Sexual abuse..how frequent?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by lookingforhung, Jul 2, 2009.

1. lookingforhung

lookingforhung New Member

Albums:
    I don't know if its just happened to my family or the people that I know..but I grew up in a small east euro town...and it seemed quiet a few inappropriate things happened to quiet a few people around me.

Personally, I was asked by two older cousins on seperate occasions to touch them in their private parts.

My brother said that a family friend asked him the same.

I know another friend when he was only 9..he was asked to have sex and play around with another girl that age..and this was brought on by older teenagers getting them into it..trying to make them have sex.(ie get them together, make them do stuff, etc)

So, is some form of sexual abuse fairly common or do i just come from a f'ed up area?

#1 lookingforhung, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  2. lookingforhung

lookingforhung New Member

Albums:
    sorry i meant to say "common", not frequent.

Sounds funny that way lol

3. ScorpioSlut

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Unfortunately it is more common than people want to admit to....though I don't have much experience with European statistics. I worked in a group home for children who were taken away from their parents and we had to be very careful. The older children who had been exposed to some sort of sexual abuse were always trying to instigate things amongst the younger children.....some of which had never been exposed to any previous sexual abuse.

I know of multiple cases amonst my friends and acquaintances and also a few from within my own family. However, like I said earlier it wouldn't seem this way looking only at reported statistics. Many cases of sexual abuse or attempted sexual abuse are never even reported....which in my opinion helps to perpetuate the problem.

Draft saved Draft deleted