Shaving Tip

B_girthylover

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I shave maybe once or twice per year, and while many of you will think "duh" to what I am about to say, let me say it.

I don't recommend shaving all the way down to the skin. Take some scissors or electric razor and just trim the area every few months.

Why? Having ingrown hairs from shaving all the way to the skin really sucks! And yes, I get ingrown hairs when shaving the correct direction!

Am I wrong?

JoshT

Experimental Member
Media
I shave my scrotum and shaft completely every three days. I have heard of guys that have had ingrown hair problems, lots of itchiness and etc. but I've been quite lucky in that regard.

I would say that everyone is different (Skin sensitivity, etc.) and how much time someone is willing to invest in shaving will also be different. My advice would be to figure out what look and feel you like best and try it out to see if it works for you with minimal side effects, then go from there.

But yeah, trimming instead of shaving completely is a viable option for some. :smile:

Josh

giantsfrey

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i had annoying itching and ingrown hairs for a while when i started shaving.... but i've been shaving at least weekly all the way down to the skin for a couple years, and don't have any problems other than an occasional cut or maybe one little ingrown hair once in a great while.

i guess if you just do it regularly, after a while your skin gets used to it or something. i'm sure its different for everyone though; some people might be more susceptible to skin irritations or ingrown hairs than others