Shenandoah Valley Roll Call

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
Would our friends in the Charlottesville/Blacksburg area please sign in and let us know you're OK?

Especially you, curiousgurl. Bliss and I are worried about you.

Edit:I made this thread sticky and am going to leave it stuck until we know everybody's all right.

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Hi there. Thanks for the concern. All is okay, on my end. My brother is a student at VT, however is home for the semester due to some trouble he got into (divine intervention, it seems). While my family is okay, we are still pretty shaken up about the whole thing. My brother is scheduled to go back in the fall to start his second semester in the engineering program. The dorm where he lived during his first semester neighbored the one that the first shooting took place in, and several of his classes were in the very building where many lost their lives.

Tuition is paid for the fall semester, however he (and my parents) are strongly considering a transfer. While this type thing can happen anywhere, it's a bit too close for comfort this time.

My heart goes out to others who are suffering right now, you never expect this type thing to happen in your home town.

Thanks again for checking up.....

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ryanishung was a student at Virginia Tech and hasn't signed on in 6 days. There is a different Ryan among those who have been confirmed dead, but the list I saw only had 21 names so far. It is always uncomfortable to hope for one life over another, but that is often what we do when we have some knowledge of one in a group of many. Thus, while I wish no sadness on any family, I hope we will learn soon that LPSG's Ryan is safe and well.

D_Lawsonne Lackingnuts

Experimental Member
Media
Hopefully this post will answer everyone's concerns and questions...

First off, I would like to send out a thanks to everyone who sent me a private message or some other form of communication to let me know that I was in their thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to me that even though this is an online community, we are still there to support one another.

Second, I have experienced heartache and tragedy as a result of the events at Virginia Tech. While I was not one of the victims, someone very close to me was. I cannot reveal who it is, out of respect for his friends and family and due to a confidentiality clause. However, I can say that this astounding young man was a close friend of mine since I started attending VT. He was helpful, kind, and caring in helping me adapt to this new experience and I shared many things with him. He was a great friend to me, and over the course of the past couple of months, became my confidant and lover.

Over the course of this past week, I have gone through some of the most painful and emotional times of my life to this point. After a discussion with several important and influential people in my life, I have decided to not return to Virginia Tech in the fall. My future is undecided for right now, and so I ask for your continued strength and advice in helping me discover and find out what life has in store for me.

Thank you for your support. Much love, Ryan.

bluekarma

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Ryan, reading your post gave me chills. I am so sorry you had to experience something so tragic at such a young age. To lose someone you love is a horrible thing, and I pray that you find some sort of peace to get you through this. I'm sure your decision to not return to VT was an incredibly hard one to make, and one that my brother also made. Good luck, and God Bless sweetie.

First off, I would like to send out a thanks to everyone who sent me a private message or some other form of communication to let me know that I was in their thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to me that even though this is an online community, we are still there to support one another.

Second, I have experienced heartache and tragedy as a result of the events at Virginia Tech. While I was not one of the victims, someone very close to me was. I cannot reveal who it is, out of respect for his friends and family and due to a confidentiality clause. However, I can say that this astounding young man was a close friend of mine since I started attending VT. He was helpful, kind, and caring in helping me adapt to this new experience and I shared many things with him. He was a great friend to me, and over the course of the past couple of months, became my confidant and lover.

Over the course of this past week, I have gone through some of the most painful and emotional times of my life to this point. After a discussion with several important and influential people in my life, I have decided to not return to Virginia Tech in the fall. My future is undecided for right now, and so I ask for your continued strength and advice in helping me discover and find out what life has in store for me.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ryan,

My heart goes out to you. I cannot even begin to imagine such a devastating experience.

You have my sympathy. And if I can help in any way, please let me know.

Very sincerely

NCbear (and watch your inbox for a another PM with my off-list contact information, should you wish to use it)

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Orginially Posted by ryanishung

August 3, 2007
Ryan.

Even thought it has been a short few months since that tragic early morning,
I just wanted to let you know that my thoughts and prayers are still with you.
It is my hope that you are dealing well with the untimely loss of your friend,
and that you have found a new place to continue your education.

Wishing you the
best of everything.

Camper Joe