Shatner may get to be in a "Star Trek" production after all...

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
...but only if he RSVPs very, very soon! It seems Mr Sulu is getting married at long last! I wish George Takei (Sulu) and his lover of 21 years, Brad Altman, all the best for the future - and with their nuptials!
Boldly going down the aisle, Sulu and his gay lover to wed

Article

Star Trek actor George Takei – who played Lieutenant Sulu – will today marry in one of California’s first gay ceremonies.

The 71-year-old actor will wed long-term partner Brad Altman, surrounded by stars of the cult sci-fi series.

Actress Nichelle Nichols, who was Lieutenant Uhura, will be ‘best lady’, while Walter Koenig – better known as Chekhov – is best man.

Also on the guest list is Spock – actor Leonard Nimoy. But William Shatner, who played Captain Kirk, is not expected after he failed to reply to a late invitation.

The couple have lived together for 21 years and were the first to buy a £40 marriage licence in West Hollywood after gay weddings became legal. Takei said: ‘We are overjoyed, ecstatic.’

Deno

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
...but only if he RSVPs very, very soon! It seems Mr Sulu is getting married at long last! I wish George Takei (Sulu) and his lover of 21 years, Brad Altman, all the best for the future - and with their nuptials!
Boldly going down the aisle, Sulu and his gay lover to wed

Article

Star Trek actor George Takei – who played Lieutenant Sulu – will today marry in one of California’s first gay ceremonies.

The 71-year-old actor will wed long-term partner Brad Altman, surrounded by stars of the cult sci-fi series.

Actress Nichelle Nichols, who was Lieutenant Uhura, will be ‘best lady’, while Walter Koenig – better known as Chekhov – is best man.

Also on the guest list is Spock – actor Leonard Nimoy. But William Shatner, who played Captain Kirk, is not expected after he failed to reply to a late invitation.

The couple have lived together for 21 years and were the first to buy a £40 marriage licence in West Hollywood after gay weddings became legal. Takei said: ‘We are overjoyed, ecstatic.’

The ceremony already happened like 2 months ago didn't it. And has nothing to do with the Star Trek movie production, they got married the very first day it was enacted.

Last edited:

Runco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The ceremony already happened like 2 months ago didn't it. And has nothing to do with the Star Trek movie production, they got married the very first day it was enacted.

I know it had nothing to do with Star Trek! It was just a play on the fact that Shatner was bitching about not being in the new Star Trek movie. Here is a Star Trek (ish!) wedding (production!) that he could be involved in, if only as a spectator! I had no idea when they got married - I didn't dig that deep. But since you brought it up I checked and they are actually getting hitched today - 14 September. The date confusion may be down to the fact that they were the first gay couple to apply for a marriage license after gay weddings became legal in California but they did not marry at that time.

I'm confused.

Hopefully you get it now!

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know it had nothing to do with Star Trek! It was just a play on the fact that Shatner was bitching about not being in the new Star Trek movie. Here is a Star Trek (ish!) wedding (production!) that he could be involved in, if only as a spectator! I had no idea when they got married - I didn't dig that deep. But since you brought it up I checked and they are actually getting hitched today - 14 September. The date confusion may be down to the fact that they were the first gay couple to apply for a marriage license after gay weddings became legal in California but they did not marry at that time.

Hopefully you get it now!
So let me get this straight-hmm...perhaps that's the wrong word-you're saying Shatner is miffed that Takei didn't propose to him on the deck of The Enterprise while Chekov proclaimed the values of Russian wheat over Vulcan squash? Highly illogical.