Sharing Hotel Rooms

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I can't believe you guys have to share rooms when traveling on business, I've never had to share a room.

You must work for a cheap ass company. When you're traveling on a job your work is a prescribed number of hours -- salaried or non-salaired -- and the hours you are not expected to work are yours. However, many employers think your their slave and expect you to be at their beck and call 24/7 on the road. You are not. You should tell your employer that you expect to have your own, single room. If your working for a company based in the USA and your boss balks at the idea, remind him that company travel expenses are deductible on his or her company/corporate taxes. Also, if you acquire skymiles in your name or other perqs for staying at a particular hotel, keep them. You are being inconvenienced by being away from home and family. Any company policy that says you must turn over your skymiles is a company not worth working for. They obviously assume you are: 1. Stupid, 2. Should be treated like a child, 3. Gullible enough to go along with their odd policies and that your worried about losing your job if you don't comply.

Don't buy any of that shit!

I own and operate my own LLC in the USA and would NEVER ask an employee to share a room with the possible exception of one situation. For example, if you're going to a trade show in Las Vegas on the order of COMDEX all the rooms in the entire area are purchased in advance by COMDEX and not only do they charge more than the rooms are actually worth, there is a limited number of them. Therefore, if two employees needed to be at such a trade show and my company could only book a double room because two rooms were not available, then and only then would I consider asking employees if they would mind sharing a room with a coworker of the same sex.

Otherwise, I'd go find a better outfit to work for.

Good grief, some people's children!:eek:

Tanvir

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
A little planning avoids this silly conflict. Just tell your bunkie when you'll be up and about, take care of your bathing/dressing or whatever and be done with it. It won't kill you to put some damn shorts on for bedtime, so do it,....and it won't kill your bunkie to avert his eyes while you dress if he's so sheepish about seeing another naked man. Insane!

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Just wear boxers to bed, and once you are underneath covers take them off.

I have had to shear a bed on a sport team trip, and it was totally fine, I slept in boxer briefs and so did everyone else. It was 4 of us, so 2 to a bed. It was fine, and I was surprised I didnt steal the covers, since that is my worst habit.

PinkSteel

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I used to work out of town on a crew and I've shared rooms many times.
I usually just strip down to undies, prop up the 2 pillows and watch some tv.
Just b4 getting into bed I usually just drop the undies and get under the sheets.
BUT
I have on occastion been with someone shy and goes to the bathroom to even change shirts. People are all raised differently and you should be able to respect that. In these situations, I sometimes just sleep in my underwear, sometimes not, it all depends on how well the two of you get along.
I've had some who end up walking around nude in the room as I do while others wear pajamas and continue doing all their changing in the bathroom.

I say, "Play it by ear". If it's comfortable between the two of you it's no big deal.

Tanvir

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I think two grown men sharing a room and dressing under towels is ridiculous! In a crowded lockerroom, this anxiety can be excused, but between only two guys-it's madness. Tell this prude to turn his damn head, while you dress. I shared a room with a very prudish sort from L.A. once, and that was our system...turn your head! I couldn't believ he was from LA behaving this way.

nydodgersfan

Experimental Member
Media
We ended up both sleeping in underwear. He had the tighty whitey's I had boxers. Brief nudity when he came out of the shower and finished drying off. Nothing really uncomfortable about it.

perthjames

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I shared accommodation with some colleagues many years ago. There was about five guys in a large room together - bunk style. We all just wore regular underwear - briefs. The only embarassing bit for one guy was that he'd obviously cum during his sleep and his jocks were pretty wet when he got out of bed that morning.

Scott14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
In that situation I'll wear a T-shirt and running shorts to bed, then once I'm under the covers and the lights are out, I slip out of the shorts. I'm so used to sleeping with nothing on that's restricting me (and all those spontaneous erections during the night) that it's difficult to get to sleep when I got shorts on.

Then I will just slip them back on when I wake up before I get out of bed.

I will usually bring my bath towel to my bedside before I'm getting in bed, still pretending to be drying off my face, etc. Then, in the morning I I have a friggin hard-on going on, I can walk to the bathroom carrying my big bulky towel back with me!

It looks natural, and that nasty "morning-wood bulge" is well hidden from my co-worker!

nubian

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
A friend and I shared a hotel room this weekend. We both put on undies in the bathroom after showering, but did the rest of the dressing in the main room.

At first, he was going to sleep in his jeans, but after seeing me shirtless in gym shorts, he decided to do boxers and a t-shirt as well.

I love sleeping naked when at home, but know when you are out with others, gotta be respectful of them.

TinyPrincess

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a business trip coming up and will be sharing a room with a co-worker I don't know all that well. I never sleep in pajamas but should I get some for sleeping for this trip? Normally I sleep nude or in briefs if I share a room with my dad or a friend, but this guy I don't know.

Geez, what a crappy company - get a new job. No employer should save 10 bucks on a hotel

HiJinx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had to room with a married co-worker once because the travel dept didn't get the reservations correct and the hotel was booked up so it would be a couple days before we could get separate rooms. The room had 2 queen sized beds.

When getting ready for bed, I just told him that I sleep nude, stripped down and got under the covers. He said "you called it" and stripped too. After that we were pretty comfortable around each other. When we got separate rooms, he came by to watch some tv, I had been laying on the bed nude, he kept clothed but came in and watched a movie. The next night, I went to his room and he was nude. No big deal between the two of us and no sex went on.

nubian

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I had to room with a married co-worker once because the travel dept didn't get the reservations correct and the hotel was booked up so it would be a couple days before we could get separate rooms. The room had 2 queen sized beds.

When getting ready for bed, I just told him that I sleep nude, stripped down and got under the covers. He said "you called it" and stripped too. After that we were pretty comfortable around each other. When we got separate rooms, he came by to watch some tv, I had been laying on the bed nude, he kept clothed but came in and watched a movie. The next night, I went to his room and he was nude. No big deal between the two of us and no sex went on.

Nice! I dunno if i could be so bold.