Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's a very hot summer here and I'm usually shirtless at home. I stay shirtless also when i have someone visiting me. If it's my gay friends or girls it si no big deal. But when my str8 male friends come, I always put a shirt on before opening the door. Now we're quite good friends tehy know I'm gay and they have absolutely no problems with it. We even discuss my love problems sometimes, but still I always think: if am shirtless around them they might get it wrong and freak out or something...

So what do you think? Should I loosen up?

Dude - if it's really hot, they might well be shirtless too lol - wouldnt worry.

Gnashin Teefe

Sexy Member
Media
Yes, you deserve to be comfortable in your own home, but it's admirable that you are concerned about the sensitivities of your straight friends. You say they are fine with you being gay, so be happy about that. If you think going shirtless might create an uncomfortable situation in your friendship, then perhaps you aren't all that close to begin with. But at least you are showing respect for the friendship of your straight buddies.

zawfi

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Guys going shirtless in hot weather was pretty common when I was a kid in Ohio and also at college in San Diego. I can't see that it's a "gay" thing at all. Of course, I like seeing guys shirtless because I'm gay, but most straight guys won't freak out being around shirtless guys.

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If I had the body I once had, I'd go shirtless in hot weather, especially in my own home.

I was too self-conscious about my chest scar from open-heart surgery two years ago to swim without a tee-shirt recently while camping.

VeeP

Sexy Member
Media
Sounds like more their problem than yours, although it never hurts to be considerate of the more "prudish" among us. :biggrin1:

eastbaydude

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If the weather warrants being shirtless, there's no reason at all to put one on if another guy shows up at the door.

But, I was raised that you cover up if a woman arrives on the scene. I workout outside in just shorts and always put on a shirt if one of my female neighbors comes by for something. That's just good manners, isn't it?

ninerr

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a habit of walking around naked most of the time, so when I know someone's coming over I'll throw on a pair of baggy shorts and freeball in those.

Hell, I've had guy friends come over just after I finished a run -- went into the shower, forgot my towel in my room (I'm really bad for leaving my towel in my room after I dry off while I get dressed) and so I've had to parade about the house naked in front of friends. They didn't care, they've seen me naked in the locker room and they made fun of me for how scatterbrained I was. We're all straight and it wasn't an issue.

Honey123

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think if you feel the need to put a shirt on, then do so. Regardless of how hot it is, you have A/C, right?. Sometimes our instincts are better than our reasoning.

conchis

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
no problem visiting a shirtless gay friend.
some problem if the same gay friend would open the door underwearless :)

D_Beau Nerr

Experimental Member
Media
Come on, man. it's hot. you should be shirtless regardless of whos coming or not. I think your major issue is being uncomfortable being with straight guys.

It's a very hot summer here and I'm usually shirtless at home. I stay shirtless also when i have someone visiting me. If it's my gay friends or girls it si no big deal. But when my str8 male friends come, I always put a shirt on before opening the door. Now we're quite good friends tehy know I'm gay and they have absolutely no problems with it. We even discuss my love problems sometimes, but still I always think: if am shirtless around them they might get it wrong and freak out or something...

So what do you think? Should I loosen up?

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
But, I was raised that you cover up if a woman arrives on the scene. I workout outside in just shorts and always put on a shirt if one of my female neighbors comes by for something. That's just good manners, isn't it?

uh, how is it good manners to cover up the reason she's coming by?