality toys.

In my toy box:

-Hitachi Magic Wand. It's horribly loud, but powerful. I dislike it all by itself. It's just too much and too hard. It needs an attachment.

-a wonderful jelly attachment that was made for a different wand massager that I've forced onto my Hitachi Magic Wand. It was on the sale table at my local toy store for $6, so I took the risk that it might not fit the Hitachi and is one of the best purchases of my life

-a Waal vibrator. I've replaced the hard plastic attachment with a much softer one from an another vibrating massager that happened to fit and feels much better. The Waal has an intense vibration that feels different than other vibing toys and is very quiet, which I love. It's very enjoyable. It also plugs in, so there isn't the battery draining issue of the vibrator becoming less and less powerful the closer to orgasm you get. That is very frustrating. Plus, always running out of charged batteries is annoying. I wish they made better attachments for it.

- an imitation Waal-styled massager whose vibrations didn't hold a candle to the Waal, but had better attachments that fit the Waal, so worthwile in the end, although expensive for just some attachments

- A few California Exotics Impulse controllers that came in a variety of sets that I use with lots of my toys. Best toy controllers I've ever found.

-A harness for wearable toys that I found on the clearance table at my local toy store. It's cheaply made and I could make a better one myself, and I may someday, I do love wearable toys. All the toy attachments all work with the California Exotic Impulse controllers, which is superior to the one that came with the set. Included was a vibrating dildo and a vibrating anal plug.

-Other toys that work with the California Exotics Impulse controllers: several vibrating bullets and an insertable vibrating anal toy

-two jelly cock rings that holds a bullet that also work on wearable toys

-Two rabbit style vibrators, both from California Exotics. One with the rotating beads, another a purple g-spot styled one with a head that moves in a circle (not actually turning, but draws a circle as it moves) that I call "Dr. Seuss." I don't even use the insertable part of the one with the rotating beads, I turn it around and just use the rabbit part on my clit. I prefer Dr. Seuss. I may just need a different model of rabbit.

-Five dildos in a variety of shapes, widths, and materials, used mainly for preparation for sex, or practicing various skills, not play-time itself

-another anal plug, non-vibrating

-Several very small discreet vibrators. I rarely use these, they all just vibe, no patterns and the vibing is weak. I become numb to the sensation quickly. They were a waste of money.

-black fleece-lined leather wrist and ankle straps. We've only used this once, he used them on me. Maybe someday we'll get around to using it again. I'd actually like to use them on him, which I brought up for the first time last week.

-a We-Vibe. This did not work for us. It was larger than expected and it hurt his penis. I do not use it on my own. I purchased this online and wish I had gone to my local toy store instead. It was expensive and a disappointment. I have read that it works very well with less girthy penises, or less small vaginas.

-lube shooters for anal sex. Not yet used.

-a silicone prostrate massager. Not yet used.

-a jelly adonis pouch. Not yet used.

- Gyneflex in regular and firm. Not a toy, but for preparation for sex, so included. Not yet used.

- four jade and stone eggs and balls for practicing pompoir. Not yet used.

-a never used leather cock ring. I have no idea how this ended up in the toy box. I assume it was an extra thrown in with another purchase.

Toys I'm interested in purchasing:

-one of those MP3 player controlled vibrating toys. I just want to know how powerful it is first, and how well it works, especially compared to the California Exotics Impulse controllers

-an inflatable rubber dildo or anal plug, for preparing for anal sex. Does anyone know how well these work for that?

-one of the wearable toys from the Impulse line. There are lots of them and they're more expensive than the other toys. I haven't gone to the toy store to shop for one yet.

If anyone has purchased any of these, could you leave a comparative review?

Last edited:

D_Ollyvall Oilyclit

Just Browsing
Media
What toys do you own?

I own the Rabbit Pearl, Curvy Passion Probe, Trojan Vibrating Touch, Natural Contours Ultime, anal beads, a glass dildo, Smart Balls, and a butt plug

The only two that I don't like are the Rabbit and the Smart Balls. They both are uncomfortable to me. I am looking to get the Single Smart Ball. I hope that won't suck as much as I want a toy for kegels.

The Rabbit Pearl. I spent about $90.00 for it and I've only used it twice. I have found that the design does not work for me. If I'm using the clitoral stimulator portion I can't really get the pearls inside of me. Luckily I can recycle that toy and get another one.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Trojan Mini Vibe. I tend to hate really strong vibes (hence, no Hitachi Wands for me), yet this was perfect. I think I paid about 10 bucks for mine and I got it at Target. I loved not having to make a special trip to the toy store to get this. Also, the battery can be replaced which makes me very happy.

Since it's Earth Day: Sex Toy Recycling Program

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The Rabbit Pearl. I spent about $90.00 for it and I've only used it twice. I have found that the design does not work for me. If I'm using the clitoral stimulator portion I can't really get the pearls inside of me. Luckily I can recycle that toy and get another one.

My rabbit style vibrator was also very expensive and I don't use it for the same reasons. The parts don't line up properly with my anatomy. With the shaft inserted, the clit stimulator actually sticks really far out, way past my pubis mont and the end vibrates in thin air. I suppose the distance between my clitoris and my vagina might be shorter than average. The pearls that are supposed to stimulate my g-spot aren't even close to the right spot, because I can't put the shaft all the way inside me. This wouldn't be a problem for women who can take a longer toy than me.

Dr. Seuss, a much better name than Squirmy, works better for me, not only because the "circle drawing" motion of the head is more pleasing to me than the pearls, but also because that motion moves the clit stimulator in little pleasurable circles too, and that motion combined with the vibing patterns and the soft silicone nubbies makes it a toy that I never get tired of. The first time I used it I just barely touched the clit part to myself and it tickled unpleasantly! Then I figured out that I need to push the soft little nubbies against my clit for it to work properly.

Add anything else toy related

Since it's Earth Day: Sex Toy Recycling Program

Great reminder! Thank you!

Last edited:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OMG! Petite! What a great collection!

The only toy I own is a real live dick, attached to a rather good looking man. I'm extremely oral (guess I was bottle-deprived as a kid), and sucking on a dildo isn't my idea of a good time. :biggrin:

I am interested in one of those silent, strap-on clit vibrators with a remote control. It woulod be fun to give the remote to my guy and then go out on the town. :eek: :biggrin:

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
I love my toys, but too many of them cost too much and weren't worth it. I've also found some unexpected bargain gems. So I thought it might be fun if we all shared what we know.

What toys do you own?

Rabbits x 6,Wittle Wabbit,sqweel wheel,clitorific,Sui love duck,Cupids Lipstick,tulip teaser,The Lick,Inflatable butt plugs,John Thomas,Mammoth inflatable dildo,Omar dildo,Jeff Stryker cock n balls,glass dildos plus about 15 others including strap ons

Do you like them?

Some are ok.One is FABOOOOOLUSSS!!

Do you use them or do they sit unused?

mostly unused as most are cr*p

Rabbit x 6

Omar without a doubt!

One other glass dildos is fab for mixing cocktails :wink:

Discuss price vs. fun if the toy is very cheap or very expensive.... The cheapest is the best one

Dscuss design flaws or shoddy craftsmanship..

the rubberised,plastic smell is yuk,the colours are yuk.

Most were bought for me so i can't really grumble but out of all of them i use 4 of them

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OMG! Petite! What a great collection!

LOL! I know! I was quite embarassed when I wrote my entire collection down! So many toys!

In my own defense, I plead "long distance relationship." While I am definitely a perv, for the first year that the bf and I dated we lived a thousand miles apart from one another, and sometimes it would be a month between weekend to week-long dates.

The bf still goes on long business trips, leaving me home alone with my toy box. It can't replace him, but it's fun!

Not_Punny said:
I am interested in one of those silent, strap-on clit vibrators with a remote control. It woulod be fun to give the remote to my guy and then go out on the town. :eek: :biggrin:

I would LOVE to have one of those remote controlled vibes for couple play! You just added another toy to my wish list.

Be warned, the best toys drain batteries like crazy, and become less and less powerful the longer you use it. I change batteries at least once every time I use my battery operated ones so I can experience full power at the end of play. Also, the straps tend to be useless. You have to wear them under a pair of very tight panties. With wearables, I'll soak through my underwear and then I become a little chilly in my nethers, so latex panties also work, I'm told. I haven't tried this yet, since I own no latex panties.

I don't know if it's possible for a really fun one to be completely silent. I suspect a silent one wouldn't vibe enough to be pleasurable. For public couple play, it might work best in a dance club or a concert or someplace else loud so that the sound of it is never noticed.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Most were bought for me so i can't really grumble but out of all of them i use 4 of them

What a lucky girl! The bf has purchased a lot of them for me, but I am a naturally thrifty person, and on principle I dislike any time money is spent on something unused or not enjoyed, regardless of who is spending the money.

I'm glad I'm not the only one here who likes toys!

I have so many questions for you PrincessTasha!

Is the inflatable butt plug worth purchasing? Will it help prepare for anal sex with a girthy penis better than using dildos?

Is Omar the FABOOLUSS one?

Is the squeal wheel fun or is it overhyped?

Last edited:

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
What's the Mammoth inflatable dildo like. I heard it really smelled of rubber & was very difficult to insert uninflated.

I met Omar!

The mammoth smells and would have ruptured me if i had inflated it more than one squeeze of the bulb.

So have,several times..... and also have the dildo of his penis.It doesnt feel as good as the real thing though but is still brilliant.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
What a lucky girl! The bf has purchased a lot of them for me, but I am a naturally thrifty person, and on principle I dislike any time money is spent on something unused or not enjoyed, regardless of who is spending the money.

I would love it if you could elaborate a bit more. Please? Pretty please?

Elaborate on who bought them for me?

Well my ex bought some,my current beau did and some were bought for me by 'friends'.

Toys are nice to use together,fun and some of the vibrators feel great for guys just touching the skin of the perinium,scrotal sack and tip.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Elaborate on who bought them for me?

Well my ex bought some,my current beau did and some were bought for me by 'friends'.

Toys are nice to use together,fun and some of the vibrators feel great for guys just touching the skin of the perinium,scrotal sack and tip.

I meant elaborate on your toys, which I wrote before I noticed that you did! Doh! :rolleyes:

I re-edited it to ask a few burning questions I have about some toys I've considered purchasing and about that Faboooluss one!

Re-asking for toy help:

Is the inflatable butt plug worth purchasing? Will it help prepare for anal sex with a girthy penis better than using various sized dildos?

Is the squeal wheel lots of fun or is it overhyped?

Last edited:

D_Ollyvall Oilyclit

Just Browsing
Media

Is the inflatable butt plug worth purchasing? Will it help prepare for anal sex with a girthy penis better than using dildos?

Is the squeal wheel fun or is it overhyped?

Yes, I want to hear more about this toy too.

D_Sparroe Spongecaques

Experimental Member
Media
I meant elaborate on your toys, which I wrote before I noticed that you did! Doh! :rolleyes:

I re-edited it to ask a few burning questions I have about some toys I've considered purchasing and about that Faboooluss one!

Re-asking for toy help:

Is the inflatable butt plug worth purchasing? Not in my opinion,it feels cheap and hurt me alot but then i have never been into anal penetration.I just tried the toy to see what it was like...it would be quite good for those who already enjoy anal already i think.Will it help prepare for anal sex with a girthy penis better than using various sized dildos?I'm not certain but i would have thought so.The pump action goes in slight stages so could quite possibly be good for anal with a girthy penis

Is Omar the FABOOLUSS one?OHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSSS and the dildo of his penis is pretty awesome too

Is the squeal wheel lots of fun or is it overhyped?
Overhyped i'd say.I'm super sensitive clitoris wise as i'm pierced twice and the sqweel took me about 15 minutes to start to peek and that was more due to determination on my part[/b]

Yes, I want to hear more about this toy too.
In my opinion girls it's worth paying the £20 or so for them incase they are ok for you.See,for me i love being stretched more than pumped so that might be why some toys are no good for me[/b]

Knicker critter that straps over by the groin and the vibe bit over the clitoris is fairly good and its only £15

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you for your reply, PrincessTasha! That's really helpful!

It looks like I'm going to invest in one of those inflatables. At least they're cheap!

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
friggin A that's a lot!
I just own one plain old chi chi larue dong =P

I've just recently begun purchasing men's toys for play with him, but haven't had a chance yet to try any of them.

I recently purchased the stretchy jelly Adonis pouch with the idea of using it during oral sex. It was also on the clearance table. I plan on replacing the cheapo bullet it came with with one of the plug in bullets with my best controller and let him control the vibe on his balls and the base of his penis while I give him oral. I can't wait to try it out!

Anytime Petite.I did use an anal pump,the same as my one,one on a guy who liked anal sex anyway and he said he'd rate it 6.5/10 due to it just stretching and not really moving in any other way.

Yeah, I really just want it so I can get used to having his width in my bottom. I've had anal sex with thinner penises and enjoyed it. I'd like to add anal sex to our play, especially since I know how much he enjoys it.

I have found one with a vibrating core that could help with relaxing. I am considering the vibing one, especially if I can use one of my favorite controllers with it.

There is another one that squirts lube that is obviously made for preparing for anal sex. It does double duty as both a dilating device and a lube shooter. I'm unsure about that one. It seems like it might be difficult to clean and lube shooters are cheap and disposable.

Last edited:

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
What toys do you own?

Dscuss design flaws or shoddy craftsmanship

I am feeling under the weather today (I think there's more pollen in the air than air) so I'll probably forget something. Since I am far too lazy to type this all out again I am just going to provide a perma-link to a post I made about DIY dildos.

http://www.lpsg.org/167840-penis-casting.html#post2565704

Some other things I own off the top of my head --

• Smart Balls -- Fun Factory Smartballs

• Lelo INA -- LELO: The world's best pleasure objects

• Hitachi Magic Wand

• a small glass dildo

• a Violet Wand -- Violet Wand Globe Animation Page

• this vibrator -- Violet Wands Violet Wand VioletWand

• this vibrating dildo -- Cherry scented vibro-dong - Realistic dildo vibrators

• an 8 inch jelly dildo

• Kegelmaster 2000 -- Kegelmaster - Original Official Website

• assorted nipple clamps

And more but I just don't have the brain capacity to put forth the effort. I hate that cherry-scented vibro-dong now, I never use it anymore. It's too hard and weird-smelling -- like cherry cough syrup. I love my Hitachi. I also LOVE the Violet Wand and the electromagnetic vibrator. And I love the DIY dildo I made with SkinRite.

I want a clit pump and good butt plug. Vibrating preferably, and small.

Last edited: