Shape of glans visible under foreskin?

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media

There is a thread (several in fact) about the shape of the glans, which got me thinking.

If a man is circumcised, or has the foreskin pulled back, it’s easy to see what shape it is, but what about when the foreskin is covering the glans? In some cases you can see the outline of the glans quite clearly under the foreskin, but in others there is hardly any outline at all. It seems to depend more on the shape of the glans than the length of the foreskin.

Can you see the outline of your glans clearly under the skin? I can.

Ewan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I certainly can - surely it depends on the size if the glans and how prominent the ridge is between the head and the shaft ?

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I guy I know said he had a book that listed three names for shapes of the glans. Prowl was the name for the pointy shape. Blunt for the blunt kind of flat tip. Bottle for the flared rim shape. The names sound kind of crazy to me - you gotta start with some kind of naming system I suppose. People like to name things so they can discuss them.

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
If you glan is not completely free when you are hard then you are suffering phymosis and need surgery

I should have mentioned that I was only thinking of seeing the outline of the foreskin when you are soft.

For those who are lucky enough to have a very long foreskin and remain covered even in erection, the outline must be very pronounced.

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
I guy I know said he had a book that listed three names for shapes of the glans. Prowl was the name for the pointy shape. Blunt for the blunt kind of flat tip. Bottle for the flared rim shape. The names sound kind of crazy to me - you gotta start with some kind of naming system I suppose. People like to name things so they can discuss them.

The original thread about the shape of the glans was here

http://www.lpsg.org/the-healthy-penis/29302-shape-of-the-glans.html

Interesting names, but I'm not sure that they correspond to what had been discussed. I'm not sure for example if I'm a prowl or a bottle. One man suggested bell shape. I think I'm more like a long acorn (but that might be because in French it's the same word!)

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If you glan is not completely free when you are hard then you are suffering phymosis and need surgery
Suggesting surgery is medical advice. Are you qualified to give medical advice? If so, please state your certification.

Back to O/P:

Yes, I can see an outline of my corona [a/k/a ridge] and glans through my foreskin. My corona is wider than the shaft either flaccid or erect. I have a regrown foreskin via "foreskin restoration". I figure my original would do same but I have no way of being certain.

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
PDS Over certainly has an excellent point of reference. His foreskine covers the glans on one of his gallery pictures. The shape of the flared glans and the ridge at the base are certainly visible. A lot to be proud of.

chico8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
PDS Over certainly has an excellent point of reference. His foreskine covers the glans on one of his gallery pictures. The shape of the flared glans and the ridge at the base are certainly visible. A lot to be proud of.

I agree!

There's nothing hotter than the ridge of the glans being visible under foreskin. It's really hot when the dick is hard. Love seeing bulging foreskin.

Mine is also visible. But not as pronounced as PDS Over's.

Bootyman

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In my case both the shape and the ridge are visible under the foreskin in flaccid state...:wink:

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Can you see the outline of your glans clearly under the skin? I can.

I can as well. I've got a loose, long foreskin overhanging a thick mushroom, and you can definitely tell what I've got, even through my underwear.

Ionto

Sexy Member
Media
Different shower arrangement after my workout last night – 6 open showers in two rows, so everyone is in close proximity. That makes comparison easy.. and tempting!

Of the 15 or so I saw, about a third had the outline of the glans very clearly visible under the skin, which stood out from the rest of the cock. About another third there was virtually no difference in thickness, but you could distinguish the glans under the skin. And the other third you could see no difference at all – just like a bigger version of a child’s penis.

Would this small sample seem typical ?

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media

I have seen that book. It has been around a long time. Oh, the pointy one is not "Prowl" but "Prow". Like the prow of a ship.

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
My glans is very visible through my foreskin. My foreskin is thick but it is still visible. Most of the guys I see at the gym have a glans that you can see through the skin. There are a couple though that it looks as if they don't have one.

S

SirConcis

Visibility of the glans' shape through the foreskin depends on the thickness of the foreskin. Guys with thin foreskins (generally also short foreksins) tend to show a more pronounced shape through the foreskin. A thick foreskin tends to attenuate the shape of the glans, especially at the rim. A guy with very large glans will still show through a thick foreksin, but if would show even more if the skin were thin.