sexy vs slutty?

D_Judith K Rantz

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I heard a segment on The Kane Show (radio) yesterday discussing Dr. Drew's recent Yahoo article "Sexy vs Slutty: How Men Differentiate" and wanted to know your opinions.

Whole article: Sexy Vs. Slutty: How Men Differentiate | Love + Sex - Yahoo! Shine

Here's what looking slutty means to most men like me: It says, "I don't have much self-respect and have to expose myself in order to attract a man. Value me for my appearance and worry about my character and personality traits later (if at all)."

Slutty is trying too hard. Sexy is natural. Slutty is over-exposure. Sexy is just enough. Women can be sexy and sophisticated, classy and intelligent: relationship-worthy. Slutty can not.

Sexy can actually be high maintenance or low maintenance. Some of the sexiest outfits I've ever seen on a woman consisted of a camisole top and yoga pants, a cotton spring dress or even a turtleneck top. Sexy is confident, fun and approachable. Let's face it; a man can be attracted to a light pole. It's not the clothes that make a woman sexy. Nor is it the makeup, hair, shoes or accessories. It's an attitude. It's a look. It's a demeanor.

What is your opinion of sexy vs. slutty, and when does sexy cross the line over to slutty?

D_Alec_Baldtwins

Account Disabled
Media
This is one of those things that's hard to put into words, but you know it instantly when you see it. Sluttiness has an element of neediness and desperation, both in appearance and behavior, that sexy doesn't. On the whole, it's expressed pretty well in the quote in your post.

The sexiest woman to me is almost never the most obvious and out there, the one wearing the least or trashiest clothes. Sexiness is a subtle allure, a mystique. It has class and taste. It comes from a place of confidence and well-being. It's an invitation to appreciate and to explore, rather than to leer and attack.

Media
This is one of those things that's hard to put into words, but you know it instantly when you see it. Sluttiness has an element of neediness and desperation, both in appearance and behavior, that sexy doesn't. On the whole, it's expressed pretty well in the quote in your post.

The sexiest woman to me is almost never the most obvious and out there, the one wearing the least or trashiest clothes. Sexiness is a subtle allure, a mystique. It has class and taste. It comes from a place of confidence and well-being. It's an invitation to appreciate and to explore, rather than to leer and attack.

I pretty much agree with this. Slutty is desperately dressing for attention, while sexy is confidence. Sexy is having it and knowing you have it, but at the same time not overly flaunting it.

Rasputin779

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Girls who who behave slutty belittle themselves and minimalize their personalities to the point where they aren't even sexy. They come across as desperate and then I feel repulsed and/or leacherous hitting on them let alone going out or having sex with them.

Although I relize the hypocracy of saying that on a site like this lol, people here typically do this to show off or hook up.

Last edited:

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I think women recognize it better than guys do. I've never heard a guy say, "She's too slutty for me. I'd rather go home alone and jack off."

But I have heard lots of women say, "You find her attractive? She looks like such a slut!"

Had a girlfriend once who only wore flat heeled shoes because heels where "slutty" in her opinion. She'd also never wear nude pantyhose for the same reason. Yet, she'd had so many partners that, by her own admission, she couldn't honestly say how many there were.

Had another girlfriend who would go clubbing in lycra dresses and not wear panties. Even into her mid-20s she could count her sex partners in one hand.

D_Harry_Pitz

Experimental Member
Media
I think women recognize it better than guys do.
Maybe they recognize it, bur they are not honest in their opinions.
I once went to a fancy dress party, the dress code was 70's style. This one girl showed up in some thight golden shiny hotpants and dito top, her belly button was showing, her make up, shoes, jewelry and everything she was wearing screamed "slut". It was so showy that everybody was talking about it. But she was also fat and not attractive at all. All my female friends and female friends of female friends described her as "brave" for daring to wear that being so unnatractive and fat.
So me and my male friends pointed to another girl, she wasn't showing much skin: black dress to her knees, heels, no cleavage whatsoever, the dress had a turleneck, but it had a very large part of her back showing, discreet jewelry. None of the guys would say that she was dressed as a slut. But she was attractive and very sexy. Here half of the girls said "slut", and the other half admitted she was just very sexy and beautiful.
This is just one example of what springs to mind, where girls out of jealousy or because they feel threatened or whatever talk trash about a girl behind her back. So don't go by the opinion of a girl about other girls.

tbrguy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Very interesting points made by the lady regarding her friends.

I've been surprised at comments made by girlfriends of mine from time to time about other girls; definitely caught me off guard more than once. Not always for reasons that were obvious.

I know this will not chime with you Americans, but I think here in the UK the diference between sexy and slutty is in the eye of the beholder and seen through the prism of class; although for class, you might substitute wealth.