sexuality realization

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hey all. Long time since I've posted, but I had/have had some interesting things happen to me here lately, but have just realized what was going on.
So I was at work today (work at a big box store) when this really good looking guy came up to me with a question about his Iphone. Well I immediately checked him out. I sized him up, and all of the sudden, I unconsciously stood up straighter, my cock fluffed up (thougt I was getting an erection, but it just 'fluffed up' got somewhere b/t a softee and a semi) and I became really alert. I thought at first that I was attracted to him, but then it kinda hit me like a ton of bricks. I was sizing him up and responding to him as if he were a sexual competetor It was so primordial.

This wasn't the first time this has happened. Whenever an a guy, who I preceive to be an 'equal' or 'competator' sexually, I stand at attention, voice gets a little bit deeper, and my cock fluffs up. Its 100% unconscious on my part, and for a long time, I thought it was b/c I was sexually attracted to the guy, but in reality....I have no desire to have any type of sexual relationship with another man.

Has anyone else (would prefer straight to mostly straight guys, but anyone else is free to respond) ever noticed this happen? Any stories, thoughts, opinions?

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
what do you mean? What I'm trying to relay is that some of the things that my body does in response to other men dealing with sexuality is more of an instinctual reaction than a overtly sexual reaction. Kinda backing up the school of thought of the men comparing each other/sizing up other men at the urinals and in the showers

Last edited:

Corius

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I would say: Don't be too sure about the limits of the framework of your sexuality. It is something you find out about as you go along. I recall that the very notion of any intimate sexual contact with a male was far from my framework of thought, but in bonding with a fellow student (we were both fifteen) I found and he found that we were doing those very things we had given a firm "never" to before. That realtionship lasted through high school; we never stopped thinking of ourselves as anything but regular guys. In my case, it allowed me to be open to enjoy two subsequent long term relationships with men and two with women. Yes, I finally found the one person I was willing and eager to spend the rest of my life with and have been a faithful husband and father, but I do not forget my former partners and all of them are still dearly loved friends.

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I see unabear, i've done this before. like when your with a bunch of girls and some stud walks in, you like straighten up to make yourself look better. I believe it is a natural thing though.

widenine

Experimental Member
Media
unabear: The problem with your conclusion is the following:
Men experiencing fear or fright, physical challenge or fight preparation
will not achieve a partially or fully engorged penis. Full shrinkage is
natures way of protecting that prized instrument from being damaged
in battle. You might want to re-evaluate the cause of that fluffy semi.

OCMuscleJock

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
well ...you did acknowledge he was good looking. In my opinion the fact you fluffed up and changed your demenor is more to make yourself subconciously look better to him, since you were attracted to begin with. If you seriously are not attracted to males then I commend you on at least acknowleding the asthetics of the good looking guy. But the rise in the levis is kinda telling otherwise...

not that its a bad thing...just means you are more open than you realize :)

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I see unabear, i've done this before. like when your with a bunch of girls and some stud walks in, you like straighten up to make yourself look better. I believe it is a natural thing though.

precisely my friend!

I think that my thread title is a bit misleading. I wasn't talking about my sexual preference, I was talking about sexuality in relation to competetion with another male.

It was more like...instead of feeling any sort of attraction to him, I felt him more of a threat, and subconsciously, my body responded by making myself look bigger, thus making me the more attractive/more dominate person. And something I failed to mention was, we were standing in an open area of the store, and there were plenty of people passing us by. The 'encounter' (for a lack of better terminology) originally started out as just myself and this guy, and then I called over another guy for assistance.

lol. So there the 3 of us were. Him standing maybe 5'9" and weighing all of maybe 165 lbs, the other guy standing about the same height and weighing 300 lbs, and me standing 6'5" 290 lbs. It almost was like we were on display. Like a line up if you will. What woman will pick which guy.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
well ...you did acknowledge he was good looking. In my opinion the fact you fluffed up and changed your demenor is more to make yourself subconciously look better to him, since you were attracted to begin with. If you seriously are not attracted to males then I commend you on at least acknowleding the asthetics of the good looking guy. But the rise in the levis is kinda telling otherwise...

not that its a bad thing...just means you are more open than you realize :)

great points, OC

Unabear, you characterized the guy as "really good-looking"...why would you feel threatened in any way by that little 5'9" guy, sexually or otherwise?

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
arrrg!

Folks....

Please stop looking deeper into this.

#1 Everything that happened with my body was 100% unconscious.

#2 I never felt threatened in any way. That was just the way my body responded.

#3 Do a little research on the psychology of human sexuality!

#4 The point of the thread was simply me observing that the 'experts' say happens in certain situations. I was just stating that I found it interesting that on an unconscious level, my body responded exactly the way it the textbooks (and others) have said.

#5 All of this was just an observation of the actions of my body. Nothing more, nothing less. I am comfortable with my sexuality and realize that at times, it can be fluid. Hence my sexual preference percentage being 80% straight 20% gay. I am not denying anything part of my sexuality. Some men I find attractive and amd curious about sexually. In the above circumstance, the guy was good looking, but I was not sexually curious about him. There were no sexual feelings. Period. It was just interesting to make note that my body reacted the way it did in that circumstance, and in other circumstances in the past.

STYLYUNG

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I think that your body was telling you that you should adjust your orientation percentages towards the center of the scale. The fellow was giving you a turn-on and you didn't want to consciosly recognize it. Once you have allowed yourself to have a male/male experience, you will be able answer what was going on with yourself that day in that big box store.

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
precisely my friend!

I think that my thread title is a bit misleading. I wasn't talking about my sexual preference, I was talking about sexuality in relation to competetion with another male.

It was more like...instead of feeling any sort of attraction to him, I felt him more of a threat, and subconsciously, my body responded by making myself look bigger, thus making me the more attractive/more dominate person. And something I failed to mention was, we were standing in an open area of the store, and there were plenty of people passing us by. The 'encounter' (for a lack of better terminology) originally started out as just myself and this guy, and then I called over another guy for assistance.

lol. So there the 3 of us were. Him standing maybe 5'9" and weighing all of maybe 165 lbs, the other guy standing about the same height and weighing 300 lbs, and me standing 6'5" 290 lbs. It almost was like we were on display. Like a line up if you will. What woman will pick which guy.

You were feeling intimidated? A man can get an erection from feeling "sexually" threatened by other men (It happens in the animal kingdom). As you say, it may have had nothing to do with a subconscious desire to have sex with him.

Human sexuality is so complicated. Everyone just wants to put people's sexualities in simple, neat little packages, but that's just not possible, I'm afraid.

SilverSoldier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Unlike several other posters, I see what you're saying unabear, and I agree with the premise. I think primordial is a good way to describe what's going on. If you watch what happens in the animal world, it's pretty much the same as you describe. Apes to horses, and much more.

That being said, I don't think everyone has the same reaction in these situations as you possibly do. I think that's why you are plagued with several doubting Richards (Dicks, get it?) because they don't get the same reaction as you do. So there's more to this, and it probably linked to genetic history.

So for what it's worth, I get what you're saying and I think it's entirely plausable, but perhaps not broadly applicable. Too many variables to make broadly applicable.