Shaving with normal electric razor?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by Barinade, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Barinade

Barinade New Member

Albums:
    Is it ok to shave your pubes (or any other body hair for that matter) with a regular electric razor that is generally meant for the face? Or no?

Does using an electric razor shave close enough? I've heard not to use one on your pubes as it's generally what makes it itchy.

I've never owned an electric shaver before, so thanks for any info!

2. Pdick

Pdick Member

Albums:
    I use an electric for my face, I shave my pubes with a razor.

3. acuradude

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm always afraid of useing my razor to shave my pubs for the fact that I might cut myself.

4. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

itchiness usually results when the pubes start growing back. although an electric shaver might pull a bit, I have absolutely no desire to be naked in a room with a razor. :eek:uttahere:

5. Shaved9inPhx

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Take this for what its worth, but Ive been shaving basically since puberty and have used both regular razors and electric shavers. I have had the best luck with electric shavers for the most part. Stay away from the rotary ones though, as they tend to pull. The problem with razors is that they give u razor burn, ingrown hairs, and dont seem to feel as smooth afterwards. I use a razor for the base of the shaft and my balls when Im in the shower, but use a Remington Microscreen for the rest. It actually gives a much smoother shave, with no burn, and if u keep up on it...every day or 2...its a quick and easy 30sec out of your routine.

6. SHAVENBOYTOY

SHAVENBOYTOY New Member

Albums:
    I Shave Daily With 4 Blade Razor To Keep It Baby Smooth

7. feel thick

feel thick New Member

I always shave my cock clean but only trim pubes and balls in the shower with a safety razor. Electic can catch and hurt precious property!

8. Shaved9inPhx

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If u keep shaved on a regular basis...there wont be any stray hairs to catch. Thats thw whole idea. If you only shave once in a blue moon, its gonna itch everytime it grows out, u will have longer stay hairs, your partner is gonna hate it cause its all stubbly. Either keep it shaved nice n smooth or keep it trimmed. The super short stages between shaved and trimmed are no fun. I shave/touch up ever day or 2 as part of my morning routine...maybe takes 2 min at the most.

9. lpsg555

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I have one of those Phillips Bodygroom electric shavers and that works well. Proof in my gallery.

10. OCDreamer69

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Use a regular razor on my balls and trim the pubes with clippers. Have tried an electric razor on my balls, but it didn't give me a close shave.

11. dingdong

dingdong Member

I use a normal electric razor to shave the skin on my cock, but I don't shave my pubes.

I've never used a manual razor before, but the electric razor has always given a good clean cut :smile:

12. Silvertip

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't shave my pubes, so can't address that directly. But I do shave my cock and balls where the skin is even more sensitive. I've tried the Remington Microscreen electric but it produced an uncomfortable amount of razor burn. So I switched back to shaving with a razor (in the shower) which definitely requires care and a steady hand.

Then a lady friend of mine turned me on to the Body Bare electric razor (as can be found at shavesmooth.com - Unique Shaving Products for Men and Women). It's a single head rotary razor which, when properly adjusted, doesn't pull the hairs at all and produces very little razor burn. It will produce a much closer shave than I get even with the standard razor but it's a little slower as it takes multiple passes to get all the hairs down to skin level. I dust up with baby powder before using the Body Bare. Any hairs that get missed several shaves in a row won't thereafter get picked up by the electric so I alternate between using it and using the manual razor in the shower.

13. whitestar16

whitestar16 New Member

Albums:
    I use a combination of normal electric shavers and pubic shavers. I find it easier to use the t-bar trimmer (like on the shavesmooth.com) to trim my nuts and then then the pubic shaver to finish it up. I shave everything else or hit what the trimmer/pubic shaver misses with my Synchro. It does a great job, but you just have to make sure your electric is clean for best results.

I've personally never get razor burn or irritation and my face gets irritated from frequent shaving.

Draft saved Draft deleted