Shaving one's pubes at the gym

max90

Expert Member
Media
No, I don't consider it normal to shave your pubes at the gym.
It's good if males are comfortable with each other in the lockerroom. It's good if you walk around naked, shower naked, talk when you're naked etc.

But that doesn't mean that you can do anything at the gym. And personally, I wouldn't consider you a perv right away, it's just weird.

Swordie

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
New York City, New York, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I see it all the time at the gym - and I've even done it once there myself. I don't know what the big hang-up is. Some guys just need to groom when they have the opportunity to do so and it only takes about 2 minutes.

If the hang-up is because its a (lack of) cleanliness thing - c'mon, u'r in a gym locker room! If Its because it makes YOU uncomfortable - don't watch. In fact, I cant think of a MORE appropriate place!

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Not something I would do at the gym. I do my grooming at home. Most guys I know don't shave their balls, so they would probably would not feel comfortable seeing another guy do it in public. So just out of respect for others I wouldn't do it. Plus it gives me a boner everytime!

Mithra

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I see it all the time at the gym - and I've even done it once there myself. I don't know what the big hang-up is. Some guys just need to groom when they have the opportunity to do so and it only takes about 2 minutes.

If the hang-up is because its a (lack of) cleanliness thing - c'mon, u'r in a gym locker room! If Its because it makes YOU uncomfortable - don't watch. In fact, I cant think of a MORE appropriate place!

For me, the hang up would be that the guy getting off on shaving his nuts in a public place. I'm being made into an unwilling participant of some dudes sexual fantasy. I mean the logic above, why not just jerk off in the locker room? I mean if it makes you uncomfortable, "don't watch," right?

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For me, the hang up would be that the guy getting off on shaving his nuts in a public place. I'm being made into an unwilling participant of some dudes sexual fantasy. I mean the logic above, why not just jerk off in the locker room? I mean if it makes you uncomfortable, "don't watch," right?

Yes, why not jerk off in the locker room? :smile:

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There is one guy at my gym who shaves his pubes in the shower, actually he shaves everything in the shower; he's totally bald from head to foot. Doesn't bother me in the least when he shaves, but possibly that's because he's quite hot--with or without hair, shaving in the showers or not.

D_Doe_Ray_Mi

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I shave my face naked at the sink in the locker room as do most guys at my club, but shaving pubes and/or balls at the sink would be considered over-the-top at my club where i've never seen any guy who's shaved. In the privacy of the shower would be fine, even at my club, I even JO there sometimes.. I've been to some clubs where that would be fine even in a gang shower. Use your good judgement and respect. As above it probably depends on the nature of the club clientele.

Last edited:

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
There are some things that to me are just not done and shaving pubes in public does cross the line. I see nothing wrong with shaving your face or brushing teeth but as nudeyorker says make sure you clean up after yourself. I don't want to be at the basin or in the showere where some guy has left globs of shaving cream or toothpaste.

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Not a big deal really if you are usually shaved and this is light grooming. I think the guy that shaves everything while trying to look sexy is not so sexy but just normal stuff is fine.

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not to be advised. On a not too serious note: most countries have very strict laws about the disposal of hair in public places (comes under health and safety regulations) so it could prove embarrassing, and annoying to gym owner when he gets plumers bill.

lilbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There are some things that for me are just not done in a public gym and shaving pubes is one of them. I have seen many guys with the totally bald pubes look but they don't shave at the gym.

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I don't know why anyone would shave their pubes at all, but that's beside the point. I think this should be done in the privacy of your own home. When it comes to public restrooms, touching your cock to do anything other than pee is inappropriate. When it comes to gyms, washing and pee, that's it. Plus, like others have said, I don't want to be at a sink full of some other dude's pubes. But that's just my opinion of course.

joeweekend

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Maybe that's better done in the shower than at the sink? Not a big deal thi.

What you really ought to consider, though, is going back to pubes. Men ought have hair down there. Shaved adult males who are carrying even one xtra pound wind up looking like mutant teenagers when they shave their crotches.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Thats a nasty idea. Each to their own and all that, but when their own includes other people being affected, just no. There is nothing nastier then seeing hair and plasters and everything on the floor of a gym, let alone stepping on it. If i saw a guy shaving his pubes in the shower or the sink, id feel very sick. Maybe i should puke by him. If we are going by what you are comfortable by....