Shaved vs. trimmed

lizardessqueen

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So I'm dating a guy who would prefer I shave before he goes down on me. I guess I've just dated normal boring guys in the past, but I've never had to shave! This is almost embarrassing to ask, but is there a good method to shaving? or a special creme or gel to use to prevent bumps and irritations? I'm just new to this and I figured as open as everyone is... I'd get an honest response! Also... what about trimming? Does this seem to help at all in easing the um... hairy situation?

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
trimming is a good start
shaving the pubic area for the first time pretty sucks since your skin down there isn't used to it yet.
what did help me was some baby creme afterwards.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you first start shaving as the previous poster mentioned your skin isn't used to it so you can get what i suppose is barber's rash really. If you are going to shave I suggest using a shaving oil rather than a cream I found that gentler and also as its clear you can see what you're doing more easily, use an exfoliating scrub GENTLY, it's supposed to discourage ingrowing hairs. It's worth considering waxing if you want to be really smooth, it does hurt but it's over quickly.
Trimming is very easy, just sit on the toilet, get a pair of small scissors and simply trim slowly and carefully till you're pleased with the look. If I'm trimmed i tend to take the hair very short lower down (pussy lips around labia area) and a little longer above.
To be honest you don't sound that keen on the idea of shaving so I'd tell him to sod off, it's not like pubic hair is unnatural and it's your pussy not his.

flsmoothie

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If you decide to shave, you may want to trim it all first. That will help to keep the razor from getting clogged.

Yummy

1st Like
Media
Clippers are always good (yes, like the ones they use in a barber shop). If you don't want to take it all off, you can determine the length you want, attach the guide you want, and go to town, and it all comes out perfectly even. It's fast too.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Actually i just switched from shaving to trimming..for a change

But try using one of the mens shaving gels rather than soap or shaving cream, because it is sticky and kind of oil-ish it coats the hair alot better