shared jockstraps at gym

Reddhott

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No where did you say some this infers you meant all

Agreed anything loaned out should be laundered before reuse.

You never said some in your previous post

I think she did :rolleyes:

I can't control what you infer but I didn't imply any such thing. And no, I didn't mean all. If I had, I would have actually used the word.

OscarM

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"Gay guys can be so gross".

Although she didn't say all or some, the "can" implies that not all gay guys are gross. Now if red said "Gay guys are so gross", that would have been different.

Feminine guys can be gay.
Feminine guys are gay.
There's a difference.

Exbiker

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
"Gay guys can be so gross".

Although she didn't say all or some, the "can" implies that not all gay guys are gross. Now if red said "Gay guys are so gross", that would have been different.

Feminine guys can be gay.
Feminine guys are gay.
There's a difference.

Not necessarily. 'Can' has more than one meaning. And it depends whether you are attempting to analyse in terms of strict propositional calculus, or whether you would include conversational implicatures, which are socially mediated :wink:

So- for example:

-all gay men can sometimes be gross.
-some gay men are always / often gross.
-gay men can be ( have permission to be ) gross.

- I have a sample of one gay man arguably being slightly unusual and I intend to use that to imply something more broad. Whether other people's inferences match my implications or possible implications is of course nothing at all to do with me, even though the utterance was mine ...

It's complicated.

:wink:

Last edited:

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It would not bother me if the items of apparel are all freshly laundered. I think it is all in the mind. After all, if you would use the towel they provide - thereby you have accepted that the towels had been washed - why not the other items? You do rub your cock and balls dry with the (assumed clean) towels, don't you?

If they were not washed, or if there are cum stains on them, I would be hesitant to wear them.

On similar lines, am I correct to assume certain colleges arrange for the player's football and other games kit to be wash communally? It the players were not put off then, I would presume they would not be put off now.

coutter

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had this at college from 2002-2006. went to the athletic center got your workout gear and returned when you needed it washed. Very normal for me

Kallos

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The downtown YMCA in Houston used to have the same setup with shirts, shorts, socks and jocks for an extra $15 a month. In fact, I think you were the odd man out if you didn't wear a jock. Seems everyone in the locker room had a jock on.

Reactions: jockinajock

SCSea

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
That's the entire reason Bike used to have stripes on the waistband - the number of red stripes made it easier to sort them out after communal laundry.

Reactions: jockinajock

martin60018

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I find it just a little odd that some guys with supposedly big dick n balls here and females would find it odd to want to wear a used jockstrap. If anyone HAD real balls here, big or not, and actually worked out in a gym. You would understand the need for it. I'd say 90% of truly hung men would want some sort of support, jock or compression or whatever. Hell, I am not hung but still dont like my nuts jangling around when running or doing leg presses. (If you never have seriously worked out you are excused for not understanding) Once I got pinched doing double sided dumbell raises for my shoulder, they came down and crushed my head (yes the small one) I was bruised for weeks if not months. So now I ALWAYS wear a jock and usually another tights over that under my baggies, everything is really snug in place when working out.
Cant say much about females working out, but I guess a really big breasted woman running or bouncing on the eliptical would have the same thing if not wearing a sport bra or bra at all. ????? cant help us gay guys love to work out and the smell of sweat is a turn on, especially jockstrap smell.

mkedude25

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I wish my gym offered workout gear and jocks that were laundered. Would make it a lot more convenient for mid day workouts!

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wish my gym offered workout gear and jocks that were laundered. Would make it a lot more convenient for mid day workouts!
For sure!... I don't get what the problem is with guys that are squeamish about sharing gear... It's not our grandfathers' YMCA's anymore!... :(

D

deleted300444

Here is my 2 cents...worth $5.00!

What is the big deal? As OP said,we wipe our face, ass, and balls with laundered gym towels anyway.

Id love it if I did not need to carry a gym bag and could pick up clothing items, shorts shirt jock and socks and discard when I left. No problem. No hang up.

martin60018

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
,we wipe our face, ass, and balls with laundered gym towels anyway.

dont forget we wipe the bench with asscrack (post shitting) sweat with those gym towels.

and if you sit on the machine post pussy workout, you get cunt juice sweat

so what is the big deal? rofl :biggrin1::biggrin1::biggrin1: