Sexual Preference Percentages

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by arktrucker, Sep 17, 2005.

1. arktrucker

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hope some of you could clear this up for me.. I've been on here for a while just looking around and finally made the big jump to membership. I've been looking a profiles and although on mine I state 70-30, I was wondering about the guys on here that are 99% straight and 1% gay. What 1% is gay? Is it that you don't mind if a guy see's you or maybe goes as far as touching... or, is it a fantasy level?
    I was just wondering. Lots of good topics here. I'm enjoying it here alot.

Oh by the way I'm 8x5 uncut but not much skin :(

2. dcwrestlefan

Gold Member

99/1 = "I think about a guy for a few secs once a month while JOing, but have never done it". ;)

3. GottaBigOne

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't think anyone can be 100 percent anything, except I guess 100 percent human. So in order not to lie, I include the 1 percent.

4. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

The one-percent crowd seems to be going out of its way to show it's not homophobic.

5. GottaBigOne

Gold Member

Albums:
    That could be part of it.

6. Geekyraccoon

Geekyraccoon New Member

For my part, it's mostly admitting that anything is possible. I had one girlfriend in High School, and it was a completely asexual relationship. Since then, just men. While I don't go looking for female relationships, and haven't had any real thoughts about dating women since then, I'm not completely closed to the possibility.

I probably wouldn't expect people who claim 1% gay to be terribly homophobic, but I don't expect 100% straight people to be either.

Honestly, I think it's Johnny Depp's fault. Almost everyone'd go for him. :loveya:

7. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    I can also answer from "the 1% straight side" of things.

I've had fleeting sexual thoughts of women I've found attractive, and I've even had a couple of dreams that I was having sex with Kylie Minogue. :spit: I think the dreams about Kylie were an interesting resulting of her being a gay icon as well as a very cute/sexy girl. :shrug: (Okay, she's not really a "girl" anymore, but you know what I mean...)

8. jay_too

jay_too New Member

arktrucker..

Good question. I have wondered this also.

Since there are 1440 minutes in a day, would this mean that for a 1% guy he would engage in gay sex for 15 minutes? or just think about it? OR could he save it up for a month and spend it in 4.5 hours of man on man? :shrug:

Somehow, I don't think my analysis is correct.

jay

9. KinkGuy

Gold Member

OR, these guys are just evolved enough to appreciate and maybe even fantasize just a bit, about beautiful men. EVEN 100% straight guys can enjoy another male's physical attributes and endowment. Doesn't necessarily mean they are going to fall to their knees and suck cock.

10. headbang8

Gold Member

Albums:
    ...sober.

11. KinkGuy

Gold Member

I keep my 20% because there are certain women in the world (you know who you are) who just make me wanna' (and a few have) climb over the fence and get to work!

12. madame_zora

Gold Member

*tears down fence*

13. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

Kink - you have a lovely way with words. ha/ha

14. BobLeeSwagger

Gold Member

I consider myself 100% straight because I've never had sex with a man and I'm not turned on by the idea. I've contemplated the idea before, even fleetingly wondered what it might be like, but wasn't turned on by it. I think that to have a split in your preference (however inexact that might be), I think you have to at least fantasize regularly about the less-preferred gender, if not act upon it. Obviously everyone has their own definition though.

15. Irvy

Irvy Member

Albums:
    Yeah, I think it's probably a different reason for every person. Some people might not want to do anything with a guy/girl, and have no desires to up until this point, but don't want to make a liar of themselves in the future by saying "never", so add on that 1%.

Remember, there is a difference between sexual preference and sexual orientation. My orientation has always been homosexual, but when I was younger, I fought against that, and tried to be straight. My active sexual behaviour was heterosexual, but I was not. The same is also true of many straight guys who mess about with guys. They're still straight, but make a choice to engage in pleasurable activity with other men. It doesn't make them gay or even bi, if they're still only properly attracted to women.

16. absinthium

absinthium New Member

Albums:
    I have a boyfriend, and at one time we'd discussed the idea of having a threesome (Which we've since abandoned... Proved to be too sticky of an idea to really pursue). I had said I'd like to be with two guys at once, and although he wasn't really into the idea, he said he would consider it if I really wanted to. He said he didn't think he could ever find a guy's body attractive in the same way he does with women. He still listed his orientation as "not sure" on myspace, because, to paraphrase what he said, he'd never been with a guy so he didn't know if he might like it if it was to ever happen.

Maybe that's what a lot of guys are allowing for... They're not really into the idea of being with another man, but they're also not ruling out the possibility that they might like it if they tried it.

And, of course, there is always Johnny Depp, who really is hot no matter how you slice it.

17. Matthew

Gold Member

I don't want to speak for the 99% straight guys, but it seems like several of them have explained that they are into women, maybe not interested in doing anything with guys, but are somewhat into dicks ...

I think that qualifies as at least 1% gay.

Draft saved Draft deleted