Sexuallity; There is no such thing as Gay or Straight....

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by liberalcynic, Apr 20, 2008.

?

Is there such thing as gay or straight, in regards to sexuality?

1. heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual

8 vote(s)
    15.4%
  2. everyone is bisexual with differing persuations in the ratio of attraction

29 vote(s)
    55.8%
  3. Whatever individual finds sexy (people, plants, objects et cetera)

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  4. something else defines sexuality and it is much more liquid... OR you just don't know

9 vote(s)
    17.3%
  1. liberalcynic

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Just want to poll how many people believe that there is Hetero~, homo~, and bisexuals or believe that we are all bisexual and have varying amounts of attraction to each sex (Exempli Gratia: attraction towards: 1% male 99% for a "straight" male)(possible the result of calling ourself either straight, gay is just idenity, or the mob of society clumpsing pople together!), or that we are attracted to what ever we think is 'sexy' and are not to things we deem are not (e.g.: Older people, fat people et cetera) while we could be attracted to a particular item (human body part, or an object)

1: heterosexual, homosexual, and bisexual
    2: everyone is bisexual with differing persuations in the ratio of attraction
    3: What ever we find sexy
    4: something else!

2. D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead Account Disabled

Speaking only for myself, I am drawn to both cock and cunt and find them both equally alluring on the right people.

On a side issue, I've noticed that when people post their gay/straight percentages here (eg., "90% straight, 10% gay"), they often seem to be what they wish they were rather than what they really are.

I feel sorry for those who force themselves into one camp or another rather than feeling and enjoying all the sexual energy that's out there.

3. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I've had sex with both men and women. If you have the right vibes with someone, you can have a sexual experience with anyone. It's just a matter of how familiar you are with the equipment of each gender and how turned on you are.

4. Supersized

Supersized New Member

I consider myself 50/50. There is some truth to what you say but the majority of the public will not accept it.

5. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    I tend to believe that number 2 is the most likely. I think that everyone has the capacity to screw anything and feel pleasure from it. It just depends on what you like more...and what you like is affected by inside and outside factors. Of course without a scientific study prove it, I have no claim.

6. m9lc

m9lc New Member

I hardly understand my own sexual orientation, much less the world's. Anyone that claims to understand other people's states of mind is pretty arrogant, in my opinion.

7. open501s

open501s Member

I've always thought of sexuality in terms of a triangle.

1. homosexual
    2. heterosexual
    3. non-sexual / not interested.

the rules of this sexual modle are simple.
    • you fall some where between each point in the triangle.
    • you can not fall on one single point.
    • you can fall on a line between two points, or perhaps not.

8. B_Mademoiselle Rouge

Whatever individual finds sexy (people, plants, objects et cetera)?

If plants and objects arent in the et cetera category, what is? I've never walked past a vase full of Birds of Paradise and thought "Damn i could hop on that plant right now"

9. D_MarquisDeSodOff

D_MarquisDeSodOff Account Disabled

I like to think that everyone is a little bi-, but I am forced to look at myself, and realize that I don't like girls and probably will never have a sexual experience with them. I just like guys and everything they have. I chose hetero-, homo-and bi-, but I believe that the bi-category is very large and the other two are quite small, even though I am in one of them.

10. Phil Ayesho

Gold Member

Its no different the height, skin color, vision or any other attribute.

There are two components to sex... attraction, and pleasure.

Attraction is something that seems to be chemical... wired in.... but falls on a spectrum from 99.999% gay to 99.999% straight.

Pleasure is entirely different.
    Human beings are learning machines and our bodies are like stimulus receptors.

Human beings can learn to take pleasure from animals, apple pies and washing machines on spin.

The only thing holding people back form taking pleasure in each other are attitudes and hangups, fears and biases.

There isn't much you can do about what you are attracted to....

But Anyone CAN be bisexual if they simply seek the pleasure others of the same gender can offer.

All it takes is a change of perspective.

A more open mind.

Exclusive gays are no different in their hidebound conservatism than exclusive heteros. Their positions are dictated by beliefs, and not by their bodies.

As far as the arrogance of suggesting what is in another person...

It isn't arrogance if its supported by history, science, and reason...
    People are people and we CAN study them and form conclusions about how they work.

But they must be based upon evidence... and not that which we wish were true.

11. Hellboy0

Gold Member

Albums:
    Like this way of thinking of it. I'd add that people have the capacity to move throughout that boundary their whole lives.

Draft saved Draft deleted