shaving vs. displaying

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Some of you guys have posted that you don't like to be nude in the lockerroom, and you'll wear a towel to and from the shower.

How many of you like the above shave your pubes, and if you do, why don't you want anybody to see your 'art'?

If the other strings in the forum are correct, the older you are, the more likely you don't mind being seen nude in the lockerroom - and the less likely you are to trim or shave your pubes.

Isn't it odd that young men turn their crotch into artwork only to cover it up in group situations?  That's like getting a piercing or a tattoo and keeping it under a bandage for fear it'll be seen.

How do you reconcile this situation in your own mind?

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I don't shave, and I don't hide Thumper while in the lockerroom, but I can venture a guess as to what the answer will be for some. The shaved pubis is not meant to be on display to just anyone and everyone. Only a few select ones are intended to be the appreciative audience. Am I right, dudes?

7x6andchg: DMW-

I think you are right...to use Pecker's analogy - my tattoos are on my upper arms - where they can be covered unless I want someone to see them....

Case in point.

7x6&C

ItalianStallion: I shave completley, I usually wear a towell in the lockeroom but I change totally nude, I have nothing wrong with anyone seeing that I shave. I never thought of it as art, I just don't like all that hair. It's a lot cleaner to me, and I am a little bit of a clean freak.

biggbenn8: Wel, I don't shave (not much there to shave anyway), however I do shave my face in the shower...

Have not really noticed mean 'trimmed' men (tho I did notice that older men seem to be 'bushier').

I once tried shaving at the mirror but in leaning over the counter (and an odd angle) I finally had to 'flop on the counter' to lean over to see to shave... so now Ijust shave in the shower (love to shave after the steam room- opens the pores right up!)

baddog: Tattoos and shaving? Well, I have a large tattoo where my bush used to be. I shave it all off to show the art! I had the art work done when I was in my mid-thirties and I've rarely worried about showing it. I go to nude beaches, clothing optional campgrounds (gay); the only places I've been shy at all are hotel lockerrooms where the clientele might easily be shocked.

gappymike: I shave the twins and keep everything else trim and neat.
At the gym, I don't think about it, but I gess that I'm nude walking from the shower to the locker.

AlwaysBeenBIg: Personally i shave every thing completly bald no pubes at all balls are shaved as well i just like it that way, and the way i see it im gifted to have a built body and a huge cock so why cant i show it off i like to think guys are looking at me in the locker room at the gym quite a few come and and say what a lucki guy i am do other guys experience the same things??????

TragicWhiteKnight: I shave, but it's not something I'd consider to be art - it ain't topiary, people...

There's practical/comfort reasons behind shaving; unlike tattoos, its doesn't just serve an aesthetic purpose (and, as has been mentioned, most people cover up their tattoos unless they need to show it off)

gigantikok: maybe i could shave a big G above mr happy. lol :)

dave2006

Sexy Member
Media
I actually notice the exact opposite!The guys that trim or completely shave seem more open to others seeing them nude.While those who don't trim almost always throw a towel in front almost like they are ashamed or embarrassed of having an unkempt bush.Maybe because we seem to be the the minority now.I have what some would call an out of control look but I could care less what the guys in the lockerroom think as long as my gf is happy.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I trimmed and shaved the pubic hair back in my late teens and early twenties. I stopped because of the annoying bite the hairs growing back in always gave me and haven't cut any of the hairs now for more than twenty years. A natural look always looks better to me.

D_Terry_Misue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I do trim my bush; however, I do not (artfully) shape it. I just like it neater and a little less bushy...I think we all would like less bush!

Seriously though, I don't think the bald look is very sexy, and I am far from that. I still have pubes; they are just trimmed a little.

That being said, I have no qualms about showing off in the locker room. I rarely even take a towel with me to the showers.

I also have a lot of tattoos (7 total) and I have a pierced nipple, neither of which I try to cover up. Beach, camping, pool, locker room...I'm lookin forward to summer and showing off my body!

Most importantly, I believe to each his own! Just because this is my way does not make it the right way.

ckatt

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm in my 60s and grew up in a time when gang showers in school were the norm so I don't feel funny being naked in a locker room. I workout at a local gym several times a week and I find it easier to keep my pubes clean if I trim them.

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I shave my pubes because it feels cleaner to me, not to present a peice of art. If another dude looks at it as art then so be it. I don't cover up in the locker room, no reason to. It's just a naked body no big deal.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Not a lot to shve here as well (just pubic hair so...)

If I do shave at the gym, I either wrap a towel OR put it agaisnt the counter (don't like having my crotch against a 'strange' counter.... at home is different.... there are seveal who save in the sauna (ugh).

Have tried shaving in the shower but invariably miss a spot.... have grown a beard before..(my sons hate it so...might keep it!)

huj

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i shave but don't display. It's not actively hiding but just getting dressed, getting dry. Guess it depends on the place