Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
"All too many men still seem to believe, in a rather naive and egocentric way, that what feels good to them is automatically what feels good to women."

Despite the often ridiculous controversy and misogynistic hostility that she endured, Shere Hite helped advance sexual equality for women in a way few have managed. The concerns over her methodology were scientifically valid, but they do not negate the crucial underlying message: Women's sexual needs are often discounted or ignored by partners and deprioritized by society. Her work still hasn't completely bloomed but it has helped give millions of women a more confident foothold to lay claim to their own sexual satisfaction.

Thank you for your bravery, Shere Hite. My hope is that your work continues to be a foundation of mutual respect for one another and more sensual fun and intimacy for all.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Official Site

Official member of the Baddest Bitch Squad
dea8f7b2c589afb76802f3f019790abc.jpg

Ms Hite completely decimated the unattractive, sex negative feminist trope. In all activity she slayed.

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I remember discovering The Hite Report in college, and I was almost giddy. I had already been married, had a child and got divorced. It would have been a game changer had I been armed with her writings before I was married.

DiamondJoe

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I imagine that outside of her professional persona, she was probably a lot of fun with the friends that she trusted. It took some serious chutzpah to advance the issues that she did. Most that have that attitude are also those that I'm drawn towards.
Like Mae West said: "People who are easily shocked should be shocked more often."

:p

Mule

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
She certainly upset a lot of men, so it wasn't all bad :kissing_heart:

I imagine that outside of her professional persona, she was probably a lot of fun with the friends that she trusted. It took some serious chutzpah to advance the issues that she did. Most that have that attitude are also those that I'm drawn towards.

thedrainman

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In addition to her book 'The Hite Report on female sexuality', she also wrote a companion book called 'The Hite report on male sexuality' - over 1100 pages! I have a copy of this book that is looking for a new home but it weighs a ton and postage outside the UK would be prohibitive.

Reactions: MickeyLee