Shaved body in the Air Force?

SyddyKitty

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Is a shaved pubic area somehow received as a "hey, this guy is gay" flag or is it something one shouldn't worry about either way? Just a quick question since I'm entering the Reserves and soon moving on to Active Duty.

Last edited:

SlackR22

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
It doesn't matter dude. ONce you've been through basic training and tech school you really don't have to take community showers. If anyone is checking out your pubic area, their sexuality is in question not yours. Honestly, if I had a way to subtly point out that I was gay during basic and tech school, especially tech school, I would have.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Many men shave, I don't think it will be a big deal. Also, when you are masturbating in the community shower, few will give the shave a second glance and instead be more focused on your junk. ;)

pecsofsteel

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, the Air Force will check you regularly for pubes. If they suspect that you shave, they will put you on "hair watch" for two weeks to see if any hair grows back. During this time, you will be closely monitored so that you don't have access to razors, wax, tweezers, or any other hair-removing implements. If, after the two week hair watch, you start to grow hairs, it proves that you are a shaver, and they send you to Gitmo.

Hope this helps.

calliesdad1

Just Browsing
Media
Yes, the Air Force will check you regularly for pubes. If they suspect that you shave, they will put you on "hair watch" for two weeks to see if any hair grows back. During this time, you will be closely monitored so that you don't have access to razors, wax, tweezers, or any other hair-removing implements. If, after the two week hair watch, you start to grow hairs, it proves that you are a shaver, and they send you to Gitmo.

Hope this helps.

That's funny!! I get so tired of seeing people who are afraid of using (or seeing) blatant sarcasm. I know what Basic and AIT were like at Fort Knox back in '71, and what my six years of NG service were like, but apparently LOTS has changed (but not the whacking off in bunks at night!). So... I would be VERY surprised to see many guys "nude" down there, myself; but maybe that's why everybody's afraid to get nude in the showers/locker rooms these days (according to so many posts)!

I remember my Junior year of HS, there was one tall, skinny fellow who was still hairless - say, 16? I can't imagine being in Basic and looking like that. Presumably you've got time to let it all grow out before going off to serve. For your sake (seriously), do that! If you DO find others shaved, then it's up to you. Don't be the first.