Sharing Rooms

B_IanTheTall

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Jeez -- I HATE companies that do that to employees. They send you out of town, away from your wife or significant other, make you eat garbage for food, be away from your tv and other toys, then they make you share a room!!!! Terrible. Like you're in college all over. What cheap-ass outfit treats people like that? You're adults, and should be treated with more dignity than that. I keep a tight rein on my company budget, but when I send people out of town for anything, they get first class treatment. The best hotels, full taxi reimbursement, quality restaurants, a healthy entertainment tab, and comp time, too, to spend some make up time with their families. Tell the boss either you get first class treatment or quit. BTW, in the last five years I have had zero percent turnover in employees. Happy Employees = Good Business.

How very true!!!
The ONLY time employees should share rooms is if they are spouses or domestic partners. When I've been in charge of the budget, it was nice hotels, good food (it was understood that this was with in reason, no $200 bottles of wine), full travel reimbursement (coach air, unless you used your miles). Everyone was happy and more got done. Plus, there was no risk of sexual harassment claims.

shyguyftl

Sexy Member
Media
I had the oppourtunity in the early 90's to do 3 straight weeks of tradeshows in Orlando. The company I worked for sent down so many of us, we were all forced to share a room, with no choice in roomates. I think I happened to get lucky that I got matched with a guy from our Atlanta office who was very laid back. It was one of those 2 room suites with a living room, little hallway, then a bedroom with 2 double beds. Both rooms had there own TV, but no door inbetween to keep quiet. We got along great, and almost settled into a routine every night like an old couple. The first we we were still formal with each other when it came to changing clothes in front of each other, and shutting the bathroom door when using it.
But by week 2, we had turned into college roomates. We would get back to the room in the evening. Sit around in our boxers and t's or pj's and veg out talking while watching tv everynight. We even got so casual with each other that we weren't closing the bathroom door when pissing or showering.
It was some point that second week he went in to take a shower, and when he was done, just came out of the bathroom and plopped on the bed in just a bath towel. Now I got no vibe that this guy was gay at all, just very laid back. So I never would have thought of making a move on him. But that night, as we laid on our seperate beds, watching TV, and talking, every time he shifted on his bed, his robe would open up a diffrent way. So for a couple of hours, I kept getting different views of his dick. He never touched, and I never saw it get hard or anything (although I was), It was just a casual accident that it was showing. Then after a few hours, we went to bed, and nothing happened.
By the third week, you would have thought we were a cross between a frat house and a nudist colony. Niether one of wore much besides boxers when in the room (and we were seriously low on clothes too). And towards the end of the week, he asked me one night if he could have the room for a few hours for the evening if it was ok. I told him no problem and egged him to find out if he was bringing back a date to the room. I never did get a clear answer out of him. And when i teased later that night, all he said was he needed 5 minutes of privacy to jerk off. Which you know I teased him for.
Were still biz friends to this date, and travel alot together, but have never had the chance to share a room again.

Sorry if you thought there would be more juicy to this event, but thats all that happened, and I'm bored at work right now.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Just put your briefs/boxers on before getting out of the bathroom. I don't think it is a really big deal to change pants and shirt in front of a co-worker.

I don't think that it's really a case of flashing your bits around in front of someone else, it's just about having a bit of privacy. If you're in a well-paid job and beyond college age then it shouldn't be expected that you will double up on business trips - there are times when you just need to have some space to yourself, without someone else imposing themself upon you; time to chill out after the working day, walk about naked if you want, play the television loud, make personal phone calls etc etc. If some penny-pinching company bean-counter can't find the money to provide you with 'home from home' conditions whilst you're away on their behalf then they're not worth working for.

thereisalight

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Turnover will reduce and morale will pay back ten-fold if the company kicks in a little extra $$$ for people to have individual rooms. I've changed the policy in two other companies and it was one of the best things that affected most everyone but...

Ten years ago, before the policy was changed, I had to share a room with my boss. I would have felt better had it been a peer but my boss -- that was so weird. I shaved, showered, dressed and was out of the room in record time (and before he even woke up). When he arrived to the meeting he said "hey, you certainly are an early bird." My co-workers knew exactly why I was early for the meeting.