Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm a shower shaver, too, because having a heavy beard, it softens the hair and makes shaving easier, plus, having dark hair, I get a closer shave and don't end up with a 5 o'clock shadow at 2 o'clock. I can usually get by without having to shave twice a day if I shave in the shower. If I shave before I shower I always have to shave again. Blade of choice is Mach 3 and I use Kiehls Shaving Cream "White Eagle" Formula. It's expensive ($17) a tube, but it's the best shave I've ever gotten with it, plus its got all kinds of soothing herbal extracts in it, including benzocaine, so I don't have razor burn when I'm finished.

art

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
DJM277 said:
any guys here shave naked before or after they shower? I shave naked every morning after my shower since my late teens. A habit I picked up from my father.

I brush my teeth and shave naked before I shower. Have done this since I began shaving at 11 or so.

I seem to remember my dad shaving after his showr, with a towel wrapped around him. Modesty is not a trait I picked up from my dad.

Reactions: Geo80

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
I shave in the shower.

As for the bumps, it's a possibility that you're pressing too hard. Just let the weight of the razor do the job. A good barber can shave a balloon without popping it - that's the kind of light touch you need.

amhersthungboi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I usually shave nude right after my shower ... even did so while I was in college, though the guys in my dorm were pretty nudity-friendly, so a lot of them did as well. :p

osxwrangler

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah. I shave nekid. I have always slept that way so when I get up what would be the use of putting on clothes before I shower or have a bath. I'm also warm natured so I don't dress to shave even on cold days. I don't think much about it.

When I am with friends overnight visiting or on vacation I don't change my habits. They all seem to accept it and go on. The men I know never even blink or say anything.

When I was much younger I had razor bumps. I'm not sure why I don't now. Maturity I suppose. There used to be a razor marketed to black men that I used. It had a guard between the two bladed that kept the razor from shaving too close. Those worked pretty well. I have no idea if they are still available. You might also try an electric razor. (Shrug)

dancinfool

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
i shave naked before my shower- my shower takes a few minutes to warm up, so by the time i finish shaving, its ready to get in.

in response to the bumps question, i too have this problem

i found that the best way to prevent this is to shave your pubes every 2-3 days (this actually helps for facial hair too) rather than daily, if that is the case. also, i recommend hydrocortisone cream- 1%, which you can find in any drug store or CVS, and just use that as directed the day of and the day after you shave. i would give yourself at least one hc. cream FREE day between shaves though, since its a steroid cream and you shouldnt use too much of it. i find that if i get razor burn, i do this for a week or so, and then i dont have the problem anymore and i dont need it for another month at least.

good luck

-stephen

nudepaul

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I always shave naked - have done so for years. I usually shave after my morning swim so whether I'm at the development locker room, the YMCA or the University Pool Locker room I shave both my face and my pubes at the sik in front of the mirrors. AND noone has said anything bad abou it:wink:

nudepaul

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I always shave naked - have done so for years. I usually shave after my morning swim so whether I'm at the development locker room, the YMCA or the University Pool Locker room I shave both my face and my pubes at the sik in front of the mirrors. AND no one has said anything bad about my shaving in public:wink:

PECTACULAR

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
From the momment I strip down after breakfast and head for the bath... NAKED is the way of the total morning routine- from brushing my teeth, showering, shaving and general grooming. There is nothing more typically masculine that a man naked in front of the mirror, shaving lather covering his face and a bowl full of hot water to wash the blade.

If I have a "guest" prepping in the morning, after a sleep over. I aways have extra, good quality disposable razors available- in case he wants to shave. A very erotic memory. Seeing your partner from the night before doing his morning shave... cock hanging out and resting on the edge of the sink!

AUGH!!!

Sparky

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yes I shave naked most of the time mostly before a shower. I shave my cock and sac in the shower and generally trim my pubes as and when required when i shave my face.

salinger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Big thumbs up to the naked here. My roommate and I are entirely too comfortable sans clothes. My bathroom is separate from my room and I never see the need to put clothes on as I walk down the hallway. Even if he has friends over. We also don't lock the doors if we shower and stuff, because I figure if I hit me head or have a heart attack or some bullshit like that I want whomever to get in right quick and save my life.

In college we had a group bathroom/lockerroom that about twenty of us shared. Most guys would shave naked in the morning or with a towel. Most guys wouldn't shave their junk in front of everyone.

I'm not most guys though.

Freeboy

Experimental Member
Media
I always try to shave (my face) after the shower. Sometimes I'm half-dressed and other times I'm naked. Just depends on my mood, I guess ...

But, definitely great to hear there are others out there who shave naked.

sgop

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I have a beard and 'tash but still shave the tops of my cheeks up to the cheekbones (to keep it looking tidy) and scraggy stuff on my neck (it grows in a spiral and if I don't, it abraids all my shirt collars in a couple of wearings. Heck, a polo neck is buggered after a single evening!). I do this every morning in the shower and do my sac about every 8 - 10 days (also in the shower). Then dry off most of the water with a towel and shuck it as soon as possible and blow-dry the rest. Pad about naked until the last possible moment then reluctantly put some clothes on!

BBB2.5

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Chinese 9x6 said:
I shave every hair below my neck in the shower, thats naked of course.:rolleyes:
Me too...Don't you just hate body hair. I do however, leave a small patch of pubic hair. I think it's sexy. When the weather warms up I get it all waxed off. Much easier and last longer.
:tongue:

hung

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
bassed on what I read on page one of this thread, I suspect that DJM 277 shaves naked a lot.

I shave and I do so while I am in the spa. Allows great grooming of my penis and balls. As for the facial hairs, I shave at the mirror and I am usually freshly towelled off. No need to wrap anything around me. My room mate has seen me nude plenty of times.