Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
hungmark said:
I'm with ya all the way geo! - I don't care if other people find it freaky, but I find hairy armpits on a woman a real turn on because she is bucking the trend and being individual and sassy. BIG time turn on for me.

I don't think hairy pit on a girl are offensive either - it's another "ON SWITCH" for me too! Culturally - it's just always been "on them" to shave them but the US trend* kind of suprises me....(* - you're up next Wolf!)

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
WolfsheimDeutschland said:
Are U guyz nuts or just behind the times?

I wonder how u connect shaving your pits with being gay!?!?:eek: Thats just absurd

I am from Germany and I do not know any guys who does not shave his pits. Not to shave is grouse and unhygienic!
In summer, u can use as much deo as u want, i ALWAYS smells when one goes unshaved. I just feel so unhygenic about it and I just wonder, that there are still guyz who do not shave...
I guess its just backwardness mixed with a little homophobia, am I right guys?:confused:

For the record: Neither me nor one of my friends is gay.

Hi Wolfsheim...that DOES suprise me...how long has that been going on? In the US (until apparently recently) hairy pits have been a marker of masculinity, I guess...maybe I'm wrong...(We need a pic Spadle!)

D_Count_Dickula

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, the I wouldn´t consider that a trend. I shaved my armpits since I was 16 as a result of getting disgusted remarks from peers.
Thats why I do not consider it a trend - is has gotten (the more hygienic) rule.

But when I spent some time in the United States studying I realized, that many guys conceeded, they don´t like their armpits being smelly. But the wouldn´t shave them just for the reason not to be looked on as gay.
I think thats just absurd, I´m sorry! Some guys over there seemed to be obsessed with their masculinity and their worst fear was to do something considered as gay. It was a sheer paranoia! And even worse, everybody was making other people to be paranoid in the same way.
Nobody could believe I shave and consider it to be a normal part of my personal hygiene. Now, that´s really backwardness!
I actually didn´t think of changing my routine because these guyz were trying to make me feel guilty about it. I rather laughed at their absurd behaviour, which made them really insecure and confused.

Bryan_Lyte2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Spladle said:
Are you actually trying to tell me that God Hates Pit-Shavers?

Nope, just saying it's a funny coincidence.

Lex said:
My crotch is actually cooler now that I shave it. I also use either baby powder or Gold Bond in summer. For me, being naturally smooth everywhere else than my pubes was weird looking. I prefer looming smoother all over. I do not shave my chest--hair just does not grow on it. I shave my pubes as I tend to like the cooler feeling it gives me. I also had some surgery years ago that mandated that I shave below and I liked it so much that I've been doing it ever since.

Cool and hot have little to do with moisture. You use baby powder to compensate, no? All I'm saying is that shaving in either areas is simply for cosmetic reasons. Deoderant will work with or with out athe addage of hair. I personally wouldn't mind shaving. I'm just afraid that after a while I'd get tired of the upkeep. If old wives tales are true about it growing in fuller and thicker, and I had started shaving than stoped, I'd look like a freakin' yetti.:afro:

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Bryan_Lyte2 said:
Nope, just saying it's a funny coincidence.

Cool and hot have little to do with moisture. You use baby powder to compensate, no? All I'm saying is that shaving in either areas is simply for cosmetic reasons. Deoderant will work with or with out athe addage of hair. I personally wouldn't mind shaving. I'm just afraid that after a while I'd get tired of the upkeep. If old wives tales are true about it growing in fuller and thicker, and I had started shaving than stoped, I'd look like a freakin' yetti.:afro:
It's just a wives tale. I've shaved every hair on my body and none of them grew back any thicker.

One thing though...I find that pitt hairs hold odor and getting rid of them makes things cleaner.

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Bryan_Lyte2 said:

I'm confused. Sweat is meant to evaporate. evaopration is a cooling process that cools a hot body down. When my crotch was hairy, I sweated more--there was more mositure becasue it was hotter. I tend to sweat when I am HOT. So, shaving keeps me cooler, thus I sweat less. I use baby powder to facilitate increased dryness.

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
WolfsheimDeutschland said:
Well, the I wouldn´t consider that a trend. I shaved my armpits since I was 16 as a result of getting disgusted remarks from peers.
Thats why I do not consider it a trend - is has gotten (the more hygienic) rule.

But when I spent some time in the United States studying I realized, that many guys conceeded, they don´t like their armpits being smelly. But the wouldn´t shave them just for the reason not to be looked on as gay.
I think thats just absurd, I´m sorry! Some guys over there seemed to be obsessed with their masculinity and their worst fear was to do something considered as gay. It was a sheer paranoia! And even worse, everybody was making other people to be paranoid in the same way.
Nobody could believe I shave and consider it to be a normal part of my personal hygiene. Now, that´s really backwardness!
I actually didn´t think of changing my routine because these guyz were trying to make me feel guilty about it. I rather laughed at their absurd behaviour, which made them really insecure and confused.

Thanks for the reply Wolf...I thought the best point you made about US guys was...

Some guys over there seemed to be obsessed with their masculinity and their worst fear was to do something considered as gay.

You hit the nail on the head and that's why I asked this question in the first place. I'm ALL ABOUT being MALE but would never consider shaving my pits even though I shave my balls and keep it otherwise trim down there. Out of sight...out of judgement I guess!

dcwrestlefan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i'm not convinced hair holds odor better than skin. but have never done studies on this. ;) shower regularly, and you'll smell fine either way.

don't want to make a poll out of this, but i find straight guys shave as much if not more than gays these days. maybe its an urban thing or just the people i have run into or am friends with. i think a higher percentage of women find men more attractive that are smooth, and gay guys care less.
thoughts?

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
dcwrestlefan said:
i'm not convinced hair holds odor better than skin. but have never done studies on this. ;) shower regularly, and you'll smell fine either way.

don't want to make a poll out of this, but i find straight guys shave as much if not more than gays these days. maybe its an urban thing or just the people i have run into or am friends with. i think a higher percentage of women find men more attractive that are smooth, and gay guys care less.
thoughts?

Ladies?? Talk amonst yourselves....

B_Spladle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
garthnd said:
Yeah! or a flex...whatever:wink:
Well, this is in the gallery, but since you're not a gold member . . .
000_0025.jpg

Garth33

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Thanks Spadle but I'm as GOLD here as my piss is the morning after a night on the town!:wink: Great pic (I've seen it!) but my eyes always go right to your abs. I made that pic my wallpaper for awhile but had to get rid of it...I kept bringing my dirty clothes upstairs to rub them against the computer screen...they turned our SPARKLING WHITE but my computer productivity went WAY down:confused:

...guess I was hoping for a gallery update with a pit closeup?:rolleyes:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
My first girlfriend confessed that she preferred guys to be shaved under their arms - not that mine were a jungle, she just preferred it that way. It wasn't a big deal for me to do it, and I do prefer the feel. Now, even if I don't shave, I trim my 'pits short, same as I do my pubes.