Sexless marriage

Dollydud

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...All jokes and snarky comments aside:

Ockham's Razor, "the simplest explanation is usually the correct one."

You'd be surprised how deep our fundamental instinctive needs are attached too survival. Women need a safe place to raise kids and nurture the family unit. Just knowing they are provided for and given this protection and safe space is essential. For example:Before giving birth women "nest" at home. This maternal instinct is always there. women need to feel it's okay for them to be women. Cards and flowers won't suffice.

Just like men NEED to feel it's okay for them to be men . Which is exactly what we are discussing... the need for SEX is a male/ masculine instinctive. And Just how crucial it is to have needs met and if not it can disrupt a marriage/relationship dynamic .

Not to mention the unpleasant experience one goes through personally when their basic fundamentals needs are not met.
It takes a toll.

I think questioning her libido, & figuring out what turns her on and makes her "wet" is for sure biased and looking at a situation from a male perspective.

I understand it's like when women try to identify the issues but can't because really it's pretty complex. Like you married as a partner and are being treated as such, but essentially marriages / parenting/ & being in a long term relationship with one person takes hard work . Even with identified planned roles and responsibilities. Asking someone not to change for 5,10,20 years is asking A LOT.... it's the foundation and agreed upon stuff that hold it all together. One would think.
And just like you can't expect a males to label security as anything but being a good digger, you can't expect some females to understand the dynamic of what sex means to a man and his innate emotional need that's associated with it.

Anyways ... if you really want to discuss I'm open to ideas and also I'm not saying I'm certain. But I do see a trend and it's : relevant info is biased or omitted . Skimming over or briefly noting work and financial situations and children is also deliberate. So whatever I'll omit the details too and cut to the chase, the only way to salvage the relationships is to change it & make it better.

My advice, men make more money, let her feel secure and provided for : loved& safe . .
Women will appreciate a man when the dynamic is right, his needs (all of them) will too be met.

We're talking about sexless marriages.. not gold diggers . That's an entirely different subject. Duh

Does your wife work? If so, why?

If not

-Do you work ? How's your financial situation? Do you provide and is she happy with the lifestyle life you've provided?

Sounds like there issues & usually the simplest explanation is the correct one.
Are you meeting her needs and fulfilling your role has a husband?
If so how well.
Start there . If your fulfilling her needs and she's not meeting yours or fulfilling her role/ taking you for granted: therapist asap.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
Ps: let's be honest & sincere peeps ... if my behavior is curious what is yours? Lol. Project much ladies?

I keep it honest... If you didn't already notice.

It is indeed curious for someone to find 2 particularly similar and at this point irrelevant threads and bump them both back to back. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. Just mentioned that I found it interesting, because it's not typical behavior. Even for a newer member.

Anyway, my last thoughts are that I disagree that making more money will lead to more sex. For some people, maybe. If the op is still reading this thread maybe it would even work in their relationship. I can only speak for myself when i say that the amount of money he makes had nothing to do with how much I want sex from him. I actually make more than he does right now, and we're having more sex than ever. So, in conclusion... Shit's complicated. :cool:

Dollydud

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hate to burst your bubble but my reason for commenting on this topic isn't really that interesting. I just saw there are many comments about partnerships, roles and wife's needing to work, among other things.

So I just thought I'd mention what seems to be the obvious most simple possibility & is if the husband provides Extra support and meets a wife's needs, she'll be more capable of reciprocal actions.

Like not many are saying they aren't in the mood. I'm not sure its necessarily a female libido issue.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Gregie and eights, thanks for giving viewpoints, but you might want to check the forum title.
I've been dinged for posting in the transgendered forum, as I don't qualify.

Ask a xxx is limited to the described group answering.

Since no one can read....

Reactions: Tight_N_Juicy

Dollydud

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yeah, the problem is that for men, sex is on each of the five levels of the pyramid. For women, it kicks in a level three or so. :)

Um It's nots gender specific . Also Maslow's hierarchy places sex in the physiological needs category (1st tier) along with food and breathing; sex is placed with other physiological needs which must be satisfied before a person considers "higher" levels of motivation. placement of sex neglects the emotional, familial, and evolutionary implications of sex within the community, although others point out that this is true of all of the basic needs.

Case in point : are her basic needs being met ? If you don't have food, water, shelter secured each month your probably not going Having or in the mood for sex. Which a very basic . Thus why I ask if these women and men secure In that they are provided for and supported . And yes people to buy stuff and have shelter you need to have some money.

Lacking basic need (sex) may correlate with lacking other basic needs .

Which is why the simplest and first question these sexless marriages should first ask themselves the question, "are the first couple basic needs secure?"

It's just a starting point foundational question.

I'm a big fan of deductive reasoning. Why not work your way through the dynamic and situation and figure out what NOT an issue and work your way into what maybe a contributing factor.

Dollydud

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I keep it honest... If you didn't already notice.

It is indeed curious for someone to find 2 particularly similar and at this point irrelevant threads and bump them both back to back. I didn't say there was anything wrong with it. Just mentioned that I found it interesting, because it's not typical behavior. Even for a newer member.

Anyway, my last thoughts are that I disagree that making more money will lead to more sex. For some people, maybe. If the op is still reading this thread maybe it would even work in their relationship. I can only speak for myself when i say that the amount of money he makes had nothing to do with how much I want sex from him. I actually make more than he does right now, and we're having more sex than ever. So, in conclusion... Shit's complicated. :cool:

It's interesting how so many people can't look at this sort of issue without making it about themselves.

Its not quantum physics...not everyone would say it's "Complicated."
... Or, are you saying it's impossible for you to understand this topic?

D

deleted924715

No, she is pointing out that your sweeping generalisation does not apply to her. You're the one who doesn't understand.

I have a profession so financial security is not what I expect or seek from a man. I don't associate masculinity with money at all and I'm very in touch with my lizard brain, thanks - I know what she wants. You don't speak for me either.

I agree than we all have basic needs that were programmed over thousands of years. I don't look at it through the lens of marriage alone, I think there is a holistic truth to it. It's one of the reasons I follow a paleo diet. But your extrapolation falls flat for me too.

D

deleted924715

I preface a lot of my posts in AaW with "I agree with the ladies above". I must have been saving it all up for one big fat disagree :)

Reactions: 950483

Dollydud

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No, she is pointing out that your sweeping generalisation does not apply to her. You're the one who doesn't understand.

I have a profession so financial security is not what I expect or seek from a man. I don't associate masculinity with money at all and I'm very in touch with my lizard brain, thanks - I know what she wants. You don't speak for me either.

I agree than we all have basic needs that were programmed over thousands of years. I don't look at it through the lens of marriage alone, I think there is a holistic truth to it. It's one of the reasons I follow a paleo diet. But your extrapolation falls flat for me too.
Sigh. We aren't discussing you . The topic is selfless marriage. I'm simply asking and noting that in *some cases, when people are having difficulty identifying where the disconnect is occurring. It's a lot easier to start a convo with a wife about her work life balance and other topics such like how they feel overall instead of making a potentially painful assumption or place blame. Like it's a non-shaming way to discuss everyone's needs. Starting that the basic ones and working your way up. And yes ... 1st teir needs are food water shelter sex oxygen... etc etc. it's aligning yourself with your marriage and situation. You have to start somewhere . Do you honestly understand or no?

Dollydud

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

You haven't addressed the topic sexless marriage, unless you consider going off on a tangent about your personal situation "addressing" a point.

Dollydud

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
You haven't addressed the topic sexless marriage, unless you consider going off on a tangent about your personal situation "addressing" a point.

...And did you seriously just tell me what diet your on? >< lol haha ok can we all agree that this thread has been ridiculous?
Pleaseeeeee?!

I'm not discussing what you think I am and this isnt about what your thinking & not I'm saying or speaking for anyone else and honestly I'm barely focusing on what I've been writing back and forth with because I digressed/ understood at "gold digger" what this convo would likely turn into. Yeah I get it I'm good at what I do. I made you curious and yeah my comments are very interesting... I got you all to go from gold digger to acknowledging that getting your basic fundamental needs met Both in life and in a relationship is a necessity ;)

...and although you did talk about your paotee diet ...>< I'm considering this a success because you did mange to back up & reference something semi on topic relative to basic needs : primal lizards brain. Of you backed up my argument..(thx for that;)

However yes I'm good, really good . We covered more on this topic then most probably do & in depth. We went from talking about gold digging and some other weird insider jokes In The am to primal basics needs & innate reactions by the Pm!

I consider this a success.

However I've not learned anything new . Lol and I can't repeat myself nor continue to keep this on track. So I digress.

Hopefully someone sometime will read this thread and get something out of it.

Fingers crossed.

;D