Sexism - a cacophony of silence from the Mod team.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Could you give an example of such banter, Hoss?

I'm thinking maybe you mean flirting that then turns nasty... I can't think of any instances of that. Or do you mean when one member is trying to flirt and gets told the flirting is unwelcome?

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Could you give an example of such banter, Hoss?

I'm thinking maybe you mean flirting that then turns nasty... I can't think of any instances of that. Or do you mean when one member is trying to flirt and gets told the flirting is unwelcome?

I suppose it's a combination of both. To some level there'll be the flirting going on and then another joins in and either they get ignored or some member tells them to stop. The thing is, how does a member know in all cases?

In somewhat similar vein is the banter between yourself and Hickboy (whatever his name is now) I saw in threads where you and others would be hitting back and forth with one liners and such and at times somebody else would enter. At times they were ignored, at times they were added in, at times they would receive a snarky comment (is snarky a word?)..

I guess it comes down to where is a line drawn.

To actual examples, I promise I will try a little later (which might mean next week at the rate I forget things:redface:) to locate some. I must get some work done which means exiting shortly and not doing in depth searchs. If I can't finish by Tuesday it will have to wait until I return from vacation.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Wait, so some bloke asks a silly 'look at my peen' / 'give me wank fodder' thread in Women's issues, myself and (let's say) MickeyLee, post a 'not a women's issue, PFO' type response, he comes back with 'what do you expect on a big cock website?' - I answer 'oh, go blow it out your hole', ML tells him to stop being a predictable arse, or some such - he comes back with 'Listen cunts, you should all suck my big fat cock - any women who posts at LPSG is a pathetic cock slut and should be arse-fucked into submission if she disagrees with a man'.

Are you telling me that neither ML nor I can't report that last post? Or rather we can but should not expect the mod team to act?

Because I read those don't engage guidelines and that is NOT what I took away from them. Perhaps I was mistaken.
Yes you are right. That is not all there is to it. Sorry if I implied that. In addition to what Aconitum answered about how the rules are applied, there is also a notwithstanding clause which states- "Racist/homophobic/sexist content will still be treated as it always has been, regardless of who posts it, where or when - If you cross that line, the team will become involved."

So it doesn't matter when such content is report or if it is reported at all, the moderators acting on behalf of the owner reserve the right to deal with "___ist" content.

Are we batting 100?... No. Of course not.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Do you think it might help if certain terms, slut, whore (whatever you think) were made known to carry sanction from heads up and on for repeats?

I appreciate the difficulties surrounding this and Aconitum has touched upon it already, but I imagine that if someone used the N word they would be out pretty damn fast and though it isn't a UK term, faggot can carry some venom, so why not misogynistic language?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Do you think it might help if certain terms, slut, whore (whatever you think) were made known to carry sanction from heads up and on for repeats?

I appreciate the difficulties surrounding this and Aconitum has touched upon it already, but I imagine that if someone used the N word they would be out pretty damn fast and though it isn't a UK term, faggot can carry some venom, so why not misogynistic language?

I think picking on certain words, outside of the obvious n-word, and censoring them is pointless and taking it too far.

Remember when the cunts tried to stop us cunts from cunting well use the cuntingly good word 'cunt' on this cunty forum? We were not cunting well happy, were we?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I think picking on certain words, outside of the obvious n-word, and censoring them is pointless and taking it too far.

Remember when the cunts tried to stop us cunts from cunting well use the cuntingly good word 'cunt' on this cunty forum? We were not cunting well happy, were we?

Yeah I mean it would be highly undesirable for us to just choose a list of words and hand out warnings for their use. It's all about context, and certainly there are words used in a specific way which can help us to decide if someone is using hate speech, but use of such words in and of itself does not always constitute hate speech.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't see how the concept of big lips vs small lips is any different than big cock vs small cock. It would seem to me that one must be specifically identified to be harassed. We also then have people here who seek humiliation. I see this as a degrading act but others don't. In general, I would expect a group that talks about a range of sexual topics to walk the line of always making someone uncomfortable that is not into that particular act. When I see a thread that I am not into...I don't explore it. I take responsibility in that I can easily avoid a conversation that makes me uncomfortable. So I am lost on the original complaint I guess. The site is not suitable to all people. If this is the case, they should seek other forms of recreation for their own comfort level.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I want to say that the current roster of mods is the BEST I've ever seen here, since the whole moderation approach began.

I applaud the work you do. There's always room for improvement, but it's refreshing and illuminating see the responses here.

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
One person's Cunt is another's Garden of Heavenly Pleasure. slurp.

Sanctioning certain words wouldn't work. The most racist, hateful guy on these boards has never, ever written a pejorative.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I don't see how the concept of big lips vs small lips is any different than big cock vs small cock. It would seem to me that one must be specifically identified to be harassed. We also then have people here who seek humiliation. I see this as a degrading act but others don't. In general, I would expect a group that talks about a range of sexual topics to walk the line of always making someone uncomfortable that is not into that particular act. When I see a thread that I am not into...I don't explore it. I take responsibility in that I can easily avoid a conversation that makes me uncomfortable. So I am lost on the original complaint I guess. The site is not suitable to all people. If this is the case, they should seek other forms of recreation for their own comfort level.

You don't come across as very bright here, you know.

Who said this was about not wanting to discuss cunt lips? Discussing cunt lips is A-OK with me. If you actually bothered to read the thread in question you'll see my objection to the member in question was the way he personally attacked the female members whose responses he didn't like.

Try at least to have a vague idea of the topic before you post, eh?

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay

Maybe I can boil this down for you. It wasn't the topic at all. The objectionable portion of the thread was when the poster suggested that the women who didn't like the way things were said needed a good ass-fucking (I'm paraphrasing here to make it easy to understand). He then clarified to say, no - not all the women, just MB. When he & she continued to disagree he posted pictures of his cock and suggested that she should keep her mouth busy on his dick to prevent further discussion because he was done talking to her.

Am I oversimplifying? Maybe. Would someone else read that thread and take it a different way? Maybe. I do know that I wasn't the only woman who read that thread and viewed those comments as being not only sexist, but mysogynistic.

Now, I love cock and I love sucking cock. But that will be the day when any man will try to shove his dick in my mouth to keep me from talking. Or tell me that a good ass-fucking or fucking in general will straighten me out.

Anyway, that was my interpretation of that particular thread.

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Maybe I can boil this down for you. It wasn't the topic at all. The objectionable portion of the thread was when the poster suggested that the women who didn't like the way things were said needed a good ass-fucking (I'm paraphrasing here to make it easy to understand). He then clarified to say, no - not all the women, just MB. When he & she continued to disagree he posted pictures of his cock and suggested that she should keep her mouth busy on his dick to prevent further discussion because he was done talking to her.

Am I oversimplifying? Maybe. Would someone else read that thread and take it a different way? Maybe. I do know that I wasn't the only woman who read that thread and viewed those comments as being not only sexist, but mysogynistic.

Now, I love cock and I love sucking cock. But that will be the day when any man will try to shove his dick in my mouth to keep me from talking. Or tell me that a good ass-fucking or fucking in general will straighten me out.

Anyway, that was my interpretation of that particular thread.
That is EXACTLY my interpretation of events.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I want to say that the current roster of mods is the BEST I've ever seen here, since the whole moderation approach began.

I applaud the work you do. There's always room for improvement, but it's refreshing and illuminating see the responses here.

This. And I'm well known as a guy who has made his displeasure well known before with them

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
Most cultures that I can think of have been promoting sexism, anti homosexuality and xenophobia for about 8000 years. You might see the cultural actions related to this as misogynistic, racist and homophobic, but to give some anthropological slack, this was the culture. Still is in many parts of the world.

I see the remnants of this in most people, as sexism and xenophobia, rather than misogyny and racism, which I see as a personal decision to consider these positions and believe that they are right.

People can and do say things for which some will pick them up and they will swear blind that they are not racist for example. That is because they believe that that they have rationalised racism out of themselves and don't realise the deep resonance of their cultures.

Kotchanski

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
If I'm understanding Drifter correctly, and I admit I may not be, I don't think he's saying we should just accept it as the remnants of cultures past and turn a blind eye to it all. Rather I think he's saying that as part of culture past, it is still alive and kicking deep within most individuals on some level, though most strive to hide it, from themselves and others because they know it is undesirable, they don't want those thoughts/feelings, but it has been bred into them, and no amount of denial is going to keep it all down... everyone slips sometimes.

There are those who clearly don't fit the above description, not only do they have the thoughs/feelings, but they have no intention of hiding them, and wish to promote them in others... These people are a far greater concern than the above group, who may slip from time to time, but do so with no intent to perpetuate the ism.

To an extreme, it could be described as the difference between the little old lady who is cautious about walking down an alley because there is a black man stood half way down, and the little old lady who screams rape/murder/mugger when she gets half way down and he says "good morning"

I'm just guessing though.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
But it is the ingrained sexism, racism, homophobia that needs flushing out to allow us to move forward to real equality.

Your example of the nervous little old lady verses the rape screaming little old lady is meaningless. The nervous little old lady does nothing to hurt or discriminate against the man she sees in any way he or anyone else can perceive. The rape screaming little old lady does.

A better example would be if the nervous little old lady were to change course and say to another person walking by 'careful, there's a black man down there' - are you saying we should say 'oh, OK then, thanks for the "warning"', roll our eyes and walk on, or should we say 'what are you talking about? what difference does his colour make?' I don't know what you would say but I would challenge the racism. Not because I think I can change her perception, but because we HAVE to challenge these things if we ever want them fully eradicated.

It may take another 8000 years to eradicate these bigotries, it may be impossible altogether but I can't believe that turning a blind eye to it is a better option than protesting the bigotry.

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
But it is the ingrained sexism, racism, homophobia that needs flushing out to allow us to move forward to real equality.

Your example of the nervous little old lady verses the rape screaming little old lady is meaningless. The nervous little old lady does nothing to hurt or discriminate again the man she sees in anyway he or anyone else can perceive. The rape screaming little old lady does.

A better example would be if the nervous little old lady were to change course and say to another person walking by 'careful, there's a black man down there' - are you saying we should say 'oh, OK then, thanks for the "warning"', roll our eyes and walk on, or should we say 'what are you talking about? what difference does his colour make?' I don't know what you would say but I would challenge the racism. Not because I think I can change her perception, but because we HAVE to challenge these things if we ever want them fully eradicated.

It may take another 8000 years to eradicate these bigotries, it may be impossible altogether but I can't believe that turning a blind eye to it is a better option than protesting the bigotry.

You have my complete agreement on that Manly. To me the source of the prejudice is irrelevant. As is the character of it. In my view their is no such thing as harmless prejudice, be it culturally ingrained over thousands of years or novel and/or idiosyncratic.