Shocker: Sarah Palin to Contribute to Fox News...Faux News...Fixed News

houtx48

Cherished Member
Media
if beck and palin did a show together would they call it "lyin and cryin with sarah and
glen"? may they have a new comedy show about a backwoods governor and all her antics, slutty daughter and her hot boyfriend, hot husband with wandering eye, hot exbrother in law that she can't seem to get rid of. no end of possibilities here.

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Reading this story today, I recalled a text by Arendt or Fromm that discussed building a media presence as necessary to create a common personality touchstone for the public in a quest for power, and immediately gained a little respect for Palin or her advisers.

If Palin proves to be successful and presents as even remotely intelligent, aware, or prescient, I think she could become a political powerhouse for the extreme right. Hardly what I imagined when she was listed in the GOP power rankings in early 2008 and could only think "are they serious".

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I thought that this post was about a delusional stupid and dangerous woman working for Fox now its turned into some rightwinger complaining about 'left leaning' news channels, sorry but Americans wouldn't know left wing politics if it bit them.

Last time I checked my little darling I was hardly a right-winger. What you mistake is that I challenge both of the ideological nimrods when they spew their idiocy.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
It's all about the ratings, and we all know people who watch Fox adore Palin.
Makes sense that she'll be part of their new work/study program. Perhaps they can remind her that North & South Korea are two separate countries?

D_Tully Tunnelrat

Experimental Member
Media
Palin Droning on FOX is good news. The more shiftless assholes who parade their ignorance on FAUX, the better. It's easier to keep an eye on them when they're all in the same place.

Generally I would agree, but in her case she's proven she can at least read a teleprompter (like most politicians...) and when she has been properly prepped coifed, and coached (RNC) she can deliver her red meat well (done); she'll be the perfect zoo keeper, tossing out well carved (for maximum truth omission) t-bone steaks to the angry carnivores out there.

On the plus side, they'll be less airtime to watch Glenn Beck cry on camera.

D

deleted15807

It's all about the ratings....

And never ever about journalism.

A Fox Chief at the Pinnacle of Media and Politics

In the fall of 2008, Roger Ailes, the head of Fox News, went to his boss, Rupert Murdoch, with two complaints: he had heard that Mr. Murdoch was considering endorsing Barack Obama for president in The New York Post, and he had read a book excerpt in Vanity Fair suggesting that Mr. Murdoch was sometimes embarrassed by the right-leaning Fox News.

Mr. Ailes threatened to quit, a person familiar with the conversation said. Instead, Mr. Murdoch soon rewarded him with a new, more lucrative contract — he made $23 million last year in salary, bonuses and other compensation, more than Mr. Murdoch — and The New York Post endorsed John McCain.

OUTFOXED : Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

B_starinvestor

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I thought that this post was about a delusional stupid and dangerous woman working for Fox now its turned into some rightwinger complaining about 'left leaning' news channels, sorry but Americans wouldn't know left wing politics if it bit them.

I understand it.

Left wing = Orgasmic about mediocrity and status quo. Fanatical about the rights of terrorists. Art/culture = good. Hard work/business = bad.

Gimme gimme gimme.

Does that cover it?

Oh, I forgot: Everything that occurs from 9 - 5 each day is a worldwide conspiracy to rob the poor and line the pockets of the rich.

Write it up. That right there is left wing politics.

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The left 30 years ago was pulled to the center leaving nothing in it's place. 'The left' now is what one would call 'the center' during Ronnie-Ray-Guns reign. While 'the right' has moved right hard right

Perhaps if you came up from the rabbit hole once in a while and actually took a look around you might be surprised.

* Lower personal income tax rate on the highest wage earners
* Reduce capital gains tax
* Increase spending on the military
* Reduce corporate taxes
* Increase funding for high-tech weapons
* Pro-Life

Does that sound left or right wing to you????????????????

That was the Democratic platform in 1960 when JFK was elected president.

The Democrats have swung left and the Republicans have followed them. The Republicans are now holding many of the same positions as the Democrats did just 50 years ago.

Stop blathering and take a little time to look at the actual facts and history. If you took off you ideological blinders you would see that there isn't very much difference between the Republicans and the Democrats. You have been taken in by their words and flowery speeches not the actual actions of our elected representatives.

D

deleted15807

I can't wait to hear Palin's biting wit and inspiring repartee.

I am CERTAIN the wonderful writers at The Daily Show and Jon Stewart will have a now bottomless pit of material. She'll be the next Bush.

justasimpleguy

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Haha, swung left? Not with all those aging Baby Boomers trying to return to 1950 when the world was simple and the "negros" knew their place. Ah 1950, back when the professional white male was the center of the universe; those were the days.

And Palin is certainly hard right. She's a true believer born-again dominionist evangelist whatever else you want to call it. All that "take back America for the real Americans" stuff was ugly. Not to mention the Alaskan Indepedence Party. Or that her pastor did a lay on hands blessing to ward her against witchcraft.

Her on Fox is just too funny. I wonder how long it'll be before she quits to pursue her real interests, whatever those are.

D

deleted15807

Haha, swung left? Not with all those aging Baby Boomers trying to return to 1950 when the world was simple and the "negros" knew their place. Ah 1950, back when the professional white male was the center of the universe; those were the days.

And women knew their place, the gays knew their place, all the minorities knew their place. That is what they want to conserve.

Archie Bunker all the way:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Boy the way Glen Miller played, songs that made the hit parade, guys like us we had it made, those were the days, and you know where you were then, girls were girls and men were men, mister we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again, didn't need no welfare states everybody pulled his weight, gee our old Lasalle ran great, those were the days!"[/FONT]

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There's only one poster on the forum I cannot stand. He who cannot speak of things as they are, he who MUST spin as hard as he possibly can to suit the most biased political stance I've ever seen in a human being, he who can't even ENTERTAIN the notion of an opposing viewpoint (and promptly put me on ignore when I asked if he was capable of such a thing; best irony ever), he who makes a brutish, ignorant habit of quoting a person's FACTS and WORTHY POINTS as "zzzzzzzzzzzzz"

I really think he's here to make a mockery of the left, watching with glee as lemmings jump to their intellectual deaths. Otherwise I cannot believe such a strident ridiculous persona to exist. It's like he came here to troll, and instead of trolling found everyone latching on to his flame baiting, ridiculous rhetoric.

Either that or he's been banned from every real politics forum on the planet and is stuck on a cock forum. It's not about his stance; if he were on the right I'd disown him just as fast. But I wouldnt have to because if he were he on the right he'd have been banned years ago because he'd have bothered someone other than me.

Seriously...

Last edited:

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Either that or he's been banned from every real politics forum on the planet and is stuck on a cock forum. It's not about his stance; if he were on the right I'd disown him just as fast. But I wouldnt have to because if he were he on the right he'd have been banned years ago because he'd have bothered someone other than me.

Seriously...

I suspect there's some truth to this suspicion, but not just for the lefty liberal you cannot stand. I'm certain many at least four right-wingers post here for the same reason.:smile::smile::smile:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
FOX is just using her as a court jester, or carnival barker, something to get attention

there isn't any real republican who honestly believes she has any substance,

they might run her for prez in 2012, but even if she wins she'll just be another puppet regime like "W" was

dick cheney will still be in the cellar running the evil empire.