Sexual tension

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sexual tension By The Urban Dictionary:

1.sexual tensionthe tension felt between two people who want to do something sexual together but hold back.

Well, i have sensed this sexual tension thing but never stop to named it...until someone pointed out for me...

But one thing i know is that is "great"...but of course without to much exageration.

What do you have to say about Sexual Tension ?

And about internet sexual tension?

Does males and females have different sexual tensions?

Please give feedbacks i want to know and learn more about it...thanks.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Gisella said:
What do you have to say about Sexual Tension ?

And about internet sexual tension?
IMHO, there's a definite distinction that needs to be made between face-to-face sexual tension and the internet-based variety. In real life, it can be that kind of jaw-dropping response you get to somebody in an instant --- "lust at first sight", one might say --- or else having their personality/looks grow on you over time --- that leaves your whole body tingling; and which is on some level reciprocated. But for some reason, you know nothing can happen .... whether it be due to you or the other person (or both) already having a monogamous partner; or because a relationship between the two of you would be unprofessional; etc. And so the most that can happen is a kind of teenager-like pouting and flirting.. which can be really very intense and sexual in its own right.. but always blocked from coming to fruition on the basis of certain boundaries. If things develop beyond that, then it has moved from a state of sexual tension to one of sexual release, which is a whole different animal.

On the internet, however ... I don't believe the emotions coming into play are quite the same. At most, one will have some two-dimensional impression of the other person, and will never have been able to experience whether there is precisely that indefinable "click" resulting from face-to-face contact. Most people are more guarded about how much of their emotional side they are willing to expose on the internet, and are also far more prone to edit out obvious flaws --- things that might be evident in an instant in real life. If two people tell me they are experiencing "sexual tension" on an internet-based level, then I take it to mean that they are both feeling horny. But not necessarily that it is anything more than that ... because the depth and defining 'connection' of a face-to-face encounter are absent. Of course, one can make real friends on the internet, and of course, a relationship online can be very intense if you are always PMing or MSNing, or whatever; but in my mind at least, one needs to stand back a little and remember the partial image one always receives online. Plus ... it's tempting to "fill in the gaps" of detail that one does not have about someone one has encountered online with the idealized way that one hopes for them to be ... as opposed to being confronted directly with the way they are.

If face-to-face sexual tension means responding merely to one fragment of the entire person in an intense way, then internet-based sexual tension is surely an even more partial response to a mere fragment of a fragment. BUT ... that obviously doesn't mean that either feeling is unpleasant or unrewarding ... just so long as one keeps in mind certain boundaries and characteristics of such interactions in order to avoid winding up feeling hurt.

*another 2 cents for the meter, damn this place is costing me a fortune* :rolleyes:

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yep Alex...i find very interesting this tension online...

Internet interactions are new to me...and to find out that sexual tensions are real too on cyberspace is very new to me...

For sure face to face sensual tension is what im used to...we have to for sure take care to not be hurt and "burn our fingers..."

Thank you !!!:wink:

Wonderboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I sense a lot of sexual tension...but I'm probably wrong and its just wishful thinking because a lot of girls (women mainly, we're talkin late 20s+) give me the eye and look me up and down. Maybe I'm just funny lookin? lol I dunno.

I experience it a lot though with girls I meet on train journeys, and I think shit why didn't I get her number, she was hot and I could tell she was into me! That's happened a lot. Sometimes it makes me uncomfortable, other times I just shrug it off and do nothing about it.

What I want to know though is what are the SIGNS of sexual attraction...I mean tension ;)

Which is a by product of attraction I think...

Eye contact? Grins? Playing with hair? Making conversation? Erections lol.

Gisella

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well Wonderboy i want to know the details too...:biggrin1:

For me is that something extra thing a guy have...but is reciprocrated of course no way is platonic because he has to give feedbacks too..he teases and I tease and we play...

Now i'm getting all confuse (a long day today...)...is something very nice indeed and kind of animal and primitive...hmmmm....:tongue:

I have never seen the experience of sexual tension so eloquently expressed... beautifully done... and I agree that the internet sexu tension cannot match the face to face experience, having felt both... I much prefer the face to face, simply on the basis that I am a tactile person... I love to touch and be touched... and face to face, I can always sneak a touch, which could seem harmless to others, but mean so much more to me and the other person involved... plus I like the possibility of the thing atually going down... the real fun is seeing how far you can go, how close you can get... as long as the line isn't crossed....

D_Claude Hopper

Experimental Member
Media
alex8 said:
IMHO, there's a definite distinction that needs to be made between face-to-face sexual tension and the internet-based variety. In real life, it can be that kind of jaw-dropping response you get to somebody in an instant --- "lust at first sight", one might say --- or else having their personality/looks grow on you over time --- that leaves your whole body tingling; and which is on some level reciprocated. But for some reason, you know nothing can happen .... whether it be due to you or the other person (or both) already having a monogamous partner; or because a relationship between the two of you would be unprofessional; etc. And so the most that can happen is a kind of teenager-like pouting and flirting.. which can be really very intense and sexual in its own right.. but always blocked from coming to fruition on the basis of certain boundaries.

My goodness is that about the most accurate thought on it that I've ever heard. I think the rough part of it is when you've already got that emotional attachment. Lust is one thing, but once feelings are involved in any way, EVERYTHING gets construed differently within our minds.

They know you know, you know they know, and everyone around the two of you can definitely tell. There's no hiding it; only those damn boundaries that the two of you have managed to build somewhere along the way. What a bitch.

juice

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In some cases it just hits you.
Your body reacts, your brain is swirling, you're done.
The first time I talked to my girlfriend, that's what happened. There was so much sexual tension between us everyone could feel it.

I love it. I love the reaction that I get and the reaction that I see.

Ive never had online sexual tension.

*shrugs*