Shampoo for very straight thin hair

Hand_Solo

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My girlfriend is the first gal I've ever been with who has very straight hair. Of course, like most women with straight hair, she wants lots of wave and body. Any recommendations on shampoo and or conditioner? She usually just buys cheapo crap at the discount market, but I'd like to get her something nice. Thanks in advance.

Reddhott

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Shampoo is not going to give her waves. They do have shampoos that are supposed to help with volume. Shampoo and conditioner can only do so much.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Well hello darling!

There are lots of volumizing shampoos on the market, but truly (as a women with the same issue), only a good layered cut will appear to add volume and waves.

And never cheap out on a stylist. Supercuts no. Get referrals and go to a decent place.

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I have hair down to my ass cheeks. The older I get the thinner it gets. Conditioner weighs hair down. I use only twice a week. I've recently changed my shampoo for colored hair to a Loreal line. The bottle is black with hot pink lettering. I decided to go with this blend because I noticed it thickens my hair. Good luck.

Never go cheap on hair products.

geek0

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I used to be a hairdresser and we used to use these products in the salon which I would recommend, they definitely make a difference but they are pricey compared to the average store bought.

Body Luxe | Joico Haircare

Also as la femme stated, a good haircut with layers would help. A good stylist should be able to recommend a style that will work best with her hair type.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Seriously, like LaFemme said, she needs to find a professional hairdresser who knows her/his stuff and will take care of her. And one she has to be happy with and listen to. This is an investment, so be ready to spend some money. You'll never find that in a bottle.

I know if I tried to take care of my hair myself it would be simply horrible. I get fussed at once a month by my guy. But the results are awesome so I take the beating.

babl

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Sea salt spray gives great waves to straight hair. Apply to dry hair and scrunch. Osis Dust It is also a favorite product of mine. Adds volume to the roots. And, as suggested, good shampoo and conditioner. I like Brocato.