sexual racism

im8cut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Don't assume. While my asseratations that you are rather misguided may be disagreeable, it tells you precious little about my race. I am speaking to you as an individual. I represent nothing and no one but myself.

And yes, all lighthearted forum banter aside, I love threads like this. Its a great oppurtunity to start powerful dialogues. And I wasn't lying when I said you were attractive so I do hope you don't take any of this too personally :p

LOL yea this shit real deep real fast. I usually don't give a fuck about anything, but I do about this.

A

AM_092

I'm already over this discussion :)

As individuals, we perceive things differently. And I guess that goes with sexual attraction too.

Think about the reason why we all felt the need to reply to one another's posts...

MrGoodDate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I am curious about all persons.... would like to sample women from all races.
Have played with black, American Indian, hispanic... they are all sweet and wonderful.

Harold81

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
AM_092, your statement was VERY well stated.

Are you from a minority, non-Caucasian background? Personal or not, it is linked to the colour of our skin, since we are talking about "sexual racism". Being part of a racial minority means that I have grown up in a society where everything from advertising to the media is targeted to Anglo-Australians (who make up the largest racial group at around 37%). The majority of people appearing on TV is white... Minority groups feel excluded and not represented as a significant part in the larger society.

As a person of Asian background, I do sometimes take things personally when it comes to my ancestry. Yes, I am Australian and I am proud to be an Australian, but the Vietnamese culture and the traditions that my parents instilled in me, do make up a significant part of who I am - along with my Australian nationality.

Only those from a minority racial background can understand all the little things that all contribute to the possible perception of "NO _____ PLEASE" as being disheartening.

I feel that it is personal, as being Vietnamese is part of who I am. We do perceive things different based on our culture, our ethnicity and our socio-ecomomic circumstances.

wallyj84

Superior Member
Media
Are you from a minority, non-Caucasian background? Personal or not, it is linked to the colour of our skin, since we are talking about "sexual racism". Being part of a racial minority means that I have grown up in a society where everything from advertising to the media is targeted to Anglo-Australians (who make up the largest racial group at around 37%). The majority of people appearing on TV is white... Minority groups feel excluded and not represented as a significant part in the larger society.

As a person of Asian background, I do sometimes take things personally when it comes to my ancestry. Yes, I am Australian and I am proud to be an Australian, but the Vietnamese culture and the traditions that my parents instilled in me, do make up a significant part of who I am - along with my Australian nationality.

Only those from a minority racial background can understand all the little things that all contribute to the possible perception of "NO _____ PLEASE" as being disheartening.

I feel that it is personal, as being Vietnamese is part of who I am. We do perceive things different based on our culture, our ethnicity and our socio-ecomomic circumstances.

Very good post.

I differentiate racial preference from sexual preference because I believe racial preference is something that is learned after birth. In my experience, people are taught to look at some groups in a certain way and I think this kind of stereotyping goes a long way in determining what groups you will become attracted to.

luvmycock

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that there are ALL TYPES of racism still in the world and sexual is just one of the many. As for someone to post "NO________ Please" it offends me on a deep level. It is saying to me that you ONLY like 'Y' & 'Z' and DISLIKE/HATE 'X'. There is so much to say on a thread like this but I will say to be open minded and never judge a book by its cover. If you turn a whole group away you my be turning away your perfect mate.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
attraction in humans is based on qualities that our specific culture finds desirable.

where do you draw the line when it comes to sexual attraction? even my most open minded friends find it hard to admit they think "black girls are nasty" or "aint no way i'm fucking an indian"

1) NO BLACKS, NO MEXICANS, SORRY, NOT RACIST JUST A PREFERENCE (alternate: NO WHITES, NO ARABS, DON'T MESSAGE ME, I'M NOT INTO YOU)

2) i'm more into white guys or latinos

am i crazy for thinking option number one is racist?

what does sexual racism mean to you?

It's a bad idea to express any preference negatively, it reflects poorly on yourself. Apart from not offending some minorities, option 2 above is more likely to attract the whites or latinos you're interested in than option 1.

For example, if you're an althletic guy, are you more likely to respond to an ad that says "no fats, no fems" or one that says "I'm into fit masculine men"?

Same principle applies in other circumstances, such as job applications. A positive statement conveys a more confident personality than a negative one.

Cybearia

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For example, if you're an althletic guy, are you more likely to respond to an ad that says "no fats, no fems" or one that says "I'm into fit masculine men"?

I think the answer to that is "it depends on the kind of guy you are". Unfortunately not everyone out there is reasonable, rational and enlightened...the kind of person that posts the "no fats, no fems" ad may prefer to attract a like minded guy rather than someone a little more...what?..politically correct? Emotionally intelligent? I dunno.

I also think if you post a good profile picture, some guys will respond favourably even if they acompanying text says "I eat children and burn pensioners to keep me warm in winter". :rolleyes:

I agree with the previous posters who say the phrasing of ones preference can be more tactfully put, in order to be inclusive of what a person finds generally attractive, rather than exclusionary(is that a word? It is now...).

Generally speaking, I feel threads like this push at a locked door, but here I am replying with my two pennorth, and I guess it is important to have the issue taken out and aired regularly.

What a phenominally worthless contribution this was...still, its sunday morning and I had a spare few minutes in which to vent. Have a nice day guys, whatever race, sexuality, minority you are...(but not the ones who eat children or use pensioners for winter fuel, I think you are naughty):cool:

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have preferences for specific features, like brown eyes, rather than overall racial characteristics. The majority of those guys with those specific features (and who otherwise conform to my criteria) tends to be Latino by default, at least in the US.

When I lived in Europe, I found myself with a much larger pool of potential beaux and took full advantage of the opportunity :cool:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I have preferences for specific features, like brown eyes, rather than overall racial characteristics. The majority of those guys with those specific features (and who otherwise conform to my criteria) tends to be Latino by default, at least in the US.

When I lived in Europe, I found myself with a much larger pool of potential beaux and took full advantage of the opportunity :cool:
You would love the men of Khatmandu, Nepal. The men are stunning.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I'm the ultimate equal opportunities fuck. I love men of all races and ethnicities and have seen beautiful men in every part of the world I've ever been in. If you're hot and there's chemistry I'll fuck you.

I have to admit though that I have never actually had sex with an African or Afro-caribbean/African (north) American guy, it's just never happened, it's not a conscious decision or the result of not finding black guys hot.

I've fucked guys of mixed race from Latin America though, Brazil and Colombia etc.

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
attraction in humans is based on qualities that our specific culture finds desirable.

where do you draw the line when it comes to sexual attraction? even my most open minded friends find it hard to admit they think "black girls are nasty" or "aint no way i'm fucking an indian"

1) NO BLACKS, NO MEXICANS, SORRY, NOT RACIST JUST A PREFERENCE (alternate: NO WHITES, NO ARABS, DON'T MESSAGE ME, I'M NOT INTO YOU)

2) i'm more into white guys or latinos

am i crazy for thinking option number one is racist?

what does sexual racism mean to you?

Personally, I don't care about race, religion, or nationality as long as he has a chemistry with me. I don't think you are a racist.

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"NO BLACKS, NO MEXICANS, SORRY, NOT RACIST JUST A PREFERENCE (alternate: NO WHITES, NO ARABS, DON'T MESSAGE ME, I'M NOT INTO YOU)"

A remark like that does sound racist....OTOH, I can sympathise with people have preferences that seem to fall on racial lines. This is one of many reasons why I don't like online dating.

Looking for someone with long hair? You may assume that all black women have short hair and will therefore avoid that race in searching online.

Looking for someone who lives independently of their family? You may want to avoid Asians then. But if you met an indendepnt one in real life, you may be open to dating them.

Empathizer

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
AngelComa:

What's up with the Vinland Flag?

Just so you know, I'm a dues-paying Jewgirl and a proud member of the ADL. Please explain the "obscure and therefore 'coded' message of hate" to us before you open your mouth to do anything else. Please.

And don't insult my intelligence by saying "I'm just an O-Neg fan!!! :eek:"

Own up and take all your 1,488 pals with you or open up and start a real dialogue, but none of this childish passive-aggressive race-baiting. It only makes us ADL members itchier to sic Morris Dees on your asses.

Peace,

Your Worst Nightmare

And Paler than You Are, So HAH!

im8cut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
AngelComa:

What's up with the Vinland Flag?

Just so you know, I'm a dues-paying Jewgirl and a proud member of the ADL. Please explain the "obscure and therefore 'coded' message of hate" to us before you open your mouth to do anything else. Please.

And don't insult my intelligence by saying "I'm just an O-Neg fan!!! :eek:"

Own up and take all your 1,488 pals with you or open up and start a real dialogue, but none of this childish passive-aggressive race-baiting. It only makes us ADL members itchier to sic Morris Dees on your asses.

Peace,

Your Worst Nightmare

And Paler than You Are, So HAH!

Vinlanders are what Viking colonists where called in North America, greenland and Iceland during the 11th centry. the Vikings called the area Vinland because of it's many vines. Vinlanders can also mean modern Americans of nordic or anglo decent who feel akin To the Original norse collinist.Inaddtion,There is also a social club Known as the Vinlanders Social Club In north American It is probably the largest association of racially concious patriotic SkinHeads In north America

Urban Dictionary: vinland

Jillang

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
People are definitely sexual racists. I dated a guy outside of my race. We really liked each other but a lot of our friends had problems with it. Some made ignorant comments while we dated but after we broke up....I was really offended and surprised by some of the stupid questions and comments. I don't think anybody meant to be hurtful but it is. Some opinions shouldn't be shared.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
depends on why they hold that preference.
This.

If for no other reason than personal preference, then I think it's perfectly acceptable. Should overweight people feel offended when someone requests fit or in-shape people only; or alternatively, should slim people feel offended by chub chasers? Yada, yada, yada, people simply have preferences, and it shouldn't necessarily be something to be getting worked up about.

Besides, there are several people with specific tastes in various races. For every detractor, there always seems to be a supporter.

Regarding your other question, I don't think that first statement can be labeled as racism, but it's certainly an obnoxious way to state your preferences. Not every tool is a racist.