sexuality, percentages.... ignorance of youth

uniquename

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Guys / galls

When signing up as a new member i instinctively when filling in my info put 100% straight 0% gay

now my question (and i'm well aware i'm contradicting myself here) is can anyone ever be 100% either way? and is it just the ignorance of youth and peer pressure combined with insufficient education that makes people think of it like that? what are your experiences?

In my younger days, i know to some of you that will sound funny coming from a 29 year old, i used to be thrive on being one of "the guys" and {bi/homo}sexuality was indeed a great source of entertainment, anyone who wasn't into rugby and other "manly persuits" were seen as play things for our ridicule and or sense of humour.

now at the age i am i find that i'm a lot more accepting and understanding of anyone and everything, i have no gay friends, i think in nearly 30 years i have only ever spoken to 1 openly gay man who admittedly was the campest most over confident thing on the planet, think 18-30's holiday rep and you're half way there,

what i think did change my mind one day is when i encountered a huge clitoris on a girl
think something like this

http://www.realhugeclits.net/smal.jpg

it was at that point i thought about the science of it all and how the clit is erectile tissue and essentially a little penis. at that point i began looking at it as "you can't help who you are attracted to" at the end of the day we're human and differences between sexes are governed by hormones

now i've never encountered a man to whom i've been attracted but i as a well educated man would never rule anything out.

so can anyone ever be 100% straight or gay or is the world bi?

sorry for the long winded post

Scott

B_cloverboy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yep, I definitely think a person can be 100% straight or gay. There are many people I find attractive, but yet I'm not attracted to them. Point being I don't really consider it gay when i think a guy is attractive, it would be gay if I was attracted to him.

coachreffn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
There is a wide spectrum of 100% gay to 100% straight and all of us fall on that spectrum at some point. I do find it tough to label percentages as there is no real test as to where you fit on the spectrum. Yeah, maybe a guy is 100% straight or gay but I think most of us fall somewhere in the middle. Embrace whatever and whoever you are.

Rowan Ravenseed

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I personally think sexual identity is a purely psychological construct that is bought about by social conditiong and response to that conditioning.

While i will agree that sexuality may have in some part some small genetic factors i see sexual identity as something entirely different from sexuality and i also believe that neither is entirely inflexible.

In situations where there is no member of the opposite sex both in humans and animals alike homosexual stimulation prevails. Lets use prison for example even men that enter prison 100% str8 find flexibility in thier surrounding and attraction (yes genuine attractions involving physical and emotional attraction) are formed to compensate for a lack of female input.

Some people would suggest that these attractions are less "real" becuase it was a forced environment but attraction is attraction the rest is just psychology and things you tell yourself to feel more secure in the little box you made

brinzaulsschwul

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Wouldn't it be lovely to take away all these labels that we inflict upon ourselves and just be free to be who we want to be. That said I am 100% gay - tried the girl thing found it wasn't for me - and how sad is that, I tried to confirm to societies wants and needs to escape the homophobic bullying at school and in my small minded village. Was I the only gay in the village - apparently not, as I found out in later life. Did the others support me, no they did not, they were in their closets.

So having tried sex with women, and not liking it at all, does that make me 100% gay??? (rhet)

Labels are the most damaging thing we can inflict upon young people developing their sexual identity. You're st8, you must be st8 you're footballer - all that pressure - still in the 21st Century (and yes I have had sex with a closeted professional footballer - it was wow too - don't bother asking who it was because I'm not going to OUT anyone). Assuming just because the boy likes ballet he is going to be gay - some ballet dancers are not gay.

One day the sports men and women will 'come out' or be forced out of their closets. Will they be left alone to get on with their lives or will they be tormented and abused all because of a label we inflict upon ourselves?

So, let's not worry about labels, lets free ourselves of the constraints they put upon us and be happy within ourselves, which will make us healthier and balanced people in the correct relationships.

Brinz