Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I've grown to love the sweet dull ache of past heartbreaks, I suppose because I can channel that pain or emotional insight into my work as a painter I have a positive way of dealing with it and I wouldn't be me without that pain and I love me so I have to love the heartache which is a part of who I am.

Past heartbreaks aren't really a problem until current heartbreak/depression is caked on top of it. I don't really have an outlet for any of these feelings though, so I usually try to find a way to distract myself.

I'm sorry you've been hurt in the past Pendy, you're such a sweet person I can't understand why that should be so. Keep on loving though, fully and as often as your heart tells you to, it's what makes you who you are. :redface:

Thank you, that's sweet of you.

Siblings/some family members, several friends, couple of ppl I've loved in the past. There's a couple of ppl on here I'm very fond of, too (in a friendship sense).

I do tend to love quite easily, but I sometimes put too much into it and scare myself off. By and large, I retain affection for people I've connected with. On the odd occasion something long-term and damaging has happened, and in that instance the only way I can deal with it is to cut myself off until the damage is rectified. Er...anyway... *rambles*.

B_RedDude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I once read of a study that found that Catholics have the most volatile personalities, followed by Jews, and then Protestants. I would say the study was done in the last 20-25 years.

Be grateful for your WASP reserve, BBucko. As much as I'm ashamed to admit it, my mother had a first generation Sicilian-American for a father and a family of eight siblings. Need I say more? This is some "social learning" that I could have well done without. I must admit, though, that I have, in the past, accused Protestants (at least in my head) of being emotionally constipated. No offense intended.

My oldest friend was raised in the Presbyterian church (I grew up Catholic) and I was struck by how uncommunicative he and his boyfriend were about things for being in an intimate relationship. Then, again, it could been have individual issues.

I'm all just bottled-up WASP with enough French Canadian (not a warm-and-fuzzy demographic) to have made my paternal grandmother of some creeping ethnicity oozing into the bloodline. . .Of course, the Irish are known for a certain, ahem, temperament, as well; perhaps you needn't look quite so afield for rationalizing a degree of emotionalism I can only wish I shared. You can tell when a WASP is upset by his/her chilly obsequiousness, not by any flashes of anger, which would be most unseemly and untoward.

It's certainly a Catholic trait, Spanish, Italian, Irish etc I think. But my Englishness acts like a pressure cooker lid on it... contradictory.

Last edited:

Empathizer

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I love my little sister.

I love my LPSG pals and satellite groups thereof.

I love anyone who puts up with my shit long enough to help me (Lookin' at you, O inspiration for my signature! And the guy who sat next to him!), anyone who really knows me and is still not repulsed...

I love like you do, Hil... Rapture overtaketh like a drowning wave and spitteth out none until it be sated (my faux Shakespeare/Addison & Steele/ A. Pope voice). In fact, I don't tend towards spitting at all (Too Much Information? Tough!). I love because if I didn't I would lose too many of the true gems in life. I think I might be turning into Julia Ward Howe in my middle years, a fact which disturbs me no end (okay. A Julia Ward Howe who likes leather a LOT :biggrin: ). I love because an artist (yea, even that which worketh in the grey-and-cream vineyards of the Printed Word) must love with an open heart or crust over and become cicatrized with embedded stones in every wound. I love because love is the net which is a fisher of mankind (yeah, so I plagiarized that Josh guy from Nazareth. Who hasn't?), and it is only when cast as widely as possible that it fisheth the most of the worthies.

I love because Approach With Love works little Magicks in every corner of my life, because "Give Up On That One" is not an easy phrase for me to mouth, because my deceased brother-in-arms, E.M. Forster, said that we ought "Only" to "connect."

Even those who don't believe in God believe in Him, because God is Love, so "Love" is one of His Names, and most of the world believes in Love, so most of the world believes in God. We who share this faith are a happy crew, even in our melancholy. Amen.