Sexual = Bad?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Joseph, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    You know, I've been thinking about this whole thing... people seem to be awfully against people that do anything sexual like.... now this sounds weird and all, but allow me to explain.

Having Sex is ok... heck sometimes, some people will make fun of you because your a virgin! But what's with the untypical stuff? Like ehh...
    Uploading photos on pages like LPSG?
    Or even more... making sex videos and then showing off with them on xtube?
    It seems to me as if the sound of that would make some people think really bad about you. They'd think your a pervert or something. And I say that from my own experience, I used to judge some people for doing unusual stuff like that. It took me some time to find out people like that are all right and that I shouldn't judge people by things like that.

But why am I writing a thread like this? Cause I'm really wondering, some people here just show their faces, all things without any fear, while others (like me) hide completely, Im one of the mightier ones by showing some photos of me, but I still fear showing my face...

I know it's not like this thread will change this situation, but I just thought about discussing this...

Let's think about the great people of history, would you suddenly think bad of them when you heard they had gay sex (I cant recall any famous gay people from the past... at least not a single one to openly admit it)?
    Or how about a famous painter like Leonardo Da Vinci... if he did from time to time paint a painting of some thing very naughty and perverted... would that mean that he is no great painter?

I was thinking about it and really have to say that it stinks! :mad:

2. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    read up on queen victoria and edward

she was the queen of this madness.
    the crazy thing about the whole "sexual=bad" thing is
    all in all the most prudish are usually the most freaky deep down. ;)

3. optimum

optimum New Member

Albums:
    There's nothing wrong with being sexual, but people mistake high sexual energy for infidelity. Most people just base everything in their lives off of attraction to other humans. This usually causes emotional pain for some people involved in the situation. I think people can and should be highly sexually liberated, but not at the expense of ripping someone's soul apart. If you can be monogamous with one person that you are sharing sexual feelings with, I say that would lead to more meaningful and exciting sexual adventures than just going out and banging every "hot" person you see.

4. D_Myer_Dogasflees

D_Myer_Dogasflees New Member

Sex is the most beautiful thing. It must be kept private, or amongst people who have the same likes ONLY. I think that sex is so beautiful that people are afraid of it, people think that good things are often bad, because they give so much pleasure, something that is ridiculed by most religions and cultures. Ever look into an attractive person's face, it's mind numbing, you can't even speak, imagining their genitals would set you into absolute euphoria, people are shy of things like this in public. it's like something very spicy, you like the spice, but it is so darn strong that it's hard to handle all at once. oh and the fear of public errections, the fear of people knowing what you are thinking, and how it contradicts with the 'norm'

m2c

#4 D_Myer_Dogasflees, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  5. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nah...disagree with ya.

I think that sex is one of the most amazing things we've been gifted with as humans. We get given this great amusement park that we can either ride the rides alone...or invite 1, 2, 3, etc people to join us.

It's not the numbers of sexual partners that is the problem either. If you wanna fuck consensually everything that moves, then go for it! Accept responsibility for any consequences, as well as the pleasure. If you get off on monogamy, then that is your 'bag'. But don't say that sex with just one person is the only way to have 'meaningful and exciting sexual adventures'. I SO beg to differ.

See...different strokes for different folks.:biggrin1:

6. optimum

optimum New Member

Albums:
    You say that, but wait until the day you're about to die, and you'll have to look back on your life and decide whether the pleasures you indulged in were for the right reasons or not.

I can fuck the living hell out of my girlfriend all day long, but what makes it special is that we care about each other.

If you want to "fuck everything that moves," then, like you just reiterated, you'll have to deal with the consequences. Why do people have sex? Same as drugs, they want that one second of fleeting pleasure. But that's also the difference between a heroin addict and a dude that smokes weed every couple of days. Too much of anything becomes meaningless and denotes bad character.

I'm not saying you should be with one person only in your entire life, but having sex with as many people as possible completely misrepresents the biological aspect of it. Condoms only exist because we invented them. Doesn't mean that we should blow our load everywhere possible. Sex doesn't proceed love. More humans should learn that.

7. voyeuristic

voyeuristic New Member

Albums:
    optimum - plenty of us understand that there's a huge difference between amazing sex and love. If you've found both with the same person, awesome, but what's with this "wrong reason" business? Isn't pleasure a damn good reason to pursue something? You can say that your feelings for your girlfriend make the sex better, and that may be true, but when you're shooting your load inside of her or on her face, you're probably not thinking about the spiritual communion you two share (well, I guess I can only speak for myself here; I wouldn't be) - you're getting off.

I do hope that when I look back on my life it's filled with lots of love, but I also hope that I've fulfilled some of my sexual fantasies - and most of them don't involve looking into someone's eyes. Many of them are group sex scenarios that necessarily involve people I am decidedly not in love with. In your eyes, pursuing things like that just because they get me wet would be an absolute waste. It doesn't have to be one or the other, though - either you have a life filled with filthy cheap pleasures or you have one with love. Some (very skilled, lucky) folks have found that they're able to achieve both.

8. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    First off, I can honestly say I actually have the life experience, intelligence, and maturity to know when sex is an addiction and when it's a natural extension of my normal interest in other like-minded people. I do NOT believe that we have sex only for that 'fleeting moment', as if our lives suck so bad that sex is our only fun. I have a lot of great outlets...and sex is one of the best.

I also know that people have sex for heaps of reasons, not all of them with their 'soul mates'. But that does NOT mean that those reasons are on the low side of some priority list. Even in the animal kingdom, sex amongst the social groups is not always with one mate but in fact used just as importantly to bond with other members. And that includes hetero and homosexual sex (ex look up sex in a wolf pack).

I'm honestly not clear on your condom comment...so I'll let you explain that a bit more.

I think I understand where you are coming from regarding sex with your current partner. I have been in a relationship for over 16 years and sex for us has always been a great and special experience.

Email me in another 30 years, buddy...reread what you've just written and tell me how you feel then. :smile:

9. LongandBigSub

LongandBigSub New Member

What I think you are saying is akin to saying the world is flat. We do not live on a round planet, and ships would fall off the Earth if they reached the end, since the planet just ends, and does not continue like a round planet. Since everyone might think this is true (and over many centuries ago people actually did) then you have to agree with what everyone says.

So if everyone thinks famous people, or people who live historical lives where they did good things, ie Leonardo Da Vinci, but had gay sex, and even enjoyed it, then he must have been a pervert, so we must discredit what his life acheived because of this perversion. Since many people might think this is true (and over a decade ago people did) then you have to agree with what everyone says.

Then of course, there also could be someone, who said fuck this bullshit, and I'm going to sail the planet and prove your theories as fucking stupid, and that you all have it wrong.

And centuries later, another man might follow the same attitude, and say fuck this bullshit, I'm going to have gay sex, without thinking I am a pervert, and prove these theories that I can't make something out of myself as stupid, and prove that all these historical facts that tell otherwise, as wrong.

So who has to agree with everyone that sex is bad?

#9 LongandBigSub, Dec 6, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2008
  10. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge

Fixed that for you.

11. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

Wow Sub, nice input, thanks
    "FUCK IT" yeah!

12. Leche por mi cafe

Leche por mi cafe New Member

Albums:
    Forgive me if I'm bouncing all over the chart today. But it really chaps my ass when I hear of people putting other people down because of their differences. What is the deal here? ...and come on Optimum, you obviously have some "freaky" in you or you wouldn't be posting on this website. We all have an appetite for sex: it's in our nature. Our appetite may also be more than that of yourself, but that doesn't make it wrong. Besides (please don't take this wrong) you're only 21 years old. You couldn't have possibly experienced enough in your life to make harsh judgements of others.
    I've have been blessed to have the opportunity to have both monogamous and open relationships. I've found both to be educational AND I loved both partners very much. They both brought something different to my life. My last relationship was an open relationship. I found that to be very satisfying. We had an amazing trusting and open communications ability. We were both able to enjoy sex with others, both together or on our own, and still come home and make passionate love to each other. There were times that I had opportunities to have sex with someone while my partner was watching. It was a very safe and trusting environment: this open relationship. It was so much better than to be hiding any so called wrong doings...so much drama. But you have to be emotionally mature enough to handle this type of relationship. You have to really be able to communicate openly and learnd ot not be a jealous freak. Sadly, due to our humanities past, sex has had a bad wrap. Our past used sex as one of the tools to control the masses! In my eyes, sex is a gift. (If you want to go there) a God giving gift. A gift that we can unwrap at different levels. If your level is staying momogamous with your girlfriend...well fucking fantastic! That works for you. But if my unwrapping come in the form of an open relationship, then I shouldn't hear any smack from anyone. Like with everything else in life, you educate yourself. Learn what it means. Hell, experience it. If then, it doesn't work for you...don't go back. But don't put anyone down, because they or I, are willing to go there.

13. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    Excellently stated!

14. Joseph

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    true, wisely spoken

15. psidom

Gold Member