Sheehan returns to rebuke Obama

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the old dude...

Lawdy, the liberal poster child even lambasts ol' Barrah...

After spending weeks dogging George W. Bush's presidential vacations, anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan is now trying to make life uncomfortable for President Barack Obama. Sheehan used to pitch a peace camp near Bush's ranch in Crawford, Texas, becoming a symbol of the anti-war movement after her son Casey died in action in Iraq.
On Thursday, she and a band of anti-war protesters turned up outside the media center used by journalists covering Obama's vacation on the well-heeled east coast resort island of Martha's Vineyard.

What say you libtards... are you in agreement with Cynthia or find her with incongruity with Der Leader and must be annihilated?

It's one or the other...

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She told US peace activists to wake up and protest Obama's escalation of the war in Afghanistan, and complained that despite the president's anti-war stance, US troops remained in Iraq.

Duh. Silly ass. He's backed nothing he said... and this is all you have, dude?

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't know who you were expecting to answer to the, in your mind, delightfully trenchant "libtard" :rolleyes:, but I always support protests. Good for Ms. Sheehan - thumbs up for not being an armchair dissident.

Zeuhl34

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm sure she knew damn well that Obama's campaign position was to take focus off IRaq and shift effort and resources to Afghanistan. I'm also pretty damn sure she voted for him, knowing his position. Just because two high-profile people are on the same side of the political spectrum, it doesn't mean that they have identical views on all issues. However, I applaud her for voicing her opinion in a public way. I don't totally agree with her stance that we should completely withdraw from Afghanistan, but good for her for making her voice heard in a civil way.

uncutguy37

Legendary Member
Media
when she was protesting Bush the left wing liberals loved her and supported her and used her, now that she is protesting Obama, they say "enough is enough" ( from Charlie Gibson) and she should go away.

mynameisnobody

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
weren't righties once dismissing Cindy Sheehan as a kooky publicity whore and vandalizing her encampments?
Really? First I've heard of this factoid about vandalism. Source? Links? (Not HuffPo or DailyKOS, please).

And what part of the "right" political spectrum might these purported vandals occupy? Most of the right puts considerable store in the concept of the inviolability of private property. Purely as a matter of principle, a Rightie is unlikely to resort to vandalism of any sort.

Last edited:

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Really? First I've heard of this factoid about vandalism. Source? Links? (Not HuffPo or DailyKOS, please).

And what part of the "right" political spectrum might these purported vandals occupy? Most of the right puts considerable store in the concept of the inviolability of private property. Purely as a matter of principle, a Rightie is unlikely to resort to vandalism of any sort.
1 suspect in custody following Dem HQ vandalism in Denver

1 suspect in custody following Dem HQ vandalism in Denver - The Denver Post

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I don't know what the point of the o.p. is or the referenced article (except that maybe the former needs to look in varying his reading material).

If the point is that some on the political left aren't too keen on the escalating war in Afghanistan, then so WHAT?

Where does it say we have to be in total agreement with everything any president does, whether we voted for him or not?

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
an LPSG first.

Don't see where that's any rocket science.

Say you needed a car and you had only two to choose from:

One has fairly nice styling, good mileage, and you like the ride, only you don't exactly like the pin striping in the bucket seats and the dash has a strange dohicky on it for what, you don't know.

But the other... that fucker gets terrible mileage, IF you get it started. It looks more like last century's model than last year's, rides like a tank, rattles, and keeps steering to the right.

No brainer, imo. :cool: