shaving it off...

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by blackcameron, Dec 3, 2006.

1. blackcameron

blackcameron New Member

Albums:
    in regards to the pubic hair conversations I really, really dislike hair. I mean bush hair above the cock is VITAL for me. it's a must, I don't like clean shavin it the it looks bald. then again I prefer a shaved chest, limited underarm hair a nicely trimmed bush.

seeing I do this every so often with a shaver I've noticed that I sometimes get rashes. for example I shaved my chest a few days ago and I've had a rash with small zits ever since. any suggestions on how to stop the rashes? I want that smooth, crisp feeling not some bloody red spot on it!

ideas?

2. Chrysalis

Chrysalis New Member

I see that, like me, you have very naturally fair skin. It is probably easily irritated. I don't shave my chest, obviously, but I have to be very careful about how I shave my legs and bikini area.

What product are you using to shave (i.e. shaving cream) and what type of razor are you using?

Also, have you ever used a creme depilatory, such as Nair? Some sensitive-skinned people can't use it, but it may actually be something to try (do an allergy test on a small spot of skin first). If your skin tolerates it, it might be less irritating than shaving.

3. carlton10

carlton10 Member

I shave everything as I like the smooth look and seems more prevalent in the nudist community- The only time I have had those small zits and rash on my chest area was when I went into a wet sauna a day or so after I shaved-I finally went to the doctor about a week or so after the symptoms appeared and didnt go away- he in fact asked if I had been in sauna -So maybe u did the same thing or were in some type of environment similar to a sauna like a jacuzzi or the weather was especially humid or perhaps ur shaver wasnt all that clean- Just some suggestions on what might have caused it- Good luck

4. Rubenesque

Gold Member

Albums:
    If you really must shave it all off... using hair conditioner is great. It makes the hairs softer and the razor glides more smoothly.

5. blackcameron

blackcameron New Member

Albums:
    I'm rather fair but most things don't really bother me. I tried Nair, and it was just as bad.

I don't think I've been in a jacuzzi but I think I had just come out of the shower (I like warm showers). So I'm not really sure what it is. I'm using a Gillette Fusion shaver and the creme that you buy to go with it.

6. jordanj

jordanj New Member

Albums:
    Try shaving oil. In the UK we get King Of Shaves products which are awesome, I prefer shaving my face with these now. However, probably a good idea to make sure you start with a sharp razor as well.

7. Chrysalis

Chrysalis New Member

I use baby oil with aloe vera to shave, and thought of suggesting this, but didn't since BC said he had acne, I wondered if oil would aggravate it.

However, blackcameron, if the bumps are eczema and not acne, oil might be just the thing.

I use it as follows:
    1) Shower normally (this allows hair to soften)
    2) Pat area dry with a towel
    3) Apply baby oil liberally
    4) Shave in shower
    5) Rinse area

I rinse the baby oil after shaving, but don't wash it off with soap. I live in a very dry climate and leaving some oil behind is very conditioning for the skin.

8. Chicago_Swimmer

Chicago_Swimmer New Member

Albums:
    Before a swim meet I will shave my chest and legs. I too apply hair conditioner to my skin before I shave in the shower. This works pretty well. I usually don't have have any irritation except sometimes with the coarser hair on the upper thighs.

Hope this helps.

9. nudeyorker

Gold Member

Wet the area to be shaved with a hot towel. then use a good lubricated shave cream (Kiss my Face and Kiel's are both good) Shave with new blades, follow up with 100% coconut oil, shave again, Slick and smooth!!!
    Buddy and I did it from the neck down a couple of weeks ago. Very Hot sex.

Draft saved Draft deleted