sexual racism

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know if it's sexual racism but it's funny how when you peruse these personals that there are plenty of 'Sorry Not Attracted to Asians, Blacks'. But rarely if ever do you find a personal that says 'Not Attracted to White guys so don't even bother.'

It's also strange to me that there are so many Asians and Black and Latino guys who don't date or enjoy having sex within their own ethnic group and just exclusively have sex with white guys. What's with that? Especially with gay asian guys I've noticed this.

texas41-38

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
It is no difference than society in general. Racism, whether tacit or implicit, exists. In my early 20s I dated a black man for several years. We would get asked for ID at bars when others were not. In the begining terms like "snow queen" or "dinge queen" were funny. They got old fast.

blackbottom2

Expert Member
Media
It dependson the charachteristics of a fellow human being you find a turn on

its like if
red hair turns you on or
a big muscular hairy blonde guy
or black guy with a huge cock or
an asian guy with fantastic buns
a guy with heavy stubble
a woman with big tits or small ones

attraction can also change with time and state of mind and a complex biological response that subcociously can contribute towards survivial and procreation of the fittest gene pool

People that state their opinions vociferously about finding an entire race unattractive are indeed being racist because they are targeting and generalising an entire race rather than individuals within that race

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
****'Sorry Not Attracted to Asians, Blacks'. But rarely if ever do you find a personal that says 'Not Attracted to White guys so don't even bother.' ****

I've noticed that too for heterosexual ads. But I have also noticed that while whites have intermarried with many other races, I rarely see dating and marriage partners of other non whites paired with a black person. And especially where the woman is black.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Race isn't an issue for me personally. It's more about attraction. I like some black, Asian and Oriental guys, but not all, just as I like some Caucasian guys, but not all.

However, I know a few guys who wouldn't go near a non-Caucasian and I know two black guys who will only have sex with white guys. I've never been able to understand either point of view, but, then, eveyone sees things differently. Some of them can't understand why I would find some of the guys I like the look of attractive, so I suppose we're even in a way.

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Attraction is built into us as children making it last through adulthood. Racism is also a learned behavior. When I was growing up, my parents (who are rather racist and grew up during a time when it was more acceptable) raised me to think that I should marry a dominican or nigerian girl. White people will mistreat me, Indians will scam me, mexicans would steal from me, etc etc. I grew out of this thinking and made up my own mind.

It would have been easier for me to just follow the guidelines set for me. Racists are lazy, they'd rather sit in a corner of isolation being pointed and laughed at rather than take a difficult step into enlightenment.

If you disagree with that, then how about this.

I was also raised Christian. Only missed church 2 times that I can remember from ages 0-18. Being brought up in the Christian culture is a big deal and hard to get away from. I decided to take that difficult step and relied on my own thoughts instead of taking easy street. All these learned behaviors, traditions and rituals can be overcome.

Someone can still be a bigot even without being aware of it. Thinking "I only like green eyes and pale skin" may not be inherently racist, but I have a feeling that more times than not, the foundation of this kind of reasoning is racist. This same person would likely turn down a black guy/girl that has pale skin and green eyes. There are many MANY "brown" people who have lighter skin than "white" people, but can't escape the blakehole that is racism.

Just so that you know, I'm a tattooed black guy. I've gotten my fair share of prejudice thrown my way. Anything from people hurling hatred due to my skin color, due to my tattoos, or even shit like my height, build and facial hair.:laughing:

Regardless, my point still stands. Unless if there is bigotry involved, I can't call it "racism", just a preference. It might be a shallow preference, but it's still just a preference.

simbasa12

Experimental Member
Media
Preference and racism go hand in hand. What factors induce 'preference'? That's a question that most people can't answer honestly because they have never taken the time and effort to probe into their psyche.

Sorry but it is racism in purest form. Make all the excuses you want. It is what it is.

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Preference and racism go hand in hand. What factors induce 'preference'? That's a question that most people can't answer honestly because they have never taken the time and effort to probe into their psyche.

Sorry but it is racism in purest form. Make all the excuses you want. It is what it is.

How is liking one thing the same(or go "hand in hand") as having a blind hatred to a race?

Preference and racism have next to nothing in common. It's like comparing apples to dog shit.

Preference is just liking something more than something else. No hatred or bigotry involved. I.E, liking black women over white. Just because one prefers the looks a black woman, does not mean that they outright hate white women.

Racism is a form of bigotry. Typically involving the idea that one race (or many) is superior than another, solely based on race and nothing more. One who is racist, will be devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, irrationality, and animosity on a person's race. I.E, if someone believes that white people in general are better at something compared to Asians, solely because they're white.

Just because one has a preference toward a certain look(or race), does not mean they hate everything outside of that said preference.

im8cut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
What i was implying by my cryptic 2 word post is that nobody has to justify who they like sexually.

If i have negative thougths about a race or nationality I'd keep it to myself - just as with individuals. Peace, love and respect!

You're right, you don't have to. Anyone can be racist all day long, and it'll be okay, right?

im8cut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm not really attracted to asian guys but I think asian girls are hot. Does that make me a racist? NO... It's just a preference

Maybe you are an exception where racism has no influence in your sexual attraction.

There is however a difference between a preference motivated by racism, and preference that is not.

Surely you agree?

im8cut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
How is liking one thing the same(or go "hand in hand") as having a blind hatred to a race?

Preference and racism have next to nothing in common. It's like comparing apples to dog shit.

Preference is just liking something more than something else. No hatred or bigotry involved. I.E, liking black women over white. Just because one prefers the looks a black woman, does not mean that they outright hate white women.

Racism is a form of bigotry. Typically involving the idea that one race (or many) is superior than another, solely based on race and nothing more. One who is racist, will be devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one exhibiting intolerance, irrationality, and animosity on a person's race. I.E, if someone believes that white people in general are better at something compared to Asians, solely because they're white.

Just because one has a preference toward a certain look(or race), does not mean they hate everything outside of that said preference.

While what you are saying is factually correct, racism in countries like America and South Africa is STILL intertwined with the cultures.

Racism's evil little trick is how it burrowed itself into the collective subconscious of the American culture, taking over the minds of otherwise tolerant and open minded people.

To deny that racism and sexual attraction are not currently linked would be either ignorant, irresponsible, or both.

Remington

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While what you are saying is factually correct, racism in countries like America and South Africa is STILL intertwined with the cultures.

Racism's evil little trick is how it burrowed itself into the collective subconscious of the American culture, taking over the minds of otherwise tolerant and open minded people.

To deny that racism and sexual attraction are not currently linked would be either ignorant, irresponsible, or both.

I agree 100%, and I'm not denying that racism exists.

I'm just saying that having a preference does not mean a person is a bigot. Preference isn't a form of bigotry. That's all.

Last edited:

maxcok

Expert Member
Media

I typically don't find redheads particularly attractive, as I described in my earlier post.

Does that make me a racist?

How is that any different than if I said I'm not particularly attracted to people of African descent?

I'm just saying that having a preference does not mean a person is a bigot. Preference isn't a form of bigotry. That's all.
^ This.

AngelComa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight

You're something else dude.

D_Harvey Schmeckel

Sexy Member
Media
Conscious racism, belief in superiority or inferiority of one "race" to another, is less common than implicit bias.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/

Implicit bias is culturally acquired, and many cultures have long histories of racism. Even those who are consciously anti-racist can be infected, and being dark skinned does not make one immune from culturally learned bias against dark skin. Rather than indignantly deny that their sexual biases are racist, people should ask themselves if those biases are the result of racism.

im8cut

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Conscious racism, belief in superiority or inferiority of one "race" to another, is less common than implicit bias.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/

Implicit bias is culturally acquired, and many cultures have long histories of racism. Even those who are consciously anti-racist can be infected, and being dark skinned does not make one immune from culturally learned bias against dark skin. Rather than indignantly deny that their sexual biases are racist, people should ask themselves if those biases are the result of racism.

Thank god you posted this. Every person should take ALL of these tests.

ConstantComment

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
One thing I find interesting are those white people, men and women, who only date blond hair and blue eyes. That's a whole lot of the white population that someone is discriminating against.