shes so hot but has herpes...

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Agree - educate yourself first, and talk to her about it too.
At least she was good enough to disclose it!
No matter what - wear a condom.

Also read and was told that L-Lysine 1000mg for 2-3 times a day is the natural way for the body to shed Herpes outbreaks and prevent future outbreaks as well - and a hell of alot cheaper than the meds, but I could be wrong. I know that it does help with shingles.

There's a previous discussion on here about herpes too - may want to search for it.

Frnkd213

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was not going to post a response after reading the first few that mimicked your own response upon finding out that she had herpes, but as I read further I realized, as others have given you helpful thoughts and information to think about and consider before "hitting" her once, that my experience may be valuable to you.

I met my wife at work, she in a different dept same company. Prior to asking her out I found out that she was dating another employee and I was happy for both of them. When I found out that she had called it off I figure I make my move. We went out a few times nothing came of it, sex wise, however as she and I realized that our relationship was developing and soon it would go to the next level as I was become more heated, i was proud of my control. Anyway one day she sat me down and went over where we were in our relationship and that we would probably eventually have sex. I think that is what attracted me to her, her candor and up front way of stating things.

Well that is when she told me that the main reason for breaking up with her last BF was that he had given her herpes. With our relationship seemingly developing she wanted to ensure that I knew what I would be getting "into", her experience with finding out what her ex did made her determine never to do the same to anyone else.
So I was left to choose, risk getting herpes or part ways, at that time getting information was not like it is today. So went down to the local clinic and got information etc. I am and have not been a very promiscuous person and my relationship with women have been few but she just stole my heart and I new I could live with her for the rest of my life.

What impressed me more and made me decide to risk it was the fact that she had told me that she had the virus, disease, and was willing to accept my choice with not wanting to go any further with our relationship and understood this.

Well I chose the relationship and accepted the fact that if I did get the virus I made a choice and was willing to live with it. Well I have herpes now, happily married for 25+ years, my son just finished basic training in the military and I do not regret at all choosing to stay with her.

I have worried that when I have an outbreak, though it has been rare, my wife feels guilty or responsible for it, my attitude when I made that choice to stay with her was that I would never hold her responsible for it and vowed to her that I would not. When either of us got an outbreak we just casually mentioned that our friend is visiting.

I don't blame the posters who are concern for themselves and may say it as bluntly as I have read it, however ultimately its your choice OP. I would like to say that at least you know you have a choice because of her.

I do wonder as some posters have mentioned how many have unknowingly fucked someone who did not reveal to them that they have an STD and because of the moment said fuck it and went for it, "will never see this guy/girl again anyway"

It is a commitment, choose wisely

MsThang

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
South Florida (recently relocated from NYC)
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
started to hook up with this smoking hot girl the other night and then she drops the H bomb:eek:....I pulled the old coyote gnawing off the arm and run away move. We talked the other day and she still wants to hang out....worth the risk if shes not having a breakout to wrap it and hit it at least once??

OMG...OMG...OMG this is what FREAKS me out. I am going to pray now because I may never have sex again if I don't get over this fear of STDs.

Enigmuhh

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
See, when you asked if you should risk it for getting with her only once, I would advise against it. In that situation, the risk just is not worth the benefit.

But if she is someone who you could see yourself with in the foreseeable future or longer, then as some posters suggested, educate yourself with knowledge of the disease (symptoms, how it's spread, how it can impact your children, etc.) and make up your mind from there.

That's my best advice. Whatever you decide to do is ultimately up to you. And I give that women tons of respect for being considerate enough to tell you about her status instead of making you play russian roulette with your health.