Shaving

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by mehgah, Dec 26, 2005.

1. mehgah

mehgah New Member

I realize this subject is probably here, there and everywhere on this site, but I couldn't find the info I needed and I'd like an answer ASAP:

I just removed the hair from my chest and crotch (used a Mach III Turbo downstairs and some Male version of Neet on my chest and stomach, the girlfriend gave it to me). Anyway, it's over and done with but now I have a number of red marks that look like ingrown pimples (though obviously they're not, they appeared in about 10 minutes) on my chest (there's only about 6-8 or so of them) and there's a couple of them down south.. two questions come to mind:

1. Once it's done for, what's the best way to get these red marks to go away ASAP? I took a shower right away to get any sort of irritants off my skin so that's not really a concern, but I'm wondering if there's any shaving secrets people have out there that would benefit us all, and

2. Particularly when shaving your crotch, what is the best technique in your opinions, to avoid getting any kind of razor burn or marking? Personally, I go with the grain and I only go once... if it doesn't get it all, I wait until the next day and try again, seems to eliminate any sort of friction burns.

Thanks in advance, I just want these red marks to go away before the little woman comes back and mocks me for dear life. :)

2. Geo

Geo Member

Albums:
    I did this stuff when I was doing the web/video modeling stuff ....

your bumping up ... there is no way to reverse it but rest assured it will pass in about 3 days. The hair shafts will just have to grow long enought to surface. If you mess with it they will just get more red and possibly get infected. Just keep the areas clean. If your grl asks tell her you missed her and you have been jerking off too much.

don't shave too close, or don't shave at all. get a pair of curved stainless-steel surgical scissors like the kind docs use for surgery and cut the hairs instead of shaving them. The curve should curve *away* from the areas and it will prevent you from cutting so close so as to raise the hair shaft to be below the level of the skin, which is the problem. Or use a slighty dull ladies' razor with foamed soap or shaving creme and don't press to hard; the foam will act as a spacing layer for the razor blade. never use an electric shaver.

... just my two cents ...

3. dfox7.3x5

dfox7.3x5 New Member

I've found that Nair for Men is less hazardous than shaving, as long as you follow the directions and don't leave it on longer than recommended. The bottle says it's not for use on genitals, but I've not had any problem. Well, once I did leave it on longer than recommended and I paid for it with stinging balls for a day or so, but I found that ordinary hand lotion calmed it down nicely.

For me, shaving my balls was easy, but I have a fair amount of hair on my shaft, and taking a razor to it was really scary for me. Nair was the answer.

4. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

Vitamin E is gonna be your best bet.
    Don't shave. Nair.

5. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

The older threads on this subject would be more helpful. We have discussed it quite a few times.

6. mehgah

mehgah New Member

Don't you think Nair is a bit harsh to be putting on your sack, though? I mean, your testicles are only 5mm beneath the surface of your skin!

I've gotten Nair on my nipple and it turned into a chemical burn which hurt for a couple days, but it wasn't anything serious. I am kinda weary about the same for down south, though.

Or do you think their warning is just one of their big safety precautions to cover their asses?

7. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

Obviously not, or I wouldn't do it.
    How long did the Nair remain on your nipple?
    I am sure that is exactly what it is, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be dangerous if you used the product improperly. Just be sure that you don't leave any on your skin for too long.

8. college22punk9

Yeah umm.. if you are gonna use Nair, you might wanna kinda test out with a SMALL area, becuase I put nair on me, and in 10 seconds, I was bleeding slightly. so better to check on a small area than cover yourself and realize "ouch get this shit off of me!"

9. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    i jus do it in tha shower with dove sensitive skin soap wit LOTS of suds and warm water.it makes tha razor slide smoother but remember its a RAZOR BY YOUR PENIS so dont get to comfortable and if u gonna shave get the whole thing. around balls and all tha way around your meat and under balls and put a small layer of cocoa butter around your whole area but let everything air dry first so u dont get lent everywhere. and cocoa butter will also keep you from itchin and gettin bumps and i black so i cant be all ashy and shit

10. B_Danceswithlamps

B_Danceswithlamps New Member

I just use a normal blade, sometimes nothing else with it, but it hurts, and I end up cutting myself. I used Nair for women one time because that was all I could find. It worked, but I smelled weird for a while... Probably some people are just kinda allergic to it.... It wouldn't suprise me... :D:D:D:D

11. KinkGuy

Gold Member

We sure wouldn't want men looking like men, hair and all, now would we?

12. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    yea but i play sports so i be smellin extra sweaty plus i uncut so i dont wanna smell to ripe

13. mehgah

mehgah New Member

That, and I'm not a big fan of going down on the missus and getting a mouthful of hair, can't say I blame her for feeling the same way.

Doesn't take too long, doesn't change a whole lot and it makes things easier on her -- hell, it's cleaner IMO.

14. mehgah

mehgah New Member

About 10 minutes -- the maximum Nair recommends. My upper chest hair is fairly thick, and anything less than 8 or 9 minutes and it just makes the hair brittle, but it stays rooted, so I needed to hold it on there for the 10 minutes. It was my first time doing the Nair thing, and I learned my lesson!

I think I'll attempt the Nair thing south of the border on the next go -- expect a report back.

15. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Why must you remove that which makes you male?

16. KinkGuy

Gold Member

OK. But the point I was trying make...........is why are you trying to make yourself less male?

17. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

You do realize that women grow pubic hair too, right?

18. B_Spladle

B_Spladle New Member

This is a pretty stupid question.

19. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

What's wrong with being neatly groomed? Why do you want your pubes and chest hair being all bushy and gross looking? I usually trim both every few weeks. And during the summer, I've even been known to take the clippers to my legs to make sure that my leg hair didn't get wild and wooly, too. I get the hair on my head cut regularly, I shave my face, why wouldn't I trim my body hair, too? It just seems logical to me. It's disgusting to see some people in locker rooms that have pubes and chest hair as long as ZZ Top's beard. If you can braid it, it needs to be cut!

20. mehgah

mehgah New Member

So I'm at the gym today and after running I go to the locker room and strip down to take a shower.

This guy I know from the gym looks at me and snickers at the red bumps that were produced from my bad shaving episode (see above) and he tells me "put some cream on those or they'll hurt like a bitch, unless you want to play connect the dots"... I was speechless.

Not like I was mortified or anything, it's just locker room talk, but I didn't even think about it until my buddy made his wise crack. The bastard.

Spladle, I would be grateful if you could hunt him down for me and tell him he should die, would you?

Draft saved Draft deleted