Sexual Repression

D_Blanche Badabing

Experimental Member
Media
“Even in modern, well developed and completely democratic societies females are subjected to even more ostracism and pressure to have no sexuality at all, because sex in women is viewed as being for reproduction within the formal arrangements of marriage, and not for pleasure.”

So there has been something trouble me for some time, and has even resulted in thinking of removing my lpsg profile. I have an extraordinarily high sex drive, and can be an exhibitionist at times. However I don’t go running around to random people on the street asking them to see naked pictures of myself or to screw me then and there. I’m not ashamed of my sex drive but it seems to give a lot of people (not just men) the right to label me as a “slut.”

I don’t like this mentality and I have recently had some bad experiences with people seeing photos of myself (not from this site) and I have to wonder if it’s worth the harassment. :frown1:

Words of wisdom anyone? Has anyone else experienced anything similar to this?

B_curiousme01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think your ability to be strong and confident in real life after an experience like that is remarkable. Your sex drive is normal! However, you do have a vaild point. Men can still have as much sex as they want with multiple partners without being considered a slut. Woman on the other hand, as we well know, are instantly considered a whore who gets around.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
People will always think that about women, regardless how far we come in society. There will always be those who find it as self abuse, mental illness, promiscuity. I don't really care, i enjoy my sexuality. I don't have to wear it on my sleeve to get everyones opinion about it.

Women are just as likely, if not moreso likely, to think this about other women. Men usually enjoy benefiting from the sexuality of a woman- until she pisses him off and then he calls her all sorts of names. Names that stick with her forever in her mind.

psidom

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
@krismorgan

there is a mantra you have to learn....

"FUCK THEM"

i say this inside myself when i feel like you do,
when people are being neurotic about pleasure.
i believe it is called "pleasure anxiety" and it is sad on a certain level.

you are beyond sane,and healthy because you actually FEEL what others
pretend is phantom because of dogma.

again say it with me...

"FUCK THEM"
:smile:

D_Blanche Badabing

Experimental Member
Media
@krismorgan

there is a mantra you have to learn....

"FUCK THEM"

i say this inside myself when i feel like you do,
when people are being neurotic about pleasure.
i believe it is called "pleasure anxiety" and it is sad on a certain level.

you are beyond sane,and healthy because you actually FEEL what others
pretend is phantom because of dogma.

again say it with me...

"FUCK THEM"
:smile:

"FUCK THEM" Indeed. :smile:

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
they have the right to call you what they please...just as you have the right to then punch them in the throat and laugh while you watch them struggle for air. ;)

B_bardox14

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I dated a lawyer several years ago and learned something interesting. The term Assault is often defined to include not only violence, but any intentional physical contact with another person without their consent. So if they touch you without you asking them to, in the US anyway not sure about Australia, you can beat their ass until they no longer want to touch you. Sooooo........................... yeah.......:twak:

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I would agree that all people have a right to the expression of their sexuality alone or with consenting partners. I disagree that anyone has the right to perpetrate violence against anyone who verbally abuses them, or just tries to make them feel badly about their own sexuality.

As a side note, men have never made me feel badly for wanting to fuck them, no matter how often, or how unusually. They've only ever wanted to make me feel badly for wanting to fuck someone else, or not wanting to fuck them at all or anymore. Sometimes it stings, but usually it just makes me laugh. A girl like me, who has been around, knows how to be a great lay. It's their loss, and clearly they know it.

Media
“Even in modern, well developed and completely democratic societies females are subjected to even more ostracism and pressure to have no sexuality at all, because sex in women is viewed as being for reproduction within the formal arrangements of marriage, and not for pleasure.”

where's the quote lifted from?

and how long ago was it made?

D_Blanche Badabing

Experimental Member
Media
I would agree that all people have a right to the expression of their sexuality alone or with consenting partners. I disagree that anyone has the right to perpetrate violence against anyone who verbally abuses them, or just tries to make them feel badly about their own sexuality

I complete agree, I would never do anything to hurt anyone else it goes against my nature, but sometimes words can be more punishing than anything else.

I dated a lawyer several years ago and learned something interesting. The term Assault is often defined to include not only violence, but any intentional physical contact with another person without their consent. So if they touch you without you asking them to, in the US anyway not sure about Australia, you can beat their ass until they no longer want to touch you. Sooooo........................... yeah.......:twak:

In Australia self defense is a given, but I think the courts might not buy that them touching you constitutes cracking their skull sort of thing. But generally if you did not seek the fight, or antagonise the person in question it's classed as self defense. (excluding extremes acts of violence of course)

where's the quote lifted from?

and how long ago was it made?

And it seems as soon as someone asked me that question I cannot find the exact link. :thinking:

From memory it was from a study on gender roles and sexuality and was relatively recent in the last 10 years or so. Sorry I can't be of more help I forgot to book mark the page.

B_Drake9

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Don't let people judge you for your sexual desires. Most people that do are usually people you wouldn't want to fuck anyway :)

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I would agree that all people have a right to the expression of their sexuality alone or with consenting partners. I disagree that anyone has the right to perpetrate violence against anyone who verbally abuses them, or just tries to make them feel badly about their own sexuality.

to be entirely fair, i was being hyperbolic for the sake of comedy. i don't ACTUALLY think someone should punch someone else in the throat for calling them a whore...just that it would be funny to watch. :biggrin1:

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is all so familiar. Sexuality is not detached from our identidy, like all aspects of humanity we are judged by what we do and what we say. If someone offends me, intimidates me sexually then I have the right to make a judgement on them. Usually I laugh off an improper and unsolicited sexual advance, but it is still inapproriate in context and I shouldn't be thought a prude for rejecting those advances. So a word to the predatory females and males, play by the rules on a level field. If you are rejected then that is part and parcel of the mating game. But yes attacking someone's proper sexuality is not on.

D

deleted356736

The history of female sexual oppression goes back a long way. If we look at primitive societies, women were free to choose their sexual partners, and had the upper hand on men in regards to both sex and children. They got pregnant, they communally raised their children, and men largely lived separate lives despite having non-monogamous marriages. To get a feeling for this, you can look at some of the historical writings on Tahiti, Africa, Native America or Australian Aboriginals.

The men in a certain middle-eastern tribe thought that men on the outer wasn't a good thing, so they set about changing things by manipulating one of the most powerful forces in society at that time: spiritual beliefs. So they stripped away the spiritual deities, male and female, from their belief system until they ended up with one single deity, who they called Yahweh. Yahweh was a middle-aged man, like the middle-aged men who thought this was a good idea, and he had very male-focussed beliefs. Women were derived from men, women brought sin into the world, women were evil, therefore women were second-class compared to men. With the acceptance of these beliefs, men now had control of society. Men owned women and their children, and now men mattered for something beyond war, sex and herding cattle.

If you follow what I have just written, you will probably realise that you can't be a feminist and a Christian, Jew or Muslim. Patriarchal religious beliefs are just that: the superiority of men and the subservience of women. Double-standards even today, such as the stud who picks up a new woman every Saturday night versus the slut who goes out trawling for sex every Saturday night.

More than sex, of course. How many women are on the boards of our largest companies? How many CEOs? How many even get paid the same amount of money as men? The inequities go on and on.

We have a male-dominated patriarchal society that came into existance from a male-dominated patriarchal religion, and beyond a mass-movement to atheism or agnosticism, I don't see change happening any time soon.

D_Blanche Badabing

Experimental Member
Media
More than sex, of course. How many women are on the boards of our largest companies? How many CEOs? How many even get paid the same amount of money as men? The inequities go on and on.

We have a male-dominated patriarchal society that came into existance from a male-dominated patriarchal religion, and beyond a mass-movement to atheism or agnosticism, I don't see change happening any time soon.

I completely agree, which is why I tend to lose my temper a little when people say that feminism in this day and age is null and void. Considering if even these disparities are noticeable in first world democratic countries; what do you think women's rights are like in Afghanistan or The Democratic Republic of Congo?

Hopefully things will change, but it will be a long and painful process.

Sadly things like sexual activity or preference aren't only one of the things people place judgment upon. :frown1:

D

deleted356736

I completely agree, which is why I tend to lose my temper a little when people say that feminism in this day and age is null and void. Considering if even these disparities are noticeable in first world democratic countries; what do you think women's rights are like in Afghanistan or The Democratic Republic of Congo?

Hopefully things will change, but it will be a long and painful process.

Sadly things like sexual activity or preference aren't only one of the things people place judgment upon. :frown1:

Actually, I'm someone who is married to a black Zimbabwean and understands African culture a bit. Traditional African religious beliefs give married women designated rights and freedoms, especially in relation to the domestic side of the economy, relative to what Christianity traditionally allowed (a married woman was the 'chattel' or a possession of her husband). Africa was different; brave would be the African man who crossed an African wife.

This meant that the African tendancy to chiefly rule was tempered by the impact the wife or wives had on the chief. Subsequent colonisation by Europeans imposed Christian-based values, destroying the impact that women had. This is part of the reason why we have had a succession of ruthless dictators in Africa over the past fifty or so years.

D_Barbi_Dahl

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I

I can totally relate to you. That's probably why I am a closet exhibitionist, closet perv and why only a few friends know of my true sexual nature.

I know I'm new to this site, but so far I'm having a blast being able to show this side of myself.

I know some people think I'm a whore, a slut, easy...or whatever...but I do have to say that I have learned to not care so much about what random people think of me. That's their problem not mine.

I'm proud to be a sexually charged woman. NYMPHO PROUD! But as I'm a mom and a professional...I do have to be somewhat reasonable with displaying my pride. Just glad I found at least an online venue to interact with like minded people.