Sex with a curvaceous or slim girl. Which is better for you?

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Here's my question. Define "curvaceous" for me. Is that the "polite" way of saying fat, or just a way of saying "not bone thin"??

No. It's a woman with curves. Not slim, not boney, not anorexic. A woman with a nice shapely ass and thighs and mouth watering breasts. Slim is slim, fat is fat and curvatious is hot.

espreggels

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here's my question. Define "curvaceous" for me. Is that the "polite" way of saying fat, or just a way of saying "not bone thin"??

It depends on who's saying it -- or, more specifically, it usually depends on whether it's a man or a woman saying it.

Generally speaking -- and fellow guys, correct me if you disagree -- "curvaceous" to a man means something along the lines of, say, Kate Winslet or Nigella Lawson (those are just two examples that sprang to mind). Not rail thin, but a long way from anything you'd consider overweight. ("Rail thin" being someone, in my mind, who looks almost unhealthy -- Keira Knightley in some photos, for instance.) And if we're going to break it down even further, it generally means big breasts, slim waist, wide hips, and prominent ass.

When a woman says the word, however, it seems like it can mean any of a thousand things, all the way from "obese" to someone more along the lines of what I just described. There's really no way to tell -- and unfortunately, the word will continue to be bastardized the more obviously overweight women use it as a weasel word to avoid describing themselves as "fat. Same goes for curvy, rubenesque, meat on her bones, and so forth. The ones who annoy me the most, though, are those who claim to have a "womanly" shape, or who describe themselves as "real women," which I find incredibly arrogant, as if there's only one way a woman should look -- and that way is apparently overweight.

Oh, and a word about weight numbers -- as someone else noted, it's like men exaggerating their penis size in reverse; just as guys add two inches, women subtract 20 pounds. So men shouldn't be surprised when they discover the 130-pounder they've been dating actually weighs 150, nor should women be surprised that their boyfriend's eight-inch cock only reaches the six on the ruler.

My apologies for getting so wordy, but with the advent of online dating, this is a subject that affects a lot more people than I think we're aware of. It gets tedious having to pick your way through the minefield of intentionally vague descriptions and misleading photos out there.

AverageJoe06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Reading through this thread, it looks like most of the votes for "curvaceous" are based on the woman's confidence and performance. I'll go against conventional wisdom and say that I prefer very slim types because *I* perform with more vigor and confidence. Not being one of the luckier members here, I find that I feel larger and more masculine when I'm with a very petite woman.

Hence, I perform better and the sex tends to be better.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
*puts on Art Historian hat*

actually, the term "rubenesque does, in fact, represent a woman who in current times would be considered overweight if not obese. Therefore, women who are overweight that call themselves "rubenesque" are being truthful.

This is a link to Rubens' "Venus at a Mirror."

Peter Paul Rubens. Venus at a Mirror. - Olga's Gallery

*takes off Art Historian hat*

espreggels

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
*puts on Art Historian hat*

actually, the term "rubenesque does, in fact, represent a woman who in current times would be considered overweight if not obese. Therefore, women who are overweight that call themselves "rubenesque" are being truthful.

This is a link to Rubens' "Venus at a Mirror."

Peter Paul Rubens. Venus at a Mirror. - Olga's Gallery

*takes off Art Historian hat*

I bow to your superior knowledge of art history -- although I'll be hard-pressed to explain where I learned this particular factoid -- but the fact remains that rubenesque, in common usage, tends to be a weasel word used by women who don't want to admit they're overweight. Show me a woman who describes herself as rubenesque who wouldn't object to being called fat, and I'll show you my fourteen-inch cock.

(In other words, it won't happen -- I don't have a fourteen-inch cock [nor does anyone on this messageboard, incidentally] and no such woman exists.)

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I bow to your superior knowledge of art history -- although I'll be hard-pressed to explain where I learned this particular factoid -- but the fact remains that rubenesque, in common usage, tends to be a weasel word used by women who don't want to admit they're overweight. Show me a woman who describes herself as rubenesque who wouldn't object to being called fat, and I'll show you my fourteen-inch cock.

(In other words, it won't happen -- I don't have a fourteen-inch cock [nor does anyone on this messageboard, incidentally] and no such woman exists.)

Regardless of whether a woman is fat or not, she just said that rubenesque MEANS obese... so why would a woman say "Hi, I'm fat"... when she can say, "Hi, I'm rubenesque" and have it still mean the same thing, without the negative stigma attached to it? That's not being weasily, it's just another way of being honest... just using a different word. I know many women who think being called "rubenesque" is compliment, but being called "fat" is an insult. Rubenesque has some sex appeal to it... "fat" just implies ugly and lazy.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can't imagine why any guys would want a girl without curves... isn't that what makes a girl a girl?

Bingo.

It's that whole waist-to-hip ratio thing...it innately signals fertility and fecundity on a subconscious level. Or to paraphrase you, it's a huge part of what makes a woman desirable as a woman.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have absolutely no problem saying that I'm fat or overweight. Look at some of my posts. I have no objection to the term fat-- though I do object to some of the stereotypes that go along with being overweight and the disgust with which we regard people, especially women, that are overweight. But that's another subject entirely.

Anyway, my point is, rubenesque means fat. For many women it's a term that's not perjorative in nature the way fat is, so it's a better way to describe themselves without all the negativity. I think Meg said that. Women that are overweight struggle all the time with self-esteem because of their weight, so if they want to claim a word that's not synonymous with "ugly" or "lazy," why fault them?

As far as my art history knowledge goes, I took some classes in college. I am in no way claiming to be an expert of any kind.

B_spiker067

Experimental Member
Media
I don't know I've always liked the term rubenesque.

FACT. The term came from where Snoozie said it came from so it has always meant what you see in a Rubens' painting. There is nothing weasily about it, only an uneducated understanding of the word.

espreggels

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Regardless of whether a woman is fat or not, she just said that rubenesque MEANS obese... so why would a woman say "Hi, I'm fat"... when she can say, "Hi, I'm rubenesque" and have it still mean the same thing, without the negative stigma attached to it? That's not being weasily, it's just another way of being honest... just using a different word. I know many women who think being called "rubenesque" is compliment, but being called "fat" is an insult. Rubenesque has some sex appeal to it... "fat" just implies ugly and lazy.

A fair point, and if my post came off harshly, that wasn't my intent. Still, if "rubenesque" means "obese" -- as both you and the original poster have stated -- does that mean all the women out there who would describe themselves as rubenesque would be OK being called obese? It's just different ways of saying the same thing, and when you see that on a regular basis, as you do if you peruse, say, craigslist, it eventually comes off as intentionally deceptive. Why not just say what you mean?

Anyway, I think I took us a little off topic. So: I prefer having sex with women who are in shape, but not too thin, and who have large breasts, a thin waist, a great ass, and a face like Adrianna Lima. Actually, I'd be happy just having Adrianna Lima.

tiggerpoo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I love all womem.
I love 'em thin.
I love 'em curvacious.
I love 'em fat.
I just love 'em.
I'm addicted to women: all shapes, all sizes, all colours, all nationalities.
Pretty ones, ugly ones. Short ones, tall ones. Young ones, old ones.
They are all magnificent.
Variety is the spice of life.
I love dining and wining, romanticizing and seducing women, and they love it too. I love kissing and touching and wooing a women off her feet.
And they become for me the most beautiful women in the world.
I have no inhabitions about my small pecker (5X4.5), I overcame that long ago. Of course, I fanticize about owning a huge dick, but that's a fantasy. I've never had a woman say you're too small. All my lovers come back for more.

ruffboy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

that she has curves, that there aren't that many "straight" lines on her. i think of a 'woman' as having curves and of undeveloped 12 year old boys as being straight up and down. and there are plenty of way too skinny hollywood starlets that fit that latter definition, hoping they're meeting some definition of attractive. that being said there are plenty of "thin" women who do still have curves, still have hips, still have breasts, still have a definable waist and plenty of "heavier" women who are built more like linebackers, blocks without much curving going on, a fireplug type. so no, not at all a "polite" way of saying fat though i think there are definately folks out there who operate solely on stereotypes who would use it that way.

bone thin is NOT sexy!

50%more

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
that she has curves, that there aren't that many "straight" lines on her. i think of a 'woman' as having curves and of undeveloped 12 year old boys as being straight up and down. and there are plenty of way too skinny hollywood starlets that fit that latter definition, hoping they're meeting some definition of attractive. that being said there are plenty of "thin" women who do still have curves, still have hips, still have breasts, still have a definable waist and plenty of "heavier" women who are built more like linebackers, blocks without much curving going on, a fireplug type. so no, not at all a "polite" way of saying fat though i think there are definately folks out there who operate solely on stereotypes who would use it that way.

bone thin is NOT sexy!

I have to agree with sk_bum. I prefer a woman who is both athletic but rounded in all the right places. In the places where a mature woman should be round. Like her ass, breasts, and with an hourglass figure.

p.s. sk_bum, I am a skiier myself. Started skiing at 5 years old.

k9sport

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lets see ... I have been called statuesque, amazon, red sonja (wtf?), etc. by various men over the years. What do those terms mean - who knows, I think it varies with the individual who uses the term. Common vernacular is strange and variable, so it best not read too much into it.

As long as I'm healthy, fit into my current jeans and my ass doesn't jiggle excessively, then I'm happy.

Just for reference - I am 5' 9.5" tall, US size 8/10, have a "bubble butt", small breasted (US 36B), small feet (US 7.5B), fit (long distance runner) and have no idea how much I weigh because I learned long ago not to obsess over it.

K

k9sport

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oops, almost forgot - as for men, I find all sorts of physical features/types sexy - only dislikes are very skinny, BIG bellies and "washboard abs".

K

ruffboy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Lets see ... I have been called statuesque, amazon, red sonja (wtf?), etc. by various men over the years. What do those terms mean - who knows, I think it varies with the individual who uses the term. Common vernacular is strange and variable, so it best not read too much into it.

As long as I'm healthy, fit into my current jeans and my ass doesn't jiggle excessively, then I'm happy.

Just for reference - I am 5' 9.5" tall, US size 8/10, have a "bubble butt", small breasted (US 36B), small feet (US 7.5B), fit (long distance runner) and have no idea how much I weigh because I learned long ago not to obsess over it.

K

omg i'd love to experience a tall girl like you, rrrrroooWWWW!!!! bubble butt is even better, hehe :wink:

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I kinda figured that's what it meant, thought I should verify that though. I can't imagine why any guys would want a girl without curves... isn't that what makes a girl a girl?

If I wanted to fuck someone that was built like a young boy, then I would fuck a very scrawny guy. When I make love to a women I want her to feel like a women. A soft, wonderfully smelling woman with all the curves and meat where it is supposed to be. Real women have curves.

k9sport

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
omg i'd love to experience a tall girl like you, rrrrroooWWWW!!!! bubble butt is even better, hehe :wink:

Thanks :kiss: maybe I'll get up the nerve to post a pic of it someday.

The initial attraction has always been my ass, guys have wanted to do all kinds of interesting things to it, spank it, eat off of it, bounce things on it ... :shocked1:

Careful what you wish for, I'm over 6' with any kind of nice CMFM pumps on my little feet.

xoxo, K