Sharing a bed with straight guys

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
It isn't a big deal. I have a queen sized bed and I've had a couple of my straight guy friends crash in it. It was simply because (a) they were too drunk to drive home, (b) the bed's comfortable and the floor isn't so much, and (c) they're secure enough to take one side of the bed and I'll take the other. Never mind that I'm not trying to reach over and spoon 'em. If you don't make it a sexual issue, then it won't be a sexual issue, and as a matter of practicality, your friends probably wouldn't care that much.

Of course you indicated that you're attracted (physically, I guess?) to some of your male friends, and that's just something you're going to have to sort through on your own. You know that if you make a move and if it isn't reciprocated, then it's going to be really uncomfortable for the both of you. On the flip side, if they're interested in some physical contact, then they're going to give you a sign; just watch for it.

cute5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you expect to have that many guests, just get a twin-sized bed. Much better than sleeping on the floor and it works for a great seating area during the day.

playainda336

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Get the best bed for you. If they come over, don't mess up your friendship by trying to do anything to 'em. If they're pretty secure in their sexuality then they'll hop in the bed. If they're not, they'll get on the floor. Either way you'll be comfortable, right?

I've slept in the same bed as other guys many times before. It's not that big a deal. Only reason I wouldn't now is because I can find some place more comfortable where I can spread out. In fact, I've slept in a bed with an openly gay man before. We weren't sleeping together and it was much more comfortable than the floor. It was all cool.

Omegaman

Sexy Member
Media
When I was a teenager and visiting my Uncle I would sleep the opposite way to him. I was more comfort for both of us. It just seems more manly thing to do. One night I could remember him getting up when I didn't know about wet dreams and take off his boxer in the dark and went back to sleep.

The other rule in the book was that if you were nake in front of another man don't bend over to show your ass in his face. Turn to the side and dry off. What you other guys do if your friends or male relatives come over. I have heard about friends sharing the urinal together.

Omegaman

Sexy Member
Media
There was a time when we have more guest from Michigan that we could handle. I gave up my twin bed to a adult man and sleep on the carpet in my room. I wake up to use the restroom and saw he was sleeping with a huge hard on...must be having a wonderful dream.

PowayWolfman

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Most of my buds are strait, and know im bisexual.. If one of them ends up staying the night, 99%of the time we just sleep on the same bed. We are all men, and weather Strait, bi, or gay we all know a hard-on or two is going to happen. If your true friends, your going to know were you stand with each-other and it really wont be a big deal. But, maybe my buds and me are just use to being naked around each-other. Between off roading, snow boarding, and the beach.. Seems someone is always naked around us.

warmhorizon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Why is this such a big deal? Just get the queen (Sprawling room is vital in sleep I find!) and then if you've got a sofa offer them the bed and stay on the sofa. There are three possible outcomes:
1. You sleep on the sofa they have your bed.
2. They insist on taking the sofa, you have the bed and they like you more for giving them the choice.
3. They INSIST you share the queen bed with them. That way they will think it was their idea.

Although in my experience I've had loads of my straight friends stay over, girls and boys, and they always want to share the bed. Then again it is a wicked awesome bed. :smile: Plus they know I'm a sleep-hugger and none of them mind when I wake up with my arms around them. It's not a sexy thing, just that's how I sleep. :redface:

The best thing as well is this means you have a queen all to yourself when they don't stay round, which is about 90% of the time. And besides, Bunkbed? How old are you, 12? :tongue:

FieldRatt9

Expert Member
Media
I always have a King Size Bed. Being ex-military I've had vet friends over and we shared bed, if necessary nude, non-nude. We slept together in the field and everything else. Must be a different mind set. I guess there is a "line" you don't cross but Band Of Brothers is more than just a movie. Doesn't bother me at all to share space, bed or anywhere really.

JackbytheSea

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Most of your str8 friends are fine with the couch (or should be, IF they're really str8). When it comes time to retire, just toss him a pillow and a blankie. You can go, "Let me know, if you need anything," if you just want to be polite.

No self-respecting str8 guy gets hissy about being given the couch - ever. If he does, you may get a knock on your bedroom door that you don't want, .. if you know what I mean. :wink:

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I finally got a home so I bought the biggest bed I could get--California King. Sometimes my nephew spends the night with me. The bed is big enough that we don't even touch at all. Not a big deal if we do, I've been hugging him ever since he was a little boy, but the bed is big enough that being squished isn't a possibility. You can sleep three comfortably if you don't mind being in physical contact.

I went on a van trip with a bunch of guys one time and I found out I was actually the uncomfortable one. I had to mellow. When you get sleepy, you sleep. It doesn't matter where or with whom you sleep. But, one of the most uncomfortable nights I ever spent was in a hotel room bed with my mother. I never have figured out why that was weird exactly. Since I never did it again, there's no point in figuring it out. Now that I think about it, I slept in the same bed with a boss one time and that was uncomfortable. I think the formula is that if they are uncomfortable, you will be. Vice versa too.

But if you don't know about your future living arrangements, stick with a futon or something portable. I slept on the floor with a camping mattress or some kind of pad for years. If you have a friend over, just throw out another pad or a pile of blankets.

jeff black

Expert Member
Media
JackbytheSea said:
I just don't see your average guy bitchin about the couch - seriously. Gay or str8.

Nah, you are right.. if they dont' like sleeping wiht you.. show 'em the couch... they will quickly realize the bed is the best offer. And you can always do the.. one person on top of the sheets... one under them.

Meniswallow

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
well when i was in my last year in high school...i had 2 friends who would always spend the nite at my place....one of them would sleep on the couch and the other would sleep in bed with me...though he would sleep on top of the covers and me underneath. he did this several times, so i guess it depends on the person. he was str8 mind u.

cgttown

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I remember an incident from college that reminds me of your question/dilemma. I'm mostly straight, but have experimented with some buds before, and I will admit admiring the nice male physique. One day when I was in college, a friend had to stay over at my apartment because we were getting up early to go to some event. (I don't remember the particulars). I had a full sized bed in my room and there was a couch, although it was probably more like loveseat size.

I told him he was welcome to sleep on the other side of my full size or he could take the couch, his choice. He slept with me, and I do remember getting a bit excited as he stripped to his jockey shorts and climbed into bed. Although I usually sleep in the buff, I did put on a pair of gym shorts out of courtesy. He didn't seem to mind and we slept with no problems.

I've shared beds with lots of straight guys including ski trips and conferences when I was in high school and college. Unless the guy was real restless when he slept, it never was a problem. I remember one guy who I'd shared a bed with on an event or two meeting me as I got off the bus at a weekend conference. He called out, "Hey, Chuck, don't forget you're sleeping with me tonight, ok? I don't want anybody else." It sounded awkward, and we both got a laugh from it, but it was no big deal.