Shaving naked in front of others

Triasco

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
It depends on the company you keep. For instance, a Korean friend of mine was told by a platoon sergeant that he couldn't shave naked in the shared restroom during AIT. Fortunately, the platoon sergeant understood it was a cultural difference, but the concern is that someone who comes from a background where casual nudity is not casual or is in fact vilified would be offended and trouble would ensue.

In the end that's all it comes down to. A difference of opinion as to the connotations of nudity and a difference in the level of comfort with it. I myself have no problem with nudity. Shaving, however, I'd another matter entirely. :D

adequate

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
At home I always shave in the shower as I have the perfect set up for this purpose. The gym's showers aren't shaving-friendly: no shelving in there for shave equipment and no mirror. I do shave naked at the row of sinks/mirrors provided as I like to dry off even more after towel-drying. I don't like getting dressed while still damp and evaporation is a slow process at times..

Reactions: Notaes

colday

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always shave nude at home, live alone so the door is always open. However if I had someone there I would definitely close the door unless it was someone I was having relations with. Used to go to the gym but only shaved there once and wore a towel. There was another guy that shaved nude everyday. Had a very short (1 to 2 inches soft) but thick dick. He would stand there with you looking right at him and him at you totally nude. Never seemed to bother him. However I'm a little more modest plus my package isn't much bigger and not as fat as his but maybe if I was more hung I wouldn't be so modest.

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I always shave nude at home, live alone so the door is always open. However if I had someone there I would definitely close the door unless it was someone I was having relations with. Used to go to the gym but only shaved there once and wore a towel. There was another guy that shaved nude everyday. Had a very short (1 to 2 inches soft) but thick dick. He would stand there with you looking right at him and him at you totally nude. Never seemed to bother him. However I'm a little more modest plus my package isn't much bigger and not as fat as his but maybe if I was more hung I wouldn't be so modest.

This is a good point.

When I first started going to the gym last year I was 30 lbs overweight and showed it. When it came time to shower, I would strip off my shirt, sneakers, and socks, grab my towel and head to the showers. Just a moment before stepping in, I took off my shorts and hung them with my towel on the nearby hook.

I dropped those 30 lbs pretty quickly and flattened my stomach and found that I had lost my shyness along with the excess pounds. Nowadays I strip off completely at my locker, grab my towel and hold it nonchalantly in front of me as I walk naked to the showers. I'm only a little more modest on the way back to the locker with the towel around my waist but I quickly drop it to the floor as I begin dressing.

I don't shave at the gym but, if I did, I would most likely do so with the towel around my waist. It's not that I am shy at this point, but I do feel that "appropriate modesty" should prevail in these situations.

scottmac

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I also find it very strange that shaving naked would be an issue. I have always been naked when I shave mostly before I shower.

Reactions: Geo80

kdubb

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I always shave naked before I shower - everything (yes EVERYTHING) from nose to toes - every other day. Always have and always will. I remember at an early age watching my Dad shave his entire body and he taught me to do the same. I've done this for over 30 years - from back in the day when I was in college, and now even present day in my home, in any men's locker room, any motel/hotel, or even as a guest in someone else's home. Bottom line, if my body needs a shave, then I will take the extra 20 to 30 minutes to shave and keep everything completely smooth. How else is a guy supposed to shave his entire body except completely naked? Trying to hide under a silly towel is ridiculous and certainly not practical. I don't care if others watch or not and their comments don't bother me - positive or negative - as I don't give a flying fuck what others think about most things - but especially regarding my grooming habits. Oh, and by the way, in a men's locker room you WILL SEE NAKED MEN. GET OVER IT!

Notaes

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Since I was young and started shaving everyday, it's always been naked after I shower. Doesn't matter if I'm at home, the gym(I too put a towel on the sink in front of me) or shaving in my office at school. It's just how I do it.

Likewise! I didn't know there was any other way to shave except naked! It's like taking s shower you do it naked!

Reactions: Geo80

Uncutsouthernboy

Superior Member
Media
Why would you shave before you shower? The hot water and steam soften the hair and makes it easier to cut. That is why barber put a hot towel on your face for a few minutes before they shave you. It also cuts down on razor burn and pimples.

Reactions: 88restored

toomeight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I was in my twenties my doctor told me the best prevention f or hemroids was to keep your ass hole clean and suggested that I use the left over shave cream to clean it. Its pretty hard to do that with pj bottoms or a towel on. I'm 84 and don't have them.

Allen67

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
This is a good point.

When I first started going to the gym last year I was 30 lbs overweight and showed it. When it came time to shower, I would strip off my shirt, sneakers, and socks, grab my towel and head to the showers. Just a moment before stepping in, I took off my shorts and hung them with my towel on the nearby hook.

I dropped those 30 lbs pretty quickly and flattened my stomach and found that I had lost my shyness along with the excess pounds. Nowadays I strip off completely at my locker, grab my towel and hold it nonchalantly in front of me as I walk naked to the showers. I'm only a little more modest on the way back to the locker with the towel around my waist but I quickly drop it to the floor as I begin dressing.

I don't shave at the gym but, if I did, I would most likely do so with the towel around my waist. It's not that I am shy at this point, but I do feel that "appropriate modesty" should prevail in these situations.
Congrats on losing the weight. What type of exercise did you focus on? Did you follow a special diet? I am looking to join a gym specifically to lose some weight, but not sure how to start.

cloverleaf

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm naked at gym with no issues. But I shower with a towel on. Very few men at my gym shave nude, but a few do.

Today I shaved next to a guy. Both of us had on towels. Both finished up and took off the towel to dry our faces. So we kinda ended shaving while naked...

I rarely use the gym locker room because I am usually going straight home and it is a short ride and easier to not carry clean clothes, a towel and grooming supplies. I did happen to use it yesterday and the only person I saw shaving was doing it nude.

absolutjock

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I lived in my fraternity's house in college for 2 years. It was large but an old house which meant while nice, it didnt have all the modern luxuries. 20 - 25 guys in the house shared just two bathrooms which both had large open communal showers.

Laundered towels were provided in the bathrooms, so most guys (self included) walked to and from the bathroom naked when we were going to shower, and therefore yes, you'd probably shave naked. Most in our house were student athletes, so it wasnt all that different for us from the time we'd spend in the locker room.

I believe I've commented in another thread about this previously, but I did play baseball in college. After the games, our coach always invited a group of boosters (or potential boosters) back to the locker room for beers and to meet the players. The players ourselves always made fun of these guys in private who we could only assume were perves on some level who were willing to make large donations for the occasional privilege of hanging out in a college locker room to watch a bunch of young cock swinging around. I naturally had fun with it and would walk right up to the boosters stark naked to shake their hands and thank them for their support.

Today, when I'm at the gym, I tend to steer more towards whatever the norm is. Certainly strip naked, walk to and from the showers naked... but if I'm going to be standing at the sink shaving or brushing my teeth, I'll usually do that with a towel around my waste these days. I like showing off... but dont want to look like I'm going out of my way to do so.

Example: In the sauna, I've noticed that if I go in completely naked either it seems some guys are too timid to walk in or if they do, they stare at the wall or ceiling the whole time. BUT, if I just lay a towel across my lap in a show of "modesty" when really I'm manspreading with my swollen dong prominently hanging between my legs in full display, I tend to observe more glances (or stares). Presumably, b/c I'm "covered" guys think they're getting away with gawking.

RSMH

Worshipped Member
Media
I lived in my fraternity's house in college for 2 years. It was large but an old house which meant while nice, it didnt have all the modern luxuries. 20 - 25 guys in the house shared just two bathrooms which both had large open communal showers.

Laundered towels were provided in the bathrooms, so most guys (self included) walked to and from the bathroom naked when we were going to shower, and therefore yes, you'd probably shave naked. Most in our house were student athletes, so it wasnt all that different for us from the time we'd spend in the locker room.

I believe I've commented in another thread about this previously, but I did play baseball in college. After the games, our coach always invited a group of boosters (or potential boosters) back to the locker room for beers and to meet the players. The players ourselves always made fun of these guys in private who we could only assume were perves on some level who were willing to make large donations for the occasional privilege of hanging out in a college locker room to watch a bunch of young cock swinging around. I naturally had fun with it and would walk right up to the boosters stark naked to shake their hands and thank them for their support.

Today, when I'm at the gym, I tend to steer more towards whatever the norm is. Certainly strip naked, walk to and from the showers naked... but if I'm going to be standing at the sink shaving or brushing my teeth, I'll usually do that with a towel around my waste these days. I like showing off... but dont want to look like I'm going out of my way to do so.

Example: In the sauna, I've noticed that if I go in completely naked either it seems some guys are too timid to walk in or if they do, they stare at the wall or ceiling the whole time. BUT, if I just lay a towel across my lap in a show of "modesty" when really I'm manspreading with my swollen dong prominently hanging between my legs in full display, I tend to observe more glances (or stares). Presumably, b/c I'm "covered" guys think they're getting away with gawking.
I have found things similar to what you describe as well, and if I wait until they are already more comfortable starring to then loosen the towel off it seems much more comfortable for all and then at that point some of them also losen their towels off more.