shameful Homosexuals Mock 'Last Supper'

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just sent a scalding reply to the editor of that story reminding him that the Folsom Street Festival is NOT a "homosexual" event and that he should see what his fellow straight people do on the street there. I'm getting pretty tired of all of this lumping all gay men and women together in one bad bag. Dennis

I have a hard time finding the handful of straight people there. :rolleyes:

RocketMan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Now sooo many people are going to go to the Folsom Fair this weekend that it might be the biggest turnout in years.

That's wonderful news! I hope you're right, yngjock. The proceeds go to wonderfully humanitarian charities. The Sisters, for example, are tirelessly devoted to such fund raising efforts. I find them heroic and am pleased to see the proud representation on the poster. Yes, the more proceeds to help those in need, the better. I don't think Jesus would have a problem with that.

To address the post: I love the advertisement. I think the intrigue of people in general far outweighs the offended. Certainly apparent in responses up to now.

Here's a better article:
Proud Enthusiasts Raise Hundreds of Thousands Helping Those In Need ... while others sit back and criticize.

See you at the Fair!

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
These fringe festivals as they become more and more popular get filled with dull gawkers that add nothing to the atmosphere to detriment of the event. It is what happened to Halloween in the Castro as boring straight folk came out in droves sans costume to look at the homosexuals. They are the wet blanket of these celebrations.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Remember the artist who put a Crucifix in a vat of piss! I support free speach and not much offends me. Execpt for stupidity and assholianism.
This is not your Fathers America(hopefully). Where you think you can sway people with religious hoopala.Show yourself , who are you? What is your motivation?

SoFla8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It is shameful and offensive but it doesn't surprise me. After all, we're talking about the Folsom Street fair which is perhaps one of the biggest freak fests in existence.

Fantasy Fest in Key West ranks up there too. What a show that is! :biggrin1:

Throughout history anything that's considered sacred will get attacked by haters. The difference is that in America you can get away it which is very different than some other countries. "Piss Christ" by Andres Serrano was offensive as was Chris Olifi's "Black Madonna", so this is nothing new.
What if someone did a painting of 13 emaciated Jews sitting at a table in a concentration camp with a caption "Their Last Supper". Do you think Jews would be angry? Of course they would, but the person who did it would claim that it was free speech.

What bothers me is the value (sacred?) some place on a painting, or grilled cheese sandwich for that matter. Fame does not equal accuracy. My faith is personal and, as such, is not based on someone elses interpetation.

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media

"The bread and wine representing Christ's broken body and lifegiving blood are replaced with sadomasochistic sex toys in this twisted version of Da Vinci's The Last Supper," CWA said on its Web site.

Concerned Women for America

In the portrait I see grapes, bread and glasses containing what I presume to be dark wine, on the table. Surely the "Concerned Women for America" noticed those items. I think they should dust off their bibles and see what is said therein about those with a lying tongue.

The supper tradition was supposed to be about people sharing a meal and having fellowship with one another. Bearing this in mind I don't see the picture as being "hateful" at all.

ledroit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I may be mistaken, but was that artist trying to make a point about the Incarnation?

Remember the artist who put a Crucifix in a vat of piss! I support free speach and not much offends me. Execpt for stupidity and assholianism.
This is not your Fathers America(hopefully). Where you think you can sway people with religious hoopala.Show yourself , who are you? What is your motivation?

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Sorry, This story just doesn't interest me.
Yet, you not only read it, but you went through the effort to comment to that effect. :rolleyes: I'm sorry, I've lost interest in YOU. Something else has caught my eye.

Agreed. Novice you want some chocolate chunk cookies. They were made by a straight girl... *rolls eyes*
COOKIES??? Wait, was there some other topic here? Bah, never mind. I heard, "COOKIES"! *promptly loses track of any other thoughts* :tongue:

thick_1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
(1) Because almost every single one of your posts is gay-bashing, and it gets old.

(2) Because almost every single one of your posts is gay-bashing, and it gets old.

(3) Because almost every single one of your posts is gay-bashing, and it gets old.

Did that answer all your questions, thoroughly?

Si te gusta, traduciré a español: Salga. No te deseamos aquí. Tu eres un idiota. Tu eres lleno de odio.

Please quote me where I have Gay Bashed...Provide a link as well...You are bearing false witness.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As offensive as this may be, it makes sense. Jesus told his followers to eat his body and drink his blood; according to Roman Catholic doctrine, the bread and wine actually become the body and blood of Christ, although the appearance does not change. So the Eucharist is an act of actual (not merely symbolic) cannibalism, elevated to a sacrament.
The transubstantiation is unique to Catholicism and the Eastern Orthodox church. I didn't learn about it until about 15 years ago and was quite frankly horrified. In most Protestant religions the bread and wine/grape juice are symbols of the body and blood of Christ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eucharist_%28Catholic_Church%29#Transubstantiation

It is shameful and offensive but it doesn't surprise me. After all, we're talking about the Folsom Street fair which is perhaps one of the biggest freak fests in existence. Excuse me, but that remark is extremely offensive. :mad::mad: Throughout history anything that's considered sacred will get attacked by haters. The difference is that in America you can get away it which is very different than some other countries. Is that a problem for you? "Piss Christ" by Andres Serrano was offensive as was Chris Olifi's "Black Madonna", so this is nothing new.
What is so offensive about Chris Olifi's "Black Madonna"? She's lovely and she isn't doing anything lude. :confused:

musclebutt2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have a hard time finding the handful of straight people there. :rolleyes:

Folsom is very inclusive, besides everyone dressed in bondage gear with a visible contingent of straights, there are also many young families present with heterosexual partners pushing children in strollers. The majority of sexualities are represented at Folsom. A more "gay" kink event is Dore Alley which has already occurred, while a more "straight" kink event is the upcoming Exotic Erotic Ball. Hope that clarification helps.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
If you want to offer a parallel, we could begin with:

"Shamefully Straight Afghan Taliban, Destroy Cultural and Religious Treasures!"

Let's see, there are some other groups that didn't tolerate homosexuals in their ranks. Hmm, there were the Nazis, and the Communists. Straight individuals that committed offensive acts... well, I'll just give you a couple. There was Jack the Ripper, Charles Manson, Ted Bundy, oh, whoops, I was only going to give two. Well, those are just for starters. I'm sure if you want to start stacking up stories of bad gay behaviour, against bad straight stories... Well, let's just say, that at the purported 10% of the population that the homosexuals occupy, your 90% buddies and gonna have one hell of a bigger and "badder" stack. Still wanna compare? :tongue:

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Lisadong is back! She is useing her signature----Frothing at the keyboard!

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
"The bread and wine representing Christ's broken body and lifegiving blood are replaced with sadomasochistic sex toys in this twisted version of Da Vinci's The Last Supper," CWA said on its Web site.

So? The CWA doesn't seem to know that The Last Supper is a not a consecrated relic. It's just a fucking painting; it's no more religious than a lawnmower.

Cowardly conservatives just don't like it because it's different. It's what they do.

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
So? The CWA doesn't seem to know that The Last Supper is a not a consecrated relic. It's just a fucking painting; it's no more religious than a lawnmower.

Cowardly conservatives just don't like it because it's different. It's what they do.
Thats why I would like to see the 13 emaciated jews by Da Vinci. How about the 13 emaciated gay men?
BTW, the ad campaign and photo are brilliant! Look what it's done already. I must thank the OP for giving us the oportunity to see this work of art!

gjorg

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
oh loosen up everybody. If God's offended she can take care of herself.
That, my friend is very twenty five years ago.:smile:Did you just come out of a coma?:smile:Didya just see it on a bumper sticker?

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Please quote me where I have Gay Bashed...Provide a link as well...You are bearing false witness.

Ummm, let's start with this thread, for example. It's simply meant to incite anger either at or by the gay people here -- it certainly doesn't seem to fit with the topic of this board which, for your information, is big dicks. This thread is a blatant attempt to bash gays, and you know it.

Just read through your posts and you'll see plenty of evidence that you don't like gay people and are more than happy to bash away:

You've said that gay sex is unnatural and that gay sex is immoral: "Simple, since the male body was NOT made to accommodate ''ANY PENIS'' don't do it. It is wrong and immoral..."

You've said "For one, sex is meant to be between a man and a woman..."

You've said: "There is no way...The thought of it wants to make me vomit...If any guy would let a man suck on his penis, then that dude was not straight, he was and is a closet queen, queer, gay, homosexual, what ever you want to call it.. YUK"

You've said "most Homosexuals are liberal and love people like the Iranian president."

You've said: "I mean all this time time you where under the illusion that you were a straight and normal dude and to find out you like penis; well it is a shock to you."

You've told gay men they have no credibility when it comes to opining on relationships, even gay relationships. "Sorry bucko, you have no credibilty to be giving advice since I do not see how a man who prefers men can even begin to have feelings for a women or a man for that matter. Women are made differently than men as God created them...He created Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve."

Look, there are plenty of cool straight guys here, comfortable in their sexuality (burns1de, Skull Mason, NIC_160IQ, Steve26, to name a very few) who would never make these kind of ridiculous statements. You clearly have a problem with gay men as evidenced by a majority of your posts here dealing with telling us homosexuality is wrong, immoral, sick and unnatural -- lesbians, for some reason, seem to escape your nastiness and judgement.

Perhaps, though, much is explained by this comment of yours: "Well, I really never knew as I have only been with my wife and my wife has only been with me." You are a sheltered, sad, delusional guy. Again, I think in your own lack of sexual experience, you might in fact be wondering why you didn't ever hook up with another guy. That's why you came to this website in the first place, isn't it? You need to look at cock and hang out with well-hung men.

You're the one bearing false witness. You know and everyone else does too. You think you're the first closet case to come in here and bash? The first guy we've dealt with who has internalized his homophobia?

We all know. It's cool. Now, step off.