sex with a condom

doug2003

Experimental Member
Media
Although there is no question that sex is better without a condom between the lack of sensation with one on and the struggle to put one on.Is there anyone here that gets turned on my the ideat of using one of putting one on.

I have to say there are times I will use a condom if when it is not neccesary. i love putting one on in front of a woman or having her put in on. I also have always associated putting a condom on with the pleasure that is about to come.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree, Doug. For me, the moment the condom goes on is excruciatingly exciting, knowing what's next! Also, it the feeling of being able to relax and know that all is right with the world and we're taking responsibility. I know this sounds wierd and "non-sexual", but it increases my pleasure not to have to worry.

branno: condoms are definately a bit of a downer on sex, i always found just the time it takes to put it on annoying..your all getting excited and ready for it and then...oohh hang on just gotta put on a condom!! kinda kills the mood..but it is definately more exciting she (or he) puts it on for you
and i know what u mean m.z about just knowing that its safe, i always use them just on that basis, and its true that u dont really have a worry in the world once it is on, but its just finding an exciting way to do it the problem!! :wacko:

Donk

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by doug2003@Jul 27 2004, 01:20 AM
I also have always associated putting a condom on with the pleasure that is about to come.
I used to have the same association. Before I got together with my current gf, sex and condoms always went together. Now I don't need them with her (longterm, monogamous relationship; disease-free; other birth control methods). It is great not having to use them, but sometimes I still feel like I'm "supposed to." Ironically, just when I no longer need to use condoms, they finally come out with a brand that actually fits me! (They-Fit from Condomania.com that went on the market just last year.) I went through most of my condom-using life struggling with condoms that were too small.

Now, I sometimes masturbate with a condom for a change of pace and easy clean-up.

Beagle8

Just Browsing
Media
With the larger size condoms now, it's not nearly as bad as it was in the old days where one size fits all was the mantra. Those old condoms would stretch enough to fit around your arm, but when strangle held around a large cock it was very uncomfortable. With the Maxum XLs it's not nearly as uncomfortable.
Beagle
*playing safe*

bigsam

Just Browsing
Media
Well...I will say in the past before I realized I needed to "upgrade" my condoms, putting one on was a bit of a pain as it was very tight and uncomfortable, and would take way longer than it should have.

Now that I'm using Magnum XL's I actually do enjoy the act of putting it on. Not only is it significantly more comfortable but the idea that I get to be reminded that I'm using Magnum XL condoms is kind of exciting. Some girls will get turned on by that as well.

lapdog2001

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am a firm believer in safe sex, so the vast majority of my sexual encounters have been with a condom. In one long term relationship, I had to use them for birth control purposes anyway. I would guess that well over 99% of all the many hundreds (thousands?) of times I've had sex have been with condoms. Like Zora said, putting a condom on can be sensual, even if I do it myself. The 15-20 seconds it takes creates a little more anticipation before the main event. One girl aways loved looking at my erect dick and would pay close attention while I suited up. I could see the anticipation in her eyes. ^_^

Once I found a few brands and varieties that went on easy and fit well, I stuck with them. I always had a supply in the nightstand, ready to go. I even kept some in my coat and my car in case spontaneous sex broke. I've also only had one condom break so far. I noticed it and pulled out, told her what happened, grabbed another one, put it on and went right back to screwing.

Do I enjoy those rare times that I am able to experience a nice warm pussy skin-to-skin ... of course! But the withdrawal method is not a vaild or even remotely reliable method of birth control. I hate pulling out to cum. The best part of having an orgasm is having it inside the beautiful woman with which I am making love (or fucking.) :D

Another plus I noticed is that I last longer while wearing condoms, since they cut down on some of the sensation. No complaints from the ladies about lasting longer! You can put a few drops of lube inside the condom before putting it on to make it slide around a little. That feels pretty good too. Make sure to use a water-based lube and put some on the outside too.

Condoms are really only optional for those who are in a 100% monogamous, committed long-term relationships, with no STDs, and who have both been tested to ensure they are disease free. Many men and women have ended up with an STD not knowing their siginificant other was cheating. :(

I feel more relaxed and comfortable knowing that I am significantly reducing my chances catching anything or causing an unwanted pregnancy. When there is less to worry about when having sex, the sex is much better! Many post menopausal women notice an increase in their enjoyment of sex since they are no longer concerned with getting pregnant.

Safe sex = great sex

LapDog2001 :p

Donk

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by lapdog2001@Jul 28 2004, 02:03 AM

Another plus I noticed is that I last longer while wearing condoms, since they cut down on some of the sensation. No complaints from the ladies about lasting longer!
A very good point. The first few times I had condomless sex with my gf, I lasted an embarassingly short time. I had not had that problem since I was a teenager. Eventually, my penis lost the over-sensitivity and I was back to being able to last a long time (usually a very long time, if I do say so myself). So that is no longer a disadvantage of going condomless for me, but I agree with all your points about how people should always use them outside of 100% committed relationships.

pacod81: I have no problem using a condom. I generally ask my partner to put it on for me. I love to have my cock played with and I think it's very erotic, and it turns them on more also.
I also tend to last longer with a condom on, especially if hard fast penetration is desired, which makes me more of a "stud"
The best thing though is discreetly setting that box of large condoms on the counter, kind of mixed in with your stuff, but in a spot where they can be seen. and watching everyone's reaction. The soccer mom in front of you, with all her groceries already on the conveyer belt, is usually the first one to see them. She doesn't make a big deal of it, but she smiles at you and every now and then you can see her looking at your crotch. [I always make sure there's an outline or an inconspicuous bulge to impress her] The best thing is if her husband is with her and catches her or even looks himself. [he"and she" both know a regular will easily fit his little penis] The person in line behind you will see them and give you wonderfull looks also [it makes you proud to be a MAN] I have seen a cashier spot them while ringing up the person in front of me, and she kept looking at them over and over. By the time I got up to her her nipples were inflamed and protruding out from her shirt and bra. She would never make eye contact with me, but I knew I made her day.
My best experience was at a grocery store, when a beatiful woman got in line behind me after I put my condoms on the counter [with a few other items]. She had 3 gallons of juice and there wasn't room on the counter and I could see they were hurting her fingers as she tried to hold them. I politely made room for her by moving my items further down, at which time I accidentally knocked the box of condoms off of the counter. She put her gallons on the counter and reached down and picked up the condoms which fell by her feet. [I did not plan this] She handled them like delicate medical instruments and turned beat red as she gave them to me. I felt as if she was literally fondling my cock at that moment. [it was actually somewhat intimate]. Anyway I proceeded to check out and headed to my truck. As I was getting in she caught up to me and thanked me for making room for her gallons and asked "if I would like to come over for a dinner and spend some time with her" [her exact words] I did, but we never had the dinner. She was very nervous and excited, and very orgasmic. [especially while I went down on her]. But what really topped the evening was while she was putting the condom on and play with me she stopped for a second and had an orgasm.I fell in love at that moment, and still occassionally have her put a condom on my cock before intercourse.

B_Carolina

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've had a girl put a condom on with her mouth. You talk about a skill that takes practice, I was shocked how easily she seemed to do it, too! And yes, that was a turn on as well.

As far as "struggling with condoms" goes...pardon me for saying it, but the couple of moments it takes to calmly slide one over your dick far outweighs the lifetime of consequences you face for not doing so.

If you're struggling to put one on, perhaps you should slow down, let the notion that in a few minutes, you're sheathed rod will be entrenched in a very heavenly feeling and slowly unravel it instead of trying to jump at it.

I've only had unprotected sex two times (with two different girls) and it plagued my mind both times...until she had her period. I have long since vowed to ALWAYS use a condom no matter who, what, when or where. I hope the younger audience reading this takes heart.

autumnbreeze4321

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Safe sex is an abso;ute must! I do enjoy unrolling a XL condom and running out of condom b4 I run out of cock! I am somewhat adept at applying a condom with my mouth.

With all that said-for me, "bareback" sex is jusy so freaking exciting!!! I've only had unprotected sex a few times with someone I wasnt 100% sure about, and it was some of the most exciting sex ever.

I do NOTcondon unsafe sex, and would never suggest it unless if a 100% committed relationship...but damn its so freakin exciting :wub:

tenkiller: I find condoms near impossible to use. I find them difficult to get on. Especially if I am totally hard. That really kills the moment. I do buy the best brands and largest I can find. They are not long enough but are usually wide enough. Even using the best non oily lube I can get, I have broken almost every one I have used. I even recieved 2 free boxes from Trojan when every condom in a new box broke in one sexual session. If you have this problem, call the manufacturer and report it. Keep the box as it contains vital info. on it about when they were made and what lot# etc.

The best in my experience are the female condoms. It gives the man all the freedom of not wearing any. Almost all of the feeling of no condom and they are easy to install. Made of a plastic they are harder to break than a latex one. One draw back is that they are a little too smooth on the inside.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, but a female condom looks like a bin liner. And it requires a particular sexual practice, one which our large gay contingent cannot engage in.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jonb@Jul 28 2004, 01:59 PM
Yeah, but a female condom looks like a bin liner. And it requires a particular sexual practice, one which our large gay contingent cannot engage in.
Gay men can, and do, use "female" condoms. I've had several "bottom" partners who used these, and in fact I just found one last week while cleaning the bedroom. Years ago, these were the only non-latex condom option available in the USA, and provided a workable, if unconventional, solution for men who were alergic to latex, or insisted on lube that dissolved latex. They also proved useful for men who had problems with the fit of standard condoms. For anal sex, the sensation provided to the "top" is quite different than when using a standard condom, because there is direct sliding contact on the skin of the penis. However, insertion of the thing can be difficult (you stuff it in using the fingers and/or a small dildo), and I found the appearance of the plastic hanging out of my partner's ass to be less than sexy. Now that non-latex as well as various size and shape condoms are available, there is probably less reason to want to use a female condom for anal intercourse, but it can and has been done.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
In addition to the disadvantages you mentioned, the advantage of the female condom is its spontaneity. You can't exactly stick something up your rectum and wait for a good-looking man; what if you have to use the little boys' room?

robert598: While I agree with the responsibility increased safety (though many give BJs without a condom, without considering that HIV transmits as easily orally as it does vaginally or anally... even without orgasm), and I will and do use them, I find that:

1) The regular ones usually don't fit and tend to, after a bit of time, blow out (I've since found some that fit well);
2) The sensations are greatly reduced;
3) I have a difficult time, when wearing them, staying hard (due to #2);
4) I don't cum all that often even without them, and the chances while wearing them makes it almost impossible (again, see #2).

Generally, as long as my partner is enjoying it, I'm happy; however, feeling what I'm doing really adds to the experience.

-R

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Robert, by all means try Maxim XLs. Many of the members here have said that the fit is better and less "constricting" for larger guys, might just do the trick.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Actually, robert, it doesn't transmit as easily. It's still possible but less likely. One reason is because during fellatio the insertive partner isn't as active. Comparing the other two "entry points", the anus doesn't have any natural lubricant, so tears are more likely than in the vagina.

Ultimately, one has to minimize one's risk as much as possible: Avoid prostitutes (and this includes sex clubs). Try to avoid sexual networking; your sexual network should ideally be small. Don't have sex with IV drug users; per capita, they have higher rates of HIV than MSM. Get tested regularly; this is one of those things like voting where one guy doing it doesn't mean a lot but everyone doing it is quite effective. Always use condoms. If you do these things, your risk of AIDS will be reduced to near zero.