Sexual ignorance

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by Ethyl, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I was talking with No_Strings and he said something I thought was quite profound:

"Two things about lpsg: 1) I hate the truly sexually ignorant which, unfortunately, is a mighty high percentage of people IRL, and 2) it makes me appreciate what we have, in and out of the boudoir, so much more. When people link to all these 'documentaries' I just get pissed off. Annoyed at the shit people believe, and the shit others try to persuade people into believing"

So do you find yourself cherishing what you have with your SO more after reading through some of the garbage posted here?

2. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Yes....

but :lmao: @ 'boudoir'

:redface: Sorry.

But I do have to add that a lot of people are very honest and, even if what they are posting about is outside my experience, or even my comfort zone, I really appreciate those posts because reading about real feelings (physical and emotional) often helps me find perspective.

3. invisibleman

Gold Member

"Sexual ignorance is not Mercurialbliss."--Invisibleman. :rolleyes:

Sexual ignorance is that. You can get all kinds of flawed information these days from parents, the people we know.

I think that sexual ignorance can be remedied by actually knowing that you don't know things about sex. Then, seeking for the logical gaps of knowledge and finding the truths out.

I find that people do have different ideas on sexual ignorance. Like abstract ideals of love, life and the pursuit of happiness. Everyone has opinions on what is love, what is living, and what happiness means to them.

So when you have ideals of sexual ignorance, make sure that you and your partners can agree on what each other's sexual ignorances are. Some will not find that their sexual ignorance is nothing but the truth. :rolleyes:

4. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree. I've learned a lot from various posters on this site and some posts have made me go "wow...that's amazing". But N_S likened it to Cassandra in greek mythology. Cursed with knowledge she cannot impart because no one will believe her. Prophecy can be such a bitch.:tongue:

5. alex8.5

Gold Member

Albums:
    I could not image life without my B/F. He just makes my world better.

6. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    I feel i should be apologiesing for my sexual ignorance, sorry everyone. :-(

7. novice_btm

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, from the other side, from the "good" posts that I read, I realize how much I miss having a significant other that I really cared about. :redface:

8. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's not exactly ignorance, but moving towards one another.

I've read a number of things here, and I try to impart some sort of take from my own experience and see what others think. Sometimes I do it right, other times there is dismissal. But I recently haven't seen anything so wrong it made me gasp. On an AOL board there were postings about "diapers", vacuum cleaner love, and one ernest attempt to promote zoophilia (misspelled as "bestility"), and one misguided attempt to promote NAMBALA, all which raised hell from the regular posters.

Not so much ignorance sometimes as a "preference" very few others can deal with or share experiences with.

9. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    True dat. But I think he was talking about things more obvious. Like the videos and documentaries. There are different levels of ignorance and there is a difference between "I didn't know that women can dilate to this size" to "is this a real 18" penis?". :rolleyes::tongue:I'm all about dispelling sexual myths between partners but I think there are degrees of ignorance just like anything else

10. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    You'll find one. You're too cute and smart to go without for long. :kiss:

11. D_Prudence_Admonition_Drightits

ZOS23xy -I would like to add you have some of the best posts to read here.
    Very thought provoking, never condescending. It is very much appreciated and I am sure those who are here to be enlightened appreciate your (and Mr. Snakey included) posts.

12. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

I'm not sure what you are asking, and what N_S means by "truly sexually ignorant," although I have to agree about the high percentage.

You've met my SO, so you know what I've got here. Yes, there are staggering numbers of people who are ignorant of the anatomy, physiology, psychology, neurology, and sociology of human sexuality. When I met Tawse, I was pretty well informed on all of those except the psychology (and somewhat, the neurology), but he has definitely helped me fill in some of the gaps.

And yes, I most definitely cherish what he and I have together. But you knew that already.

13. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wasn't referring to those who insist on being persnickety about the smallest detail or spelling nazis but more about what people choose to believe, some things that could potentially be harmful even. I probably didn't make that clear in my post. Wouldn't be the first time.
    Again, I was referring more the distinction between truth and fiction, not fantasy, which is something else entirely

14. B_Demention

B_Demention New Member

The amount of urban-legend type stuff that goes on here is staggering. I find it really hard to believe that a lot of the people posting on this forum are of legal age. I'm constantly thinking "how can you not know this?" Some of the questions here would've been reasonable a hundred years ago, but with the wealth of information that everyone has access to on a daily basis these days, it's baffling that people still don't seem to know their head from their ass.

It's also emotional immaturity though. Some guy will post "my neighbor has me beat by a quarter inch - will my wife leave me?" It's like how can you be so inept? It's obvious that your years of togetherness and everything you've built up with that person are not going to be jeopardized by something so trivial.

Since I'm not in a good place with my SO, I will just say that I'm grateful to be a fairly well-rounded person. But being in the know is always beneficial in any relationship and will be in any future ones I'm in. At least I'll know that her height has nothing to do with her vaginal capacity. :biggrin1:

15. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    For someone who has a shoe fetish, that is his truth.

And if you are talking about stuff like sexual folklore where, "If you jump up and down after intercourse, you will not get pregnant." "AIDS won't happen to me, I live in a rural area." or A big man has big feet." ...and like that?

16. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, I think I shall ask him to explain since I obviously did such a piss-poor job myself. :tongue: I could be yet another example of ignorance due to lack of succinct comparisons and definitions. Irony, anyone? I've plenty to go around.

N_S! Help! SOS! ...---...
    :biggrin1:
    Yes, and I didnt want to imply that all people in relationships have a leg up on sexual education because that's not always true. Same can be said for age and number of previous partners. Older and/or more partners does not necessarily equal proper education or experience.
    Indeed I do. :smile:

17. novice_btm

Albums:
    I dunno, I mean, I have a pretty good record of remaining single so far, and besides, you two are already taken, so the pool is just that much smaller. :kiss:

18. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I concur. I don't fully grasp the BDSM lifestyle but I know it's a reality for many. I know a guy who has a long red nail fetish. Don't get it but I know it's not necessary that I do.
    Good examples to list. Some of them are harmless (Big man=big feet). Some aren't (AIDS doesn't exist in rural areas).

19. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    Nah. It's a big ocean out there. Lots of different fish from which to choose. Besides, isn't time we swam over your way? :biggrin1:

20. novice_btm

Albums:
    Promises, promises. :tongue:

:yumyum::love::yumyum:

and a little :nervous: too. :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted