Shirtless at home when str8 friends visit

hurry

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my own house, if it's hot, I go around completely naked. If my friends come over I don't put on clothes. They've gotten used to it.

Reactions: Jake1973

Symphonic

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It's a very hot summer here and I'm usually shirtless at home. I stay shirtless also when i have someone visiting me. If it's my gay friends or girls it si no big deal. But when my str8 male friends come, I always put a shirt on before opening the door. Now we're quite good friends tehy know I'm gay and they have absolutely no problems with it. We even discuss my love problems sometimes, but still I always think: if am shirtless around them they might get it wrong and freak out or something...

So what do you think? Should I loosen up?

Before you are a gay, you are a man, release your nipples to the world.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
in LA and socal in general there are lots of places to go shirtless even when you're not at home. resturants, bars, parks, beaches, i can even go to my local post office without a shirt. the dress code here is one of the reasons i'd have a hard time living anywhere else, expecially somewhere cold,

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a habit of walking around naked most of the time, so when I know someone's coming over I'll throw on a pair of baggy shorts and freeball in those.

Hell, I've had guy friends come over just after I finished a run -- went into the shower, forgot my towel in my room (I'm really bad for leaving my towel in my room after I dry off while I get dressed) and so I've had to parade about the house naked in front of friends. They didn't care, they've seen me naked in the locker room and they made fun of me for how scatterbrained I was. We're all straight and it wasn't an issue.

see when you say it this way "parade" it's like it was not a mistake you had no towel. looks like you wanted to set it up and show of

bear all. who cares if you don't have a shirt on. maybe i am selfish, but i could careless if others are offended or maybe it is my subconscious wanting to see if they get turned on.... :)

CynFully

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I grew up in Key West, so seeing shirtless men was the norm. It never offended me one way or the other. Men carried a T-shirt tucked in the back pocket in order to enter bars/restaurants/stores etc. My BF at that time worked outside, and Lord knows you cant do manual labor in KW with a shirt on!!
Northern Girl now: My current BF wears a T-shirt all the time, even at home, around me only. Its his "norm". Which i find strange.
so...no....youre overthinking this....its just a shirt. Theres no need to put one on, when friends visit.
Unless, of course you feel uncomfortable...which might be the jist of your question.
Kinda like i feel uncomfy if friends drop over and im in my robe--i change...I mean....its my ROBE.... lol.
If YOU feel uncomfy---put a shirt on. But dont worry about others...they might just like the view. (wink)

CynFully

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
CountryGuy--u are so right. I have this fantasy of answering the door..half naked/or dressed sexily(?) and the door knocker falls instantly in lust w/ me and we have wild wonderful sex.
reality? I open door in sweats. UPS guy frowns/sniffs and shoves board at me to sign.
Sigh....

butch518

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If its hot and you go to the beach or pool, would you wear a shirt around them? The problem is with people who associate sex with stages of undress. Its nice to look at but doesn't mean sex is going to happen. I've been around friends when wearing boxer shorts and they say how hot it is, but when wearing a bathing suit not the same reaction. I don't really see any difference in either, one doesn't show more then the other.

I can't imagine that this could be an issue for someone. Go shirtless if it's hot and it's OK if you're all guys. With girls around, I'd wear a tank top except when I'm on the beach and its OK to be shirtless all the time.

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
SO not an issure. in the summer when its hot, in my own house - not shirt. if one of the elderly neighbor ladies shows up and needs some help with something then of course i will put a shirt on, but anybody else shows up, friends or whoever. nope. no shirt. of course i don't care if its a 120 degreesF i will never go shirtless in front of my family. uptight lot they are and linen shirts are fine in that circumstance.

D_Navengil Nutroll

Experimental Member
Media
Guys going shirtless in hot weather was pretty common when I was a kid in Ohio and also at college in San Diego. I can't see that it's a "gay" thing at all. Of course, I like seeing guys shirtless because I'm gay, but most straight guys won't freak out being around shirtless guys.

same. no one thought twice about it when i was a kid. no one wore a shirt in the summer. things change i guess. not sure what the issue is now. am not built like an underwear model, but if i don't have a shirt on and you don't like it - deal.

Trekrider

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I thought this was a complete non issue, until I remembered it's a U.S forum. No one cares in my part of the world one way or the other. Aussie guys are often shirtless around each other in hot weather; in fact the more macho he is the more likely he is to go shirtless with his mates.

rostrick

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Definitely loosen up. They are your friends and it is your house. If anyone is uncomfortable, you or them, cover up. Depends on what you're doing. Chillin' watching TV or outside shirtless is cool. In mixed company or sitting down for dinner, wear a shirt. Your buddies should be ok with seeing your body.