Shave my head again?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by IntoxicatingToxin, Oct 14, 2007.

1. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

So, my whole life, every time I've hated my hair, I just wait until I come across some cash and get it cut/dyed whatever. But since I shaved my head back in March, and realized that it really doesn't look half bad on me, I've been really wanting to shave it again. I hate my hair in its current state. It needs to be shorter, but I can't think of any styles I really would want, and I don't even know when I'll have enough cash to afford to get it cut again. Should I just shave it again, or am I being a bit impulsive?

2. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    TMM -- wait!!!

The problem with women shaving their heads is that people think that you have some terrible disease! (I know it's unfair, but it's a fairly common misconception.)

Hair can be a PAIN -- but it can also be fun. Google for beauty schools in your area. They cut/style/color your hair for free or very cheap, and if you still don't like it, then you can shave it. :wink:

Another option is to Halloween up your hair.

3. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

When my head was shaved before, most people thought I was just gay. :tongue:

I've been to beauty schools for haircuts before, and they are very cheap, but again with the money thing... I'm an unemployed single mom and a full time student. :smile: I have zero dollars.

The only downfalls of having my head shaved before were... the fact that most people thought I was gay, the guys I were interested in didn't like girls with shaved heads... and that horribly awkward stage when your hair starts to grow back but you can't do anything with it yet? Like when it's 2-3 inches long. Bleh.

4. Osiris

Gold Member

Hotmilf is right. I think you are reacting to the current life upheaval you just went through. Wait a bit until life is back to sane, then visit it again.

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Get really impulsive and go to a stylist, telling him or her to surprise you.

6. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Don't shave it. If you want something different have a friend buzz the sides (not too short) and leave the middle long, (gel it up) and you will have a Faux-hawk.

7. Principessa

Gold Member

8. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL -- I'm sure you did look great. You have very even features and a nicely shaped skull.

But... if you want guys in your life, well then.... :wink:

My only remaining suggestion is to try HATS. Hats are trusty companions that cover up all sorts of bad hair days! Not only that, they're stylish! (My oldest son and daughter are sooooo addicted to hats and especially berets).

With fall upon us, there couldn't be a better time to indulge in hats. I know you only have zero dollars, but my kids borrow friends' hats, and you only need one or two cool berets or fedoras...and I bet you could really carry off one of those Reggae berets...

like this

this

or this

and I bet you even have a friend who could crochet one!

9. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

The only positive reason I have right now is that it's easy to take care of when it's shaved. No brushing, no styling, nothing. My main problem with hair is styling it. I have zero ability to do so. I am not girly, have never been girly, and will probably never be girly... I'm one of those unlucky girls that just never figured out how to style hair. I have a drawer FULL of a bazillion hair styling products and I just can't make any of them work. Many were suggested to me by hair stylists after cutting and styling my hair with those very same products... but when I use the products myself, nothing goes right. I also have yet to find a hairstylist who can cut my hair in such a way that it looks good without needing to be styled. I tell them time and time again, that I can't style hair, so my hair needs to have its own style... and they end up cutting it so that I just need a little pomade or something. I can't use pomade! It looks stupid every time I do it! But, on the flip side, my hair is horribly plain and fine. It does nothing on its own except lay there. So I don't know what to do. I want my hair to look good with as little work as humanly possible. I have yet to find a hairstyle that I can replicate. I just think life would be easier if it were shaved, is all.

10. Not_Punny

Gold Member

Albums:
    hats.... no hats...? :redface:

11. Principessa

Gold Member

Yadda, yadda, yadda. :tongue: I'm sorry but now that you have explained your reasoning it sounds like a cop out.

Since you have fine hair, have you considered a body wave?

Don't y'all have Super Cuts in the midwest? You need to tell the sylist your hair issues before she picks up the scissors. Also make sure she understands that whatever style she gives you must be easy for you to replicate. Don't let her spin you around so you can't see the mirror. Better yet ask for the hand mirror so that you can see what she is doing as she does it.

12. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Your hair looks fine as the pics in the gallery show. I loved that one pic of you you had in your galley at one time. You had a different hair style. Remember? A different hair color or something. I think short hair brings out the facial features more on eveyone

13. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Yes, I remember. :smile: It was when I had dyed my hair red!! Maybe I should just let my hair grow out again. It looked good in that pic.

14. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I told you how nice you looked and you took the pic down. Whats with dat?:biggrin1: I didnt go to N.Y.U. but i can take a hint LMAO:tongue:

15. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

LOL! Oh, it was nothing against you, dearheart. :smile: After I shaved my head, I realized that since I don't look like that anymore, I shouldn't be advertising myself as that person. But I still have the pic. :smile:

16. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

I know im only playing. Lovely pic of you. I seem to remember telling you to use that for your avatar.:smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted