She's stoned

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
you have been reported to the moderators. There is no other intention here outside of trolling/flaming. there is no discussion here.

What! I have to disagree. This is called social commentary. Sounds like you would rid every political cartoonist out of a job. (Sorry don't report me..this is just my opinion)

B_lrgeggs

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I wonder how long a fellow could fish with all the bait you provide, face?

BTW...did you ever talk to your minister about your world-record cumshots?

Could we kindly get back on topic....(well or at least what I think the topic is) How should we today deal with Adultery? I think in some states
it still is a criminal offense. Should it continue that way? Thank you Faceking for starting this thread!

Last edited:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Or going to be

Activist: Iranian mother of two to be stoned to death - CNN.com

"We must respect other cultures... "

/Obama

It is hypocritical of you to pretend torture and capital punishment for crimes are somehow alien to your own culture, when those practices occur in America and are still endorsed by American conservatives - such as your beloved former Bush administration, and its supporters, who endorse the use of torture a.ka "advanced interrogation techniques".

The U.S.A. needs to sweep around its own front porch before it sweeps around Iran's.

Last edited:

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I encourage people to watch the Stoning of Soraya M. to get a first hand account of what stoning is like for those women. It changes your mind forever on that sort of law. Tomcat, have you seen the movie? How can one respect that.

Should we also respect the idea of cutting off body parts responsible for female orgasm? Have you seen that procedure take place?

Dreamer20:
There are some cultures that should not be respected. I don't consider capital punishment of hardcore criminals to be harsh compared to stoning someone to death for appearing to have an affair based on two males in the township saying she did. I dont think someone who murders multiple innocent people is entitled to keep their life here on earth, they have rendered themselves a danger to society and useless. They don't deserve others to pay for them for the rest of their life.

But either way, are we executing or accidentally killing those we are interrogating all the time? They walk away with virtually no damage, certainly not permanent damage from waterboarding or lack of sleep. Unlike the women who are left in a pool of blood burried into the ground up to their chest taking rocks to their skull and face. Those women get to die, everytime, by the hands of the community that once embraced them. They watch their father, husband and sons throw stones at them until they are unconscious.

They are also not allowed to be burried, the wild animals are the ones who take care of the remains. For those who are stoned can not have a burial.

I think we should be talking about the real subject of stoning here. But i suppose very few of you know about it based on the lack of conversation.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
What! I have to disagree. This is called social commentary. Sounds like you would rid every political cartoonist out of a job. (Sorry don't report me..this is just my opinion)

I'm sorry but you're wrong. Had faceking posed some sort of question or sparked some sort of debate in his post, I would have a different. All he did was post a link to a story about a woman being stoned to death and then post a quote by Obama. The only thing he was doing was trying to start some sort of argument.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I encourage people to watch the Stoning of Soraya M. to get a first hand account of what stoning is like for those women. It changes your mind forever on that sort of law. Tomcat, have you seen the movie? How can one respect that.

Should we also respect the idea of cutting off body parts responsible for female orgasm? Have you seen that procedure take place?

Dreamer20:
There are some cultures that should not be respected. I don't consider capital punishment of hardcore criminals to be harsh compared to stoning someone to death for appearing to have an affair based on two males in the township saying she did. I dont think someone who murders multiple innocent people is entitled to keep their life here on earth, they have rendered themselves a danger to society and useless. They don't deserve others to pay for them for the rest of their life.

But either way, are we executing or accidentally killing those we are interrogating all the time? They walk away with virtually no damage, certainly not permanent damage from waterboarding or lack of sleep. Unlike the women who are left in a pool of blood burried into the ground up to their chest taking rocks to their skull and face. Those women get to die, everytime, by the hands of the community that once embraced them. They watch their father, husband and sons throw stones at them until they are unconscious.

They are also not allowed to be burried, the wild animals are the ones who take care of the remains. For those who are stoned can not have a burial.

I think we should be talking about the real subject of stoning here. But i suppose very few of you know about it based on the lack of conversation.

You are a piece of work, madam. You are ALWAYS misconstruing (or deliberately lying about) what I say. My post was in response to the OP's seeming point that the posted news story invalidates the given Obama quote. It most certainly does not. OF COURSE we must respect other cultures. But to imply that Obama means that we must respect the fact that Iran considers it OK to stone a woman for adultery is hogwash. He's not saying that at all, and you know it. YES, I've seen the movie, so get off your fucking moral high horse. You're equivocating- killing someone is either wrong or it's not. I'm in favor of the death penalty for violent sexual predators who kill kids- or for particularly heinous murderers- but at least I recognize the moral ambiguity here. I recognize that I very well may be a hypocrite. YOU, however, pretend there is a very bright white line here separating you from the monsters who say it's ok to stone alleged adulterers. There is no such line. The line is very much gray and blurry.

We HAVE TO respect other cultures- because many of those cultures consider things we do to be morally heinous- like kill in the name of the government. What makes us so right? Countries like Mexico, UK, France etc, that DO NOT have capital punishment anymore think WE are the monsters. Should THEY respect our culture? Wouldn't they say the same thing about us? Why should they respect our cultures? When Obama speaks of respecting other cultures- he's telling us to pick and choose our moral battles wisely- he is NOT telling us that we have to respect everything they do.

TomCat84

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
he's starting a debate, about how much respect we should have for other peoples cultures, if you can't see that, you are too sensitive to be over here.

No, he wasn't. He was trying to inflame people's emotions by implying that Obama thinks stoning women for adultery is not a debatable moral issue, because it's another culture.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I oppose all forms of capital punishment: period; I also oppose the presumption of anyone else's ethics or moral standards on me: period.

The world's a big, harsh terrible place filled with injustice of all types against all sorts of people for all sorts of reasons. I can only control the small parts of the world I happen to be inhabiting at any given time, and even then, most of that control is an illusion perpetrated by my own ego.

MR: I followed the thread in the Women's Issues forum on this topic very closely and believe that I even posted something brief by way of condemning it as barbarism, which it clearly is. What is less clear to me are two things related to this:

1) Beyond condemnation, what steps if any are possible to stop this from occurring?

2) Should an international body or foreign authority of any kind find a common practice in the US to be an act of barbarism, what steps should they be justified in taking to prevent it from occurring?

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
You are a piece of work, madam. You are ALWAYS misconstruing (or deliberately lying about) what I say. My post was in response to the OP's seeming point that the posted news story invalidates the given Obama quote. It most certainly does not. OF COURSE we must respect other cultures.

oh, wait you are one of those who claim any debate or interpretation of what you say is a lie. I refuse to debate with you from this point. I won't bother reading the rest of what you say. People who say those who come back with a response based on what they saw as being constant liars can't be talked to in my book. Have a good day. I'll put you on ignore so i can no longer fabricate lies about you.

But to imply that Obama means that we must respect the fact that Iran considers it OK to stone a woman for adultery is hogwash. He's not saying that at all, and you know it. YES, I've seen the movie, so get off your fucking moral high horse. You're equivocating- killing someone is either wrong or it's not. I'm in favor of the death penalty for violent sexual predators who kill kids- or for particularly heinous murderers- but at least I recognize the moral ambiguity here. I recognize that I very well may be a hypocrite. YOU, however, pretend there is a very bright white line here separating you from the monsters who say it's ok to stone alleged adulterers. There is no such line. The line is very much gray and blurry.

We HAVE TO respect other cultures- because many of those cultures consider things we do to be morally heinous- like kill in the name of the government. What makes us so right? Countries like Mexico, UK, France etc, that DO NOT have capital punishment anymore think WE are the monsters. Should THEY respect our culture? Wouldn't they say the same thing about us? Why should they respect our cultures? When Obama speaks of respecting other cultures- he's telling us to pick and choose our moral battles wisely- he is NOT telling us that we have to respect everything they do.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
No, he wasn't. He was trying to inflame people's emotions by implying that Obama thinks stoning women for adultery is not a debatable moral issue, because it's another culture.

Actually i never mentioned Obama in my thoughts. I was talking about stoning. Thanks for playing though.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK yes the thread is reported and we felt that discussion could ensue from the topic as I had just finished reading the article on CNN minutes before it was reported.
What I don't like are quotes taken out of context to a discussion. If faceking can support the quote of President Obama as it relates to this topic specifically I would like to see it; otherwise you are wrong in including it in the post. This is exactly the sort of thing that has made this forum so "Special Needs" in relation to the other forums on the site.
Try to keep it real folks.
Thank you.

Tattooed Goddess

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I oppose all forms of capital punishment: period; I also oppose the presumption of anyone else's ethics or moral standards on me: period.

The world's a big, harsh terrible place filled with injustice of all types against all sorts of people for all sorts of reasons. I can only control the small parts of the world I happen to be inhabiting at any given time, and even then, most of that control is an illusion perpetrated by my own ego.

MR: I followed the thread in the Women's Issues forum on this topic very closely and believe that I even posted something brief by way of condemning it as barbarism, which it clearly is. What is less clear to me are two things related to this:

1) Beyond condemnation, what steps if any are possible to stop this from occurring?

2) Should an international body or foreign authority of any kind find a common practice in the US to be an act of barbarism, what steps should they be justified in taking to prevent it from occurring?

Bbucko, thanks for taking the subjects at hand and bantering with me about them. In the thread i started about stoning, we couldn't come up with much that could affect that particular belief system. The form of punishment is so harsh, with no real trial or evidence being put forward in order to put someone to death- unlike a serial killer who has multiple appeals to their murder conviction and must have a jury of peers who do not know the defendent to sentence the person based on serious thought about evidence presented.....stoning for adultury is like killing a child for talking back to you or getting a sassy mouth with Grandma. It's so heavy handed for the crime presented that it's beyond unreasonable.

I don't see a way that it can be handled. As talking to those who believe in this method/reason for killing women can not be reasoned with. I have no idea other than heavy handed tactics, there will always be smaller sects of this religious absurdity going on around the world.

The other thread didn't come up with much idea on how to realistically handle it either.