Sexuality v.s. Philia (sexology survey)

As described below, I would consider myself...

• Heterosexual — maleness is more important than masculinity

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Androphilic — masculinity is more important than maleness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bisexual — attracted to both men and women

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Ambiphilic — attracted to both masculinity and femininity

• Homosexual — femaleness is more important than femininity

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Gynephilic — femininity is more important than femaleness

• Other / None of the above

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • The distinction between sexuality and philia doesn't make sense

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Kazimir

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well met!
I'm trying to learn about the basis of sexual attraction; specifically, I want to know whether physical maleness/femaleness or perceived masculinity/femininity is a stronger driver.

For the purposes of this question, SEXUALITY refers to an attraction to sex (males/females), whereas PHILIA refers to attraction to presentation (masculinity/femininity).

462px-Androphilia-gynephilia~2.jpg

Please consider the following:
1) How do you feel about masculine women, and feminine men?
2) How important is maleness v.s. masculinity, or femaleness v.s. femininity?
3) Is there a certain threshold of masculinity/femininity that must be passed before you're interested? If so, can it be passed by someone who isn't male/female?

This is the sister survey to ones posted in the straight and gay men's forums. Unfortunately, the women's forum isn't bifurcated by sexuality, so the survey may be a bit more confusing... But I'm very curious to see if there's a difference between men and women.

Kazimir

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Interesting results so far!
I've asked a few women IRL, and they all said "This distinction doesn't make sense."

If this pattern holds, that would have some really interesting implications.
So far, 13 men have answered, and not one of them has chosen "Other" or "This distinction doesn't make sense."

Though way too early to make too strong a statement, it does appear the way sexual attraction works may be quite different in men and women

Reactions: TinyPrincess
D

deleted848353

Come back when u make the first 2 options for straight not say maleness since ur asking in ask a WOman which makes it not make sense. That being maleness doesn't work for females

Mittimer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
I'm confused with the general distinction.

I care so very little about how one presents themselves regarding masculinity, femme or what they have between their legs.

Generally human is what I prefer. Feral forest witch, goblin brained nerds, plant and pet parents. That's where the good stuff is.

Kazimir

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Come back when u make the first 2 options for straight not say maleness since ur asking in ask a WOman which makes it not make sense. That being maleness doesn't work for females

Yeah, I probably could've written that to be clearer...

The "maleness" refers to a potential object of attraction, not to you. If one is attracted to men, what does that mean exactly? Are they attracted to the male body? To a masculine presentation? Both? Something else?
That's what the questionnaire is driving at.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If one is attracted to men, what does that mean exactly? Are they attracted to the male body? To a masculine presentation? Both? Something else?
That's what the questionnaire is driving at.
I'm 100% straight. Love huge cocks, big muscles and self-confident guys - but that doesn't attract me. Humour and good behaviour does...