sexual racism

im8cut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
attraction in humans is based on qualities that our specific culture finds desirable.

where do you draw the line when it comes to sexual attraction? even my most open minded friends find it hard to admit they think "black girls are nasty" or "aint no way i'm fucking an indian"

1) NO BLACKS, NO MEXICANS, SORRY, NOT RACIST JUST A PREFERENCE (alternate: NO WHITES, NO ARABS, DON'T MESSAGE ME, I'M NOT INTO YOU)

2) i'm more into white guys or latinos

am i crazy for thinking option number one is racist?

what does sexual racism mean to you?

AngelComa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I don't believe its any different than prefering men or women. Its just a preference. Maybe some people really just don't find black women attractive. Maybe some people just aren't in to white people...so what? Maybe i'm not into women at all and that doesn't make me sexist does it?

GypsyEyes

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think that it's so much sexual racism as racism period. If you can honestly say "I think black girls are nasty" then you're probably racist and just in the closet about it. It's even not about being PC the idea in and of itself is racist- that one whole race of people are nasty is ridiculous and unfounded and therefore racist because it's based on ignorance. All that said, I'm not particularly attracted to black men, there are exceptions but that's just the way it goes most times. I don't know why, I feel that way and it's not that I can pinpoint specific features of men of other races that black men don't have or vice versa, I'm just on the whole not turned on by black guys....

A

AM_092

I guess it's a matter of saying in the best way possible!

"NO ASIANS PLEASE" is probably a bad way to say, "I am only attracted to Caucasian and Hispanic men".

As a decent looking Asian guy, I am disheartened when I keep reading profiles where guys just say: "NO ASIANS". Regardless of ethnicity, I think I'm a cute guy who has a lot to offer :)

AngelComa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

"NO ASIANS PLEASE" is probably a bad way to say, "I am only attracted to Caucasian and Hispanic men".

As a decent looking Asian guy, I am disheartened when I keep reading profiles where guys just say: "NO ASIANS". Regardless of ethnicity, I think I'm a cute guy who has a lot to offer :)

Why should anyone worry about your feelings? Don't be disheartened if you know you're attractive (which you are :)) because it doesn't have to be anything personal. You make it that way, not the person who posted "NO ASIANS PLEASE"

LookingCurious

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
How about this: "I'm not racist, but my d*ck is."

Yes...I have seen it on many craigslist ads and personals profiles.

Now, I have no problem with people having personal preferences...but when you say stuff like that I can't help but to think you're an immature, idiot douche bag.

As I stated previously, while I personally don't see how someone can limit themselves to one race or ethnicity when looking for a potential friend or partner, I do realize that for some people its a reality. I certainly don't fault them for it or think it makes them closed-minded (necessarily). However, I think a lot of the time its more an issue of how there preference is conveyed, not necessarily the preference itself.

B_Noctem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Don't worry at all, my dear.
You are indeed a very attractive man and I'd date you in a heartbeat. If people judge you on the way you look or because of your origins or the color of your skin or your race, tell them to fuck off. They're just not worth your time and energy. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all.

One man's poison is another man's treasure. :wink:

A

AM_092

Why should anyone worry about your feelings? Don't be disheartened if you know you're attractive (which you are :)) because it doesn't have to be anything personal. You make it that way, not the person who posted "NO ASIANS PLEASE"

Coming from a minority, sometimes it's hard not to take things personal... I think guys from any background can be attractive, which I think is very very true.

Thanks for the kind words, Noctem_Eros :) You've got some really nice pics!

AngelComa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Coming from a minority, sometimes it's hard not to take things personal... I think guys from any background can be attractive, which I think is very very true.

Thanks for the kind words, Noctem_Eros :) You've got some really nice pics!

I don't see any relationship between being a minority and taking things personally. I think it sounds like a personal problem.

im8cut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't see any relationship between being a minority and taking things personally. I think it sounds like a personal problem.

Hate to say it, but you can't know the minority life unless you are in it, just as I can't perceive the majority life for all that it is.

I'll go with you and say it is a personal problem because I take racism PERSONALy.

Last edited:

AngelComa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Hate to say it, but you can't know the minority life unless you are in it, just as I can't perceive the majority life for all that it is.

I'll go with you and say it is a personal problem because I take racism personally.

I percieve that as a weakness. You are obviously insecure about your race. Otherwise, minority or majority would be of no consequence.

A

AM_092

Are you from a minority, non-Caucasian background? Personal or not, it is linked to the colour of our skin, since we are talking about "sexual racism". Being part of a racial minority means that I have grown up in a society where everything from advertising to the media is targeted to Anglo-Australians (who make up the largest racial group at around 37%). The majority of people appearing on TV is white... Minority groups feel excluded and not represented as a significant part in the larger society.

As a person of Asian background, I do sometimes take things personally when it comes to my ancestry. Yes, I am Australian and I am proud to be an Australian, but the Vietnamese culture and the traditions that my parents instilled in me, do make up a significant part of who I am - along with my Australian nationality.

Only those from a minority racial background can understand all the little things that all contribute to the possible perception of "NO _____ PLEASE" as being disheartening.

I feel that it is personal, as being Vietnamese is part of who I am. We do perceive things different based on our culture, our ethnicity and our socio-ecomomic circumstances.

im8cut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I percieve that as a weakness. You are obviously insecure about your race. Otherwise, minority or majority would be of no consequence.

1)Your perception is irrelevant overall, but especially when I am explaining an experience.

2) Thank you for telling me what I am thinking/feeling. I never knew I was insecure about my race.

3) I wish minority/majority/racism/judgment didn't exist. I surround myself around other enlightened people who create this bubble of suspended reality for ourselves. In this reality race is a trivial non-issue being propogated in the ignorant reality outside of our bubble.

4) The point of this thread was to contribute to the conversation by discussing these two questions.

You failed to contribute.

AngelComa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Are you from a minority, non-Caucasian background? Personal or not, it is linked to the colour of our skin, since we are talking about "sexual racism". Being part of a racial minority means that I have grown up in a society where everything from advertising to the media is targeted to Anglo-Australians (who make up the largest racial group at around 37%). The majority of people appearing on TV is white... Minority groups feel excluded and not represented as a significant part in the larger society.

As a person of Asian background, I do sometimes take things personally when it comes to my ancestry. Yes, I am Australian and I am proud to be an Australian, but the Vietnamese culture and the traditions that my parents instilled in me, do make up a significant part of who I am - along with my Australian nationality.

Only those from a minority racial background can understand all the little things that all contribute to the possible perception of "NO _____ PLEASE" as being disheartening.

I feel that it is personal, as being Vietnamese is part of who I am. We do perceive things different based on our culture, our ethnicity and our socio-ecomomic circumstances.

I think the tragedy in all of this is that you really believe what you are saying. Just remember, you make the world this way. This is a decesion you are making.

AngelComa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
1)Your perception is irrelevant overall, but especially when I am explaining an experience.

2) Thank you for telling me what I am thinking/feeling. I never knew I was insecure about my race.

3) I wish minority/majority/racism/judgment didn't exist. I surround myself around other enlightened people who create this bubble of suspended reality for ourselves. In this reality race is a trivial non-issue being propogated in the ignorant reality outside of our bubble.

4) The point of this thread was to contribute to the conversation by discussing these two questions.

You failed to contribute.

I have no idea how to respond to this.

A

AM_092

I think the tragedy in all of this is that you really believe what you are saying. Just remember, you make the world this way. This is a decesion you are making.

Well, at least I responded to what you said... And now I think you're not from a racial minority :) I think it's a positive thing that we're discussing something like this.

im8cut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay

We make a decision to react to the world around us with the promotion of enlightenment. Put yourself in someone else's shoes. As a bi-sexual you should not SUFFER from the discrimination, taunting, and by bigots and the ignorant.

As a part of a minority you must be aware that this type of behavior occurs if not to you, then someone you know. It comes down to equality, which is what should prevail over any other idea.

Sexual racism itches at my skin in a special way it's a phenomenon that seemingly tolerant people adopt and believe to be okay. Racism in any form is unacceptable, period. This kind of thinking is hard-wired into us as humans; wanting to choose an optimal mate for optimal offspring. Tying racism with this idea is just another facet to the problem, overall. What I'm trying to say is people with this kind of discrimination (not all, surely) have a kind of deep bred and probably unrecognized racism that they deem acceptable because apparently when it comes to dick, anything goes. You can not deny that racism can take many forms.

But, I believe that as humans we have the ability to transcend these basic human instincts. As humans we have the ability to move past all this racism bullshit.

AngelComa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Well, at least I responded to what you said... And now I think you're not from a racial minority :) I think it's a positive thing that we're discussing something like this.

Don't assume. While my asseratations that you are rather misguided may be disagreeable, it tells you precious little about my race. I am speaking to you as an individual. I represent nothing and no one but myself.

And yes, all lighthearted forum banter aside, I love threads like this. Its a great oppurtunity to start powerful dialogues. And I wasn't lying when I said you were attractive so I do hope you don't take any of this too personally :p

AngelComa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
We make a decision to react to the world around us with the promotion of enlightenment. Put yourself in someone else's shoes. As a bi-sexual you should not SUFFER from the discrimination, taunting, and by bigots and the ignorant.

As a part of a minority you must be aware that this type of behavior occurs if not to you, then someone you know. It comes down to equality, which is what should prevail over any other idea.

Sexual racism itches at my skin in a special way it's a phenomenon that seemingly tolerant people adopt and believe to be okay. Racism in any form is unacceptable, period. This kind of thinking is hard-wired into us as humans; wanting to choose an optimal mate for optimal offspring. Tying racism with this idea is just another facet to the problem, overall. What I'm trying to say is people with this kind of discrimination (not all, surely) have a kind of deep bred and probably unrecognized racism that they deem acceptable because apparently when it comes to dick, anything goes. You can not deny that racism can take many forms.

But, I believe that as humans we have the ability to transcend these basic human instincts. As humans we have the ability to move past all this racism bullshit.

I'm sorry, but I did not understand a word of this.