Sexiest thing I've seen today...

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks !
I liked that....don't know the piece he was playing, but it was nice and I don't think it would take much practice for him to play it perfectly.

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He's amazing and I love the gypsy piece.

Pecker - if I remember correctly, you're a lover of classical music.

I'm looking for a CD mainly with violin/strings music though that sounds similar to the gypsy piece or something like Meyer's Short trip Home or even Pachelbel's Kanon in D. I know all those songs are different, but do you (or anyone else) know of any CD's that contain good violin music?

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
rules for getting what you want:

1. Search Amazon.com

2. If it's not there, check out ebay.

You'll have everything you'll ever possibly want. :tongue:

I learned those lessons when I was looking for the soundtrack to What's Love Got to Do with It?

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
TexAssgirl said:
rules for getting what you want:

1. Search Amazon.com

2. If it's not there, check out ebay.

You'll have everything you'll ever possibly want. :tongue:

I learned those lessons when I was looking for the soundtrack to What's Love Got to Do with It?
It's funny, I know this (and have done this) yet didn't for this item. Why? Search me.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That was wonderful Sorcerer. I like the first vid especially since he ends up playing what appears to be a version of Stephen Foster's "Beautiful Dreamer".

Humoresque is a standard favorite of mine. I played it at a recital once in high school and it was always one of the ones my mother pulled me out in front of her friends to play. Between "Méditation de Thais" by Jules Massenet and Humoresque I'm pretty much scarred for life.

Thanks again, that was a treat.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorcerer said:
I'd love to find a recording of the "Humoresque" score. I know it's out there somewhere.

Sorcerer,

I'm sure you know of it.. but there's wonderful a 1940s Joan Crawford "vehicle" (hate that word) in almost film noir genre called Humoresque. It also stars John Garfield.

It's thoroughly entertaining.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
If my senior-addled memory hasn't deserted me, I believe the first piece that fellow is playing in your OP is Brahms' Hungarian Dance #6 in D Major.

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Pecker said:
Here's a .wav file of Humoresque on solo piano.

I'm adding my appreciation, Pecker. Today is the first time I've listened to Humoresque since my ex played it many years ago. One of her multitudes of talents was (is) the piano and you've given me lots of happy memories.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Stronzo said:
Sorcerer,

I'm sure you know of it.. but there's wonderful a 1940s Joan Crawford "vehicle" (hate that word) in almost film noir genre called Humoresque. It also stars John Garfield.

It's thoroughly entertaining.
You probably don't know it but you're speaking to the biggest Crawford fan in the middle of the Pacific. "Humoresque" sits proudly on my "Joan" shelf. I won't go into all the Crawford memorabilia I own, let's just say it's all genuine and I'm surrounded with it as I type this. John Garfield pretending to play the violin was one of the sexiest things put on film.

"With that much talent, he'll probably end up in jail"
---Humoresque