shaved/Trimmed in public

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by robbie7au, Aug 12, 2006.

1. robbie7au

robbie7au Member

Albums:
    Need some feedback from guys that are trimmed/shaved who have to strip down in front of other guys. Ive been trimmed for quite a few years and do avoid having to strip down because of it. Ive go no problems with my body or cock but it is because I look after my undergrowth.

2. raj

raj New Member

Albums:
    I trim and shave (actually mow it down close) and find that I usually don't have an issue with it. I frequent nude beaches and like the "exposure" so to soeak. The only time I find I'm self consious of it is when I go camping with my best friends. It's usually guys weekend away from the wives,gf and most of the guys are on motorcycles. I'm in the car with the beer!
    When we hit our normal camping ground there are hot springs nearby and everyone sits in the tubs naked. I find that I like to have some hair instead of my usual baldness becasue it becomes less of a topic of conversation. When relaxing late at night in the tubs sometimes with strangers, somehow after serval cans of budweisers, the subject always turns to the size of my dick which after several years (I'm in my late 40's), gets to be an old topic. I didn't mind it when I was younger.
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not ashamed of my dick, I'm just sick of it being a subject of jokes like I'm a freak. Yes, I'm bigger than most, proud of it too, but the constant ribbing gets to be old. Especially when you are having a normal conversation and someone brings up my dick AGAIN as something to talk about.:redface:

Otherwise, I love shaving. It's great when I get my balls sucked.
    :eek:p:

3. smoothy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I used to worry about what others would think seeing my shaved dick at the gym, however I now take the attitude that if any one has a problem with it then it's their problem not mine.

4. Sandalman

Sandalman New Member

Same here, I trim down in order to avoid brush fires, and no one seems to have a problem with it, but if they did, it's not mine to deal with.

5. B_houugadunor

B_houugadunor member

I have trimmed for a while now, I think that to be honest, it shows that you care about your little man, good on ya, I say!

6. CUBE

Gold Member

Albums:
    I see a real mixture of shaved , or not shaved, or trimmed, at the gym. I don't think anyone thinks anything about it.

7. hung

Gold Member

Albums:
    No problems here. I enjoy keeping my balls and shaft shaved. Makes condom removal much more pleasant. As far as triming the hairs near my penis, so be it. I keep them short also for the same reasons listed above. If anyone would suggest that I have a problem, I would quickly inform them that I enjoy life.

Based on what I have seen in the photos prior to my post here, I can see no reason why anyone would have a problem with a well groomed penis area.

Of course they may envy, but that also is the problem of the person making fun of the trimmed/shaved penis area.

Great topic.

8. dave2006

dave2006 New Member

for me the guys who trim or shave completely see to be less modest than those who don't trim. It seems the guy with the over grown bush tend to not expose themselves as much. I don't know if it is because they are in the minority now or what. Anyone else notice this or the exact opposite?

9. BarebackJack

BarebackJack New Member

Albums:
    Exactly. And judging by what I see in the LPSG gallery, a good number of straight men are trimming/shaving their pubes these days. It seems more commonplace and less "gay".

If anyone does ask why you've tidied up down there, tell them you're a swimmer and it helps with your time. LOL

10. Sherwood D. Likelym

Sherwood D. Likelym Well-Known Member

Albums:
    By keeping neatly trimmed, it shows confidence. I estimate 75% of those I observe on the beach take pride in their appearance. New products are marketed specifically for this purpose.

11. gaston28

gaston28 Member

i just joined another gym, close to work so i can get in a quick mid-day work out. i trim down and i got out of the shower i got the once over from the guy next to my locker, not sure if checked me out because i was trimmed, uncut or swinging. he did introduce himself, lol

12. yhtang

Gold Member

Albums:

So when he introduced himself, did he shake you by the hand, or .....

13. hugemountain

hugemountain New Member

My experience at the gym(s), most guys trim, including myself. In fact, when I see a guy who goes completely natural, it kinda stands out snd seeing shaved crotch is rare. Trimmed definately seems to be the norm.. You shouldn't feel self conscience about trimming AT ALL. if you still feel self conscinece about "being trimmed" in public, you may want to try not going too short.... eventually, you'll find pubic hair length you do feel comfortable with. don't worry about what others think, do what YOU feel best with. Hope this helps :smile:

14. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Same here. I used to worry what guys in the locker room would say, but then I realized... who the hell is going to start that conversation.

I've changed with a striped back and ass at times and not really cared. So shaved pubes is nothing.

15. D_Lawsonne Lackingnuts

I trim my pubic hair and shave other body hair and I never worried nor received comments from other guys about it in the locker room. Most guys would be too scared to say anything for fear of being called gay or being asked, "why are you looking at my dick?" Really, don't care what others think. It's your body and do what you want with it.

16. TXWranglerButt

TXWranglerButt New Member

Yeah I agree, who really cares? If they want to look, great, but I have yet to have anyone say anything. When was the last time someone at the gym came up to you and said "why do you shave your pubes?" HAHA! I like the look and feels good too.

17. sportmale

sportmale New Member

Albums:
    I wax for years now and other guys at the gym noticed (I'm sure about that) but I do not really pay too much attention. I like being smooth and my partners too and that's important for me.
    It's already happens that some guys ask me if I did myself or someone else ... they always smile when I say that a guy do the job for me :smile:

18. Edmond405

Edmond405 New Member

I have trimmed and shaved for years (since I was 14 or 15, I think). I have never, ever had anyone at the gym ask about it. However, I have had a friend or two over the years who noticed when we were changing in the same room or at the lake or something and they have brought it up - usually because they don't and a girl/boyfriend has maybe suggested - wanting to know the "how to". Only once did I actually have to give instructions that included a demonstration. We actually just stood in the bathroom after each having taken a really hot shower and I demonstrated how to shave the balls and cock and to ever-so-carefully shave behind the balls and then trim pubes. The guy's girlfriend had actually asked me to as he was VERY hairy - the hairiest crotch I have ever seen. She sent me a thank you note a couple of months later - he's learned to manscape! LOL

- Ed

19. NCbear

Gold Member

He probably gave you the once-over because of all three!

NCbear (who admires your muscles, cock, and posts)

20. art

art
    Gold Member

I've trimmed for a while, since after college. At my gym, most guys (20 to 40-somethings, mostly) appear to be trimmed somewhat, and so no comments are ever heard. Every now and then I see a guy who's not trimmed (or hasn't trimmed in a while)...I don't ever think I've seen a guy whose pubes are shaved. (If your body exclusive of your pubes is shaved well, I'd never know...unless there was stubble!)

Draft saved Draft deleted